Espn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espn

I find it disappointing that so many college programs have sold out their broadcast rights to ESPN. Has anybody figured out the best way to access video of games on ESPN? I have never figured out how to watch games of teams that have sold out to ESPN. Maybe because I am in Canada. I need some help and advice here.

Re: Espn

Originally posted by hab View Post
    I find it disappointing that so many college programs have sold out their broadcast rights to ESPN. Has anybody figured out the best way to access video of games on ESPN? I have never figured out how to watch games of teams that have sold out to ESPN. Maybe because I am in Canada. I need some help and advice here.
    For example, how do I watch the RPI at Brown women's game tonight? I have explored the ESPN site numerous times and it doesn't seem that they want to promote these games.

Comment

For example, how do I watch the RPI at Brown women's game tonight? I have explored the ESPN site numerous times and it doesn't seem that they want to promote these games.
      That particular game is part of "ESPN Plus", a monthly fee service. I went to ESPN Plus, searched for "Brown", looked under "live and upcoming" (had to click on "show more").

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id...d-79a77efc028b

Comment

they do make it difficult :;

Comment

My main point is that there seemed to be a very progressive development of video coverage of these games and then
          ESPN came along and suddenly it became really complicated and expensive to access games.

Comment

My main point is that there seemed to be a very progressive development of video coverage of these games and then
            ESPN came along and suddenly it became really complicated and expensive to access games.
            It does seem that the "Ivies" in particular have bought in to this retrogade development.

Comment

I can't speak for the cost in Canada, but last year I had ESPN+ and the coverage was pretty good and I was able watch a lot of games for a $5 a month fee. That's better than most of the plans to watch a single team. I do realize that not all streams that I can see are available in Canada. Good luck!
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I don’t know about Canada but the ESPN plus broadcasts are great for women’s college hockey. For $5 a month it’s a steal.

Comment

I have always found easiest way to get to games online is to go to a schools schedule and then click watch from there. Some schools do have a separate feed for Canada though, so I understand your troubles. I would reach out to an SID at the school you want to watch. I’m sure they would be happy to help a fan. Good luck Hab.

Comment

I always check to see what’s available on onhockey.tv before paying to watch a game.

Comment

It does seem that the "Ivies" in particular have bought in to this retrogade development.
                      If you go to the ECAC website, there are typically 2 video links in the header where they list the games. It is my understanding that the Stretch internet link is for viewing the games in CA.

Comment

Working...
                      X