Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Actually when they first started nate and phil were not that bad. In fact some thought they were just a Lefty trying to troll. (much like with Flag) They mostly just posted Drudge Report stuff and got destroyed for it. They would even show up on the hockey side of the board and discuss sports Much like Flag though they went off the deep end as the war kept going. A lot of the crap we use today to mock Cons are references to stuff they used to say. (they were big on the "Why Do You Hate America?" bit) nate started to get SUPER angry and phil was always egging him on. (for a while I thought they were the same person but someone I believe said they met one of them) By the end they made the board awful which is why I was away when Hank did what he did...though I wish I had seen it. Hank was wrong, but man was it needed.

Didnt we think Blinky was one of the BC guys for a bit? I usually ignored his posts because they were like Trump tweets. Reading them hurt my brain.

The problem with this board (and a lot of message boards in general) is, that if you have a bit and it works it can get pretty crazy around here and a lot of fun. If you get too far into the bit though not only will things turn on you but it can make you very angry very fast. It is why some of us have trouble seeing how bad people get. Kepler used to have good convos with Bob Gray and joe so he cant see how far they fell off the deep end. Once the Persecution Complex comes into play it is all over. Some go full on troll like nate and phil, some go schizo like Flaggy...and some run away like Bob Gray.
    I'm kinda wondering what happened to conservatives with a brain like Ritt and dropthatpuck, Used to like sparring with them but I wonder if they're in the cult now or if they stepped off before or during the Trump era?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      I'm kinda wondering what happened to conservatives with a brain like Ritt and dropthatpuck, Used to like sparring with them but I wonder if they're in the cult now or if they stepped off before or during the Trump era?
      Yeah as far as they went, dtp was pretty reasonable. I mean, compared to phil, nate, Major Sharpe, Ritt, etc.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

dropthatpuck...forgot about him!

On the non crazy front what happened to The Comic Book Guy...or well half the UNH posters that used to be around all the time?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Wasn’t there a Michigan poster named caustic undertow? He was hockey focused not cafe I think

Comment

I miss PCM's insights here. (He's fine. I offer him my stubs when I can't make a game.)

Krog for Hobey.
            (Blake got robbed.)
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              dropthatpuck...forgot about him!

On the non crazy front what happened to The Comic Book Guy...or well half the UNH posters that used to be around all the time?
              He married a BU chick and hasn't been seen or heard from since!

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

CBG married bostonewe.

I miss legal and the guy from UNH who had the cool stories. Mark something.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  CBG married bostonewe.

Another USCHO inspired marriages aside from those two and Quiz and her husband with multiple user names?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Another USCHO inspired marriages aside from those two and Quiz and her husband with multiple user names?
                    I don't believe so.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I don't believe so.
                      Quizmire married Sloe Gin. He later came back with another name for a relatively short period of time, I don't recall what it was.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Nate-And-Phil and then I don’t recall the rest. I started the Nachos thread because those two had some 15 political threads on the fist page of the Cafe.
                        Ah yes, it was something like Nate And Phil Against Liberal Morons (or Moonbats?)
                        I changed it to NAPARM: Nate And Phil Are Republican Morons

CBG married bostonewe.

Mark Mowers?

--

I was disappointed when I met MEg last season she wasn't wearing a pancake on her head

Comment

Markt had the stories.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Markt had the stories.
                            No, there was an epic story teller ...
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              No, there was an epic story teller ...
                              He was full of them. Here's a quickie from one of his last handful of posts: https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...=1#post5148615

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Wasn’t there a Michigan poster named caustic undertow? He was hockey focused not cafe I think
                                Yes. I know him from Yost, too. Great guy. He’s a preacher in Minnesota, IIRC.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X