USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I used to enjoy aggravating Foxton and Priceless who were deadly serious about winning the internet. Priceless has undergone a few identity changes since and has matured enough that I don't recognize him/her by that trademark insane ranting anymore (if they are still here). Foxton is probably in prison.
    Priceless is here and very active under a different name.

Comment

• Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Would Roboshark??
      Man. That takes me back.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Foxton's doing just fine. Saw her two weekends ago when my wife (also a USCHO poster, but didn't post much) went back to NMU for the weekend.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Foxton's doing just fine. Saw her two weekends ago when my wife (also a USCHO poster, but didn't post much) went back to NMU for the weekend.
          Yes, I talk to Foxton regularly on social media. NOT in prison.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Yes, I talk to Foxton regularly on social media. NOT in prison.
            Good to hear.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Man. That takes me back.
              David Attenborough, man.
              https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Sharks-.../dp/B07PP7SFZ7

I enjoyed the nicknames most of all: UHN, Brom, Darmouth, Pricetom, Clogate, Ylae, #24 Union, St, Clooud.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

There was a fair amount of chirping between NMU and Tech in the mid 2000s to the point we had our own woofing thread.

We don't chirp that much any more.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  There still is Hockey-L although there is very little posting. The guy who rain it at Maine passed away a while ago.
                  I'm on Hockey L also, it picks up at playoff time. Wayne was an Orono boy, heck of a nice man. Enjoyed our conversations before every game as he did the rounds in Alfond. We stayed in the same hotel in Boston for 04 Frozen Four, had a blast riding back to hotel after Thursday game, not so much after Saturdays game.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by board View Post
                    Hey!
                    Sorry but it does. The place was hopping. Its a shadow of its former self
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Princess is still here.

Yes, Puck Swami was who I was thinking of. Would have loved to have met him in person to hear some stories first hand. I really respected his passion and knowledge for the college game.

Was nice to see a post from Jon.

Drunk Hockey Guy stories, anyone?

DTP use to claim Anchorage had better weather than MN, because one city's average Temp is fair to compare to a whole state.

Comment

Hokydad
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Here’s my question, as forums die, how do people of common interests meet anymore? Local clubs feel like even more of ancient history.

Do they just bleat on twitter and hope for followers? I feel old. And out of touch.

I’d say a surprisingly large chunk of my friends in real life actually came from Gopher Puck Live before I got the boot.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Here’s my question, as forums die, how do people of common interests meet anymore? Local clubs feel like even more of ancient history.

Do they just bleat on twitter and hope for followers? I feel old. And out of touch.

I’d say a surprisingly large chunk of my friends in real life actually came from Gopher Puck Live before I got the boot.
                            I know for my LGBT friends, I visited the local pride center and was plugged in. Found a trans support group, PFLAG, my church, and I even found a Secular Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

For me, some local hobby message boards (fishing and short track auto racing for the Chicago area) have morphed into Facebook groups. The websites just weren't worth the cost of upkeep. That's a common way to get in touch with other's with similar interests. You can use any social media to network through common interests really.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Yeah I suppose. I guess I hadn’t really thought of Facebook as a tool to find people like those I’ve met through USCHO and GPL.

Crazy enough, two of them are going to be in my wedding.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X