USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

USCHO definitely played a large role in how the Information Age has evolved over the past 20 years. On a daily basis I'm talking to people from all over the Midwest and Northeast. Add that to general college life and it was a nice way to get exposure outside of my outpost in Marquette/Chicago

I was late to the party showing up around 2005, but for the most part, most of the core group here were all in our 20s when we started, so there was a lot of common ground among us. Lots of adventures tied to this place both directly and indirectly...
    Last edited by RaceBoarder; 11-24-2019, 10:16 AM.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      USCHO definitely played a large role in how the Information Age has evolved over the past 20 years. On a daily basis I'm talking to people from all over the Midwest and Northeast. Add that to general college life and it was a nice way to get exposure outside of my outpost in Marquette/Chicago

I was late to the party showing up around 2005, but for the most part, most of the core group here were all in our 20s when we started, so there was a lot of common ground among us. Lots of adventures tied directly to this place both directly and indirectly...
      Indeed. I cannot recall how many posters I hosted for Final Fives over the years, and I crashed at friends' places for many years when going to other cities.

By the way, has anyone seen schroeder's Bills' helmet? (Let's see who remembers THAT whole episode)
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

But does anyone have a good banana bread recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          But does anyone have a good banana bread recipe?
          That was a classic!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

"I Bought Some Nachos!"

also...

"wee in the shower?"
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              I can confirm. She’s gone. 2-3 years ago or so.
              Was it one who had some letters before "Jen" in her handle?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Was it one who had some letters before "Jen" in her handle?
                If it's who I'm thinking of... TA Jen, yes.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  If it's who I'm thinking of... TA Jen, yes.
                  That was whom I was thinking of.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That is her.

Comment

Yes. She had some serious issues at the end. Likely more than anyone here was aware of.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Yes. She had some serious issues at the end. Likely more than anyone here was aware of.
                        Makes me sad. I met you, her, Maize and his gf now wife at the 2006 CCHA final.

Comment

There was a solid crew of us that had tickets at Yost back in the day. We'd usually get together in between intermissions. There was Alton, Annette, Lord Sidious, Jen, KC(something or other), streaker, me, alfablue, trumpet, and probably a couple others that I'm missing. We all got to know each other pretty well. We'd usually go get something to eat after the games, sometimes at the U-M color commentator's bar. I remember one night Jen almost touched off a race riot in his bar. I'm still not sure how we didn't have a problem than night.

The last any of us really knew, Jen was living with her husband in a tent city...and then they got kicked out of that. Yes, you read that correctly, and it was probably exactly as any of us would imagine. I didn't hear anything else after that, until one evening at work someone PM'd me on Facebook asking if I remembered her. I said "yeah", and I had a feeling about what was coming next. Sure enough, it was the obituary. There was no doubt that it was her.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Eventually we all kind of grew apart. I gave up my tickets at Yost about a decade ago. I still see Alton, Annette, KC and his wife every year at Memorial Day and 4th of July, plus a couple other random times during the year. . I haven't talked to streaker or alfablue in person in a year or two. I did see Lord Sidious a couple years ago. As far as I know, we're all still on good terms. I'd have a beer or three with any of them again in a heartbeat.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I met alfa once at the expo for the Detroit Marathon in 2010. He was leaving as I was coming in. He was running heavily at the time, so was I, so it was a good conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Please not all Jens. Although I wouldn't be surprised if one is not on this earth anymore. I don't say that to be cruel, I say that as matter of fact. She had a few issues.....
                                I never met TA but she seemed like a nice person on here. Too bad
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X