• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Board sucks now in comparison.
    Hey!

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      My join date is a bit before this handle. I briefly had a different one before i ever really posted much. So i must have been a 99 or 2000.
      Same here. I rarely posted and then I think it was after a Maine-UNH game that Maine destroyed UNH, maybe at a NCAA regional (I don’t remember my join date and on mobile it doesn’t seem to show it), I created this account to drunk-post because I couldn’t remember my other username at the time.

Comment

• Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

I'm trying to remember how i met Handyman. He was my Gopher ticket connection for 2 seasons I think. Which is also how i met Santa Lucia.

It also led to me being part of HG-YBI (i want my subway) and the phenomenon that was Waibel Factor.

Also, a shout out to Pride On Ice! I still have my jersey.
        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 11-26-2019, 06:00 AM.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          There were a LOT of things that went on early on, before some of you even got here. Before this format, this place used to be the Wild West, especially when it was Michigan-MSU week, or any two of UNH-BC-Maine or Wisconsin-UND-Minnesota.

95% of the political bull**** wasn't here. There was one board, and it wasn't sorted at all. Score threads, women's hockey, D1, D3, all of it smushed together. Anything that went past a couple of days usually needed a new thread.
          I remember the one big board - new threads every week for whatever game people were interested in. No "continuing" threads and very little non-hockey talk. You could put whatever name you wanted on each post, and your email address was displayed for all to see. I think I joined maybe in 1998? I read the site for scores before I joined the forum. It was after college, but before they split the forums up. and yes, I actually used to post about hockey.

and before there was USCHO... there was Hockey-L.
          Last edited by jen; 11-26-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            I remember the one big board - new threads every week for whatever game people were interested in. No "continuing" threads and very little non-hockey talk. I think I joined maybe in 1998? It was after college, but before they split the forums up. and yes, I actually used to post about hockey.

and before there was USCHO... there was Hockey-L.
            There still is Hockey-L although there is very little posting. The guy who rain it at Maine passed away a while ago.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              There still is Hockey-L although there is very little posting. The guy who rain it at Maine passed away a while ago.
              I'm still on it too (although I'm not sure why). Sara Fagan is about the only one who posts regularly.
              Last edited by jen; 11-26-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Chuck Murray...the man who loved the Expos right?
                Loves.

He ain’t dead fer cryin’ out loud . Still here suffering in the uhn thread
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Wasn’t The Ferg the one with the story problems that made absolutely zero sense?
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The old board was great. There were open threats of beat downs and violent physical confrontations at upcoming hockey games. The rec messages were hilarious. The political threads make today's arguments look like tea time at the garden club. Posters would use spy software to out other people (Hank) and vows to call a poster's employer were commonplace (happened to BUFF as I recall).

Now you're all candy a sses.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      The old board was great. There were open threats of beat downs and violent physical confrontations at upcoming hockey games. The rec messages were hilarious. The political threads make today's arguments look like tea time at the garden club. Posters would use spy software to out other people (Hank) and vows to call a poster's employer were commonplace (happened to BUFF as I recall).

The board can go back to that, as long as members are willing to make up the lost advertising revenue.

USCHO Extra for $250/quarter and a fee of $3.99/post should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

I remember commenting on HankWP's outing of nate, commenting that I would have no idea how to do that. He sent me an email with a step-by-step instructions. Pretty funny!

And I had no idea so many people had died. erin wasn't very old at all, A good 5+ years younger than me, IIRC.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Wasn’t The Ferg the one with the story problems that made absolutely zero sense?
                          Yes.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            I remember commenting on HankWP's outing of nate, commenting that I would have no idea how to do that. He sent me an email with a step-by-step instructions. Pretty funny!

And I had no idea so many people had died. erin wasn't very old at all, A good 5+ years younger than me, IIRC.
                            I can't quite place erin, was she a BU poster? I know gcost and Old Pio are in the great beyond as well. Not sure about anybody else.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I can't quite place erin, was she a BU poster? I know gcost and Old Pio are in the great beyond as well. Not sure about anybody else.
                              UNH, I believe.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

There are a few others I recall where we've received news of their passing through other posters, but I didn't have much interaction with them and therefore don't really remember their names.

erin was a UNH poster, she married a TBA. I ended up ferrying TBA to Milwaukee when he was living in Minneapolis for law school; he and erin were meeting up there for the Frozen Four, so I ended up meeting her briefly.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X