Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Man. I’ve really missed out not meeting everyone in person
    I’ve met a few over the years as people have traveled up to Alaska for various series but never have had a chance to travel down to the Lower 48 for stuff.

The worst was by far ending up at a bad strip club called PJ’s with Donald and a few others.

Thankfully PJ’s was closed and torn down.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Man. I’ve really missed out not meeting everyone in person
      Besides for the 2009 FF in DC and many RPI fans and a few others at RPI games, I don't recall meeting anyone. They are lucky.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I never knew that Foxton was trans, etc. Now I feel sad about adding to her stress before that time... lesson number 1 zillion about being nice to people.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Coming out of my retirement for this...

I was alerted to this thread by someone off the board, so I'd figure I'd give y'all an update, then retreat back into hiding for multiple years.

I'm still a pilot, albeit for a Legacy carrier now. If you know me, you know who I'm with.

Quiz (T) and I are still very happily married, still living in Denver, although that will most likely change in the next couple years. More than likely, we'll be looking to head further west.

I've done two Ironmans, although at this point I'm retired from that distance of racing due to some health issues. Quiz did her third Ironman this year, and she's doing better at them every time.

I keep in touch with a few posters. Nmupiccdiva especially. She's doing very well in Portland. I also am in pretty much constant contact with GLM, who writes for the Athletic now and is doing extremely good work over there. Go pay for a subscription you cheap *ks!

Still a huge Sioux fan.

I'm probably a million times more confident than I used to be, thanks to finally feeling like I'm succeeding in life and in my career.

That's about it. Peace out. Back to hiding.
          Last edited by Sloe Gin; 11-28-2019, 09:49 AM.
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            Coming out of my retirement for this...

I was alerted to this thread by someone off the board, so I'd figure I'd give y'all an update, then retreat back into hiding for multiple years.

I'm still a pilot, albeit for a Legacy carrier now. If you know me, you know who I'm with.

Quiz (T) and I are still very happily married, still living in Denver, although that will most likely change in the next couple years. More than likely, we'll be looking to head further west.

I've done two Ironmans, although at this point I'm retired from that distance of racing due to some health issues. Quiz did her third Ironman this year, and she's doing better at them every time.

I keep in touch with a few posters. Nmupiccdiva especially. She's doing very well in Portland. I also am in pretty much constant contact with GLM, who writes for the Athletic now and is doing extremely good work over there. Go pay for a subscription you cheap *ks!

Still a huge Sioux fan.

I'm probably a million times more confident than I used to be, thanks to finally feeling like I'm succeeding in life and in my career.

That's about it. Peace out. Back to hiding.
            He gets alerted, he tells me ... then I come crawling back to this hole of the internet as well.

Same. Still in CO. Not working in hockey anymore. TBH working in the sport just about killed my love for it. Possibly being a female writer did too. I still follow along loosely (BU men, BU women, AFA men), but I'm definitely not as big into sports anymore.

(crazily enough, my new sports love is the Rockies. never thought I'd become a baseball fan ... their twitter helps a lot.)

As mentioned above, more into endurance sports. 3xIM, and have more planned on the way. 5x70.3 and always more there.

I'm on FB still, but rarely post. Pretty much still keep it to a.) keep in touch with ancient friends; b.) fulfill social media requirements as a brand ambassador; and c.) because I've been on it since almost the beginning and that's a weird point of pride. Even though I mostly hate it. More active on IG. If you know me well, you know how to find me. If you don't, I'm not telling.

Other of note:
            - in some respects, I do believe that the BTHC did kind of kill college hockey.
            - we still use terms like ylae and proviced in conversation.
            - I'm pretty sure I still have my bound copy of ... Chuck Murray's? ... Da Godfaddah (sp?) that I was gifted somewhere in the house.
            - related: I still vaguely wonder where the USCHO-painted mini keg disappeared to ...
            - I honestly don't ever remember if we got Rstarr's money or not.
            - as I'm sure most of you know, I don't talk to many of you anymore. Don't take it personally; I don't talk to many people from my past in general anymore. Life changes. People change. Interests change. I'm also REALLY bad at contacting people and reaching out ... and we're all so busy that they don't reach out either ... and then you realize that except for a FB birthday notification or a text here and there, you haven't talked to what once was an amazing friend in five years. And at that point, you're not sure how to restart the conversation. Or at least it's like that for me.
            - However, I still cherish many of the contacts I've made, particularly from the media side of things. I did IM Wisconsin this year, and Todd Milewski found me at mile ... 11ish? of the run course? wherever the Kohl Center was on course ... to say hi. That was past and present colliding in a completely awesome way.

This board was a huge part of my life ... sometimes to the point of being detrimental. I don't regret my time on it ... nor do I regret leaving it (except clearly for a random pop in every five or so years). I also think I remember about 90-95% of the stuff mentioned on this thread, so thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Back to hiding. And remember kids, be careful about talking about others on the internet, as it might just get back to the person mentioned. :-p

(and to the vaguely oblique reference of me kind of being the reason for no more image posts ... I don't remember the exact details of what went down, but I do remember that someone OFF THIS BOARD put me up on the hotornot website WITHOUT my permission. hi, thanks, unacceptable. unacceptable back in the early 2000s, probably even more unacceptable now. so if I was the cause, that's why.)

(and yes I married sloe gin. yes we're happy. yes people on the board aren't always the same in real life. no I don't regret not accepting any of the other (hopefully all joking ... I am/can be pretty dense on occasion particularly when it comes to the opposite sex ...) offers.)

EDITING TO SAY that the best prank I have ever or will ever pull was thanks to this board. It was fun running about a two-year long prank culminating at the 2011 Frozen Four. Never ever going to be able to top that. Still one of my favorite stories. (if you know, you know.)
            Last edited by Quizmire; 11-28-2019, 03:40 PM.
            my good opinion once lost is lost forever.
            your pain makes you beautiful particle
            and i don't believe this/my life's in a paper bag/and i might be no one
            you know, i'm just one of those people who doesn't need to score to be happy.

Boston University Women's Club Ice Hockey: 1973-2005

Originally posted by dggoddard: USCHO banned stupid comments in 2003. Obvious comments weren't banned until 2005.

Comment

I will say, both Sloe and Quiz are/were crushing the IMs like bosses. I follow when I can (there are sites with up to date times and such)
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Was that the magazine bit?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'm still a pilot, albeit for a Legacy carrier now.
                  Had to lookup what that means. I guess that is good.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Very nice, my boys goal
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Had to lookup what that means. I guess that is good.
                      The ones that get the most complaints

Sully to Sloeie
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• One thing for me:

I joined this board as someone who removed their shirt at hockey games, but had no identity outside of that. Currently the board's resident hormonal trans female who attends DU, pursuing her MSW, and spends her downtime listening to Lady Gaga and P!nk and holding her 14 pound orange tabby.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                        X