Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Before I got here, didn't this board wonder if she was hot?
    There were a LOT of things that went on early on, before some of you even got here. Before this format, this place used to be the Wild West, especially when it was Michigan-MSU week, or any two of UNH-BC-Maine or Wisconsin-UND-Minnesota.

95% of the political bull**** wasn't here. There was one board, and it wasn't sorted at all. Score threads, women's hockey, D1, D3, all of it smushed together. Anything that went past a couple of days usually needed a new thread.
    Last edited by Hammer; 11-25-2019, 10:49 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      There were a LOT of things that went on early on, before some of you even got here. Before this format, this place used to be the Wild West, especially when it was Michigan-MSU week, or any two of UNH-BC-Maine or Wisconsin-UND-Minnesota.
      You were here way before me, as anyone can see on join dates. I joined after that questionable hit, don't even remember the names....it was a knee to the head or something? It was outside the crease, that was the big issue. HUGE deal here, and given my personality, and neutrality given the east coast teams involved, I chimed in.

Sh* was CRAZY back then. It's so much more tame now.....
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I go back a couple years before my sign-in date. I don't even think there was a "report" button. When one of those red-letter weeks came up on the calendar, it was time to grab a drink and buckle up, because we were going for a ride. There was no getting around it. Anything goes, and it usually did. That was when Chuck Murray did his best work around here. Nothing has ever laid a glove on his early stuff.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I totally forgot about chuck

Comment

Chuck pretty much went left the board for a long while. I remember it being a huge deal that he got to 1,000 posts, and he left shortly after that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, it has been 22 years for me. I was here in 1997, under the old board format. When the board switched over to this format in July 1999, we all had to re-register. No one knew where anything went. There was an awful lot of stuff moved to the Cafe due to lack of OHC.

...including the "Hot or Not".
              Back when the name was uscollegehockeyonline.com. 😀

Comment

I go back a couple years before my sign-in date. I don't even think there was a "report" button. When one of those red-letter weeks came up on the calendar, it was time to grab a drink and buckle up, because we were going for a ride. There was no getting around it. Anything goes, and it usually did. That was when Chuck Murray did his best work around here. Nothing has ever laid a glove on his early stuff.
                Forgot about him. Yeah, he worked some magic.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                  Back when the name was uscollegehockeyonline.com. 😀
                  Ahh, yes. Someone else from the old days.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Exter/Eaves. THANK YOU TO MNS for remembering the details.
                    That was a FIRESTORM of discussion.

Comment

• Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Marriages:
                      terrierbyassociation#2 and erin (though IIRC they are now divorced)
                      They did divorce. Erin was very cool. I talked to her a lot on Twitter. Sadly, Erin passed away 7/21/18.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        they did divorce. Erin was very cool. I talked to her a lot on twitter. Sadly, erin passed away 7/21/18.
                        wteff????

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          wteff????
                          Fck cancer

Comment

Chuck Murray...the man who loved the Expos right?
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well, it has been 22 years for me. I was here in 1997, under the old board format. When the board switched over to this format in July 1999, we all had to re-register. No one knew where anything went. There was an awful lot of stuff moved to the Cafe due to lack of OHC.

...including the "Hot or Not".
                              Never thought about how long its been, holy ****. Board sucks now in comparison.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

My join date is a bit before this handle. I briefly had a different one before i ever really posted much. So i must have been a 99 or 2000.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X