• Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ Princeton 11-15-19 as we invade New Jersey

after 3 periods

RPI 2
    PU 2
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

OT.
      The Engineers started out bad and got worse with each period.
      Not pretty at all.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

First OT game of the season. Let’s go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          I just lost some as I took Savory.
          Me too
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

PU timeout
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

PU penalty

LGR!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

final

RPI 2
                PU 2
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A tie that should have been a win. Pay attention at all moments of the game, even faceoffs.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    A tie that should have been a win. Pay attention at all moments of the game, even faceoffs.
                    It went downhill when you showed up.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not a great effort but at least we got a point.
                      On to Q-School tomorrow night...

Comment

From an eyewitness-perhaps we did not deserve to be leading 2-0 into the third period but we were. The third period we were outnumbered on the ice for most of the period. We had to play short handed 3 times (while Princeton took zero penalties) and we seemed to be playing against all 5 Princeton skaters and both referees. Not at all saying we did not deserve penalties but oddly we got the only 3 of the third period. Just an opinion.
                        There are bad ties and good ties and this ended up as perhaps a good tie. On the road, against a fairly physical team, early in the season. Tomorrow at QU - let's go red!
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          It went downhill when you showed up.

Funny, I can make the argument that it went downhill when you decided to channel Flaggy.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            Funny, I can make the argument that it went downhill when you decided to channel Flaggy.
                            What channel is Flaggy on? The Sci Fi Channel?
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I was at the game last night so I couldn't join the thread while it was in progress, but I can offer some belated observations.

I was seated right behind the RPI penalty bench. There was an offside call with about 20 seconds left in Kjellberg's first penalty, and one of the RPI players skated over to the box and gave him the coach's instructions on what to do when he got out. I guess the instructions were that if the puck was in RPI's end, he should come join the play as a forward. Looked like he knew what a forward was supposed to do when he got the two-on-one after he got out of the box.

Beautiful pass by Burgess to set up Linden for the second goal. But RPI almost gave that one back before the end of the period. Princeton got the puck in deep and passed across the front of the net for what could have been an easy tap-in. Whoever had his finger on the button to turn on the goal light was so sure it was going to be a goal that the light actually flashed briefly as the shot left the player's stick - only to be quickly turned back off again when the shot went wide.

The Baker Rink PA man took a very long time to announce the scoring on Princeton's first goal. It was finally awarded to Topatigh, who took the slap shot from the point. It sounded as though it hit another stick on the way in, so they may have had to check with the Princeton bench and see if anyone claimed credit for the deflection. Evidently no one did. It may have gone off an RPI defender's stick - unlucky, but that's the kind of thing that can happen when a team takes four penalties in a row.

I do agree with Dr. D that it was odd RPI was assessed for all three penalties in the third period - particularly the roughing penalty to Johnson with 4 1/2 minutes to play. Two guys were banging away at each other in front of the net with less than five minutes left in a 2-2 tie, and a penalty only gets called on one of them? Fortunately, that one didn't lead to any more scoring.

I didn't even want to look and see who had been responsible for the giveaway that led to the tying goal. That was awful.

I agree with those who said that Princeton outplayed RPI for most of the game. RPI did pick up their game in the overtime and came darned close to winning it. Too bad there weren't a few more seconds left on the clock.

Comment

Working...
                              X