X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    I'm looking forward to the new talking point of "'like' isn't 'want'!".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

When you've lost Ken Starr...

Starr also said that Sondland’s testimony brought the Ukraine pressure campaign “closer to the President” and that “it doesn’t look good for the President substantively.”

Starr then mentioned that House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA) discussed the impeachment of former President Richard Nixon.

“We already have one article of impeachment and the third article of impeachment in the Richard Nixon situation is very clear, it’s very succinct, it’s very well done,” Starr said.

Starr added that “there will be articles of impeachment” and that Sondland’s testimony “has been one of those bombshell days.”

“I think we’ve known that. It was just confirmed today and then, substantively, what we heard from [Schiff] just now is: It’s over. We now know — this is his position — we now know that the President in fact committed the crime of bribery,” Starr said. “Something of value. That’s litigable, but I think articles of impeachment are being drawn up if they haven’t already been drawn up. So it depends, will it be bipartisan and so forth. So this obviously has been one of those bombshell days.”
      For Republicans now, unless you are directly at risk of losing your job if you go against Dump (his family and sycophants, GOP Members, Echo Chamber hosts) you know it's over on the merits.

Today was the Alexander Butterfield day for this impeachment. It still won't result in removal because the Republican voters now are far dumber, more ignorant, and more vicious than 1973, but today was the day Dump lost even the last possibility of escaping the historical verdict of guilt.

From now on for Republicans it's just about whether you don't mind being remembered as a traitor as long you get to keep licking the lollipop. My read on Republican Senators is none of them will mind. It's Dump's party and McConnell's conscience, now.
      Last edited by Kepler; 11-20-2019, 01:55 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Last edited by ticapnews; 11-20-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

This is real? My god, I thought it was fake

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

For Republicans now, unless you are directly at risk of losing your job if you go against Dump (his family and sycophants, GOP Members, Echo Chamber hosts) you know it's over on the merits.

Today was the Alexander Butterfield day for this impeachment. It still won't result in removal because the Republican voters now are far dumber, more ignorant, and more vicious than 1973, but today was the day Dump lost even the last possibility of escaping the historical verdict of guilt.

From now on for Republicans it's just about whether you don't mind being remembered as a traitor as long you get to keep licking the lollipop. My read on Republican Senators is none of them will mind. It's Dump's party and McConnell's conscience, now.

I doubt any of them are watching though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              This is real? My god, I thought it was fake

Yeah I saw it elsewhere and first assumed it was a 'shop. Rule 1 for this administration, it's always real.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Oh and the Republican Counsel is a moron. He tried to get Sondland to say "Trump didnt order this" only to have Sondland say "it wasnt an order but it was made clear if I wanted to work on this I had to talk to Rudy". They are trying to throw Rudy under the bus and failing...

Oh and now the Counsel is trying to make it sound like Sondland purposefully left stuff out of his statement that makes the President look better.
                Come on, the russian Counsel are awesome- they are so good that after hours and hours and hours of Clinton testimony, they got her sent to jail. Oh, wait, that didn't happen.

They are morons. And it's scary to think how many people think the russians are right, in spite of the total failure of ANYONE going to jail over their allegations.

Whereas actual people surrounding this president are wearing jump suits as we speak. Others are heading that way, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  I doubt any of them are watching though.
                  Apparently many of the Republicans had left the chamber before Sondland even finished his testimony. They literally "aint tryin to hear that."
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My initial thought here was that, surely, Starr turned on Trump months, if not years ago. Then I saw his quotes in the WP from just three weeks ago:
                    Originally posted by Washington Post
                    Starr wasn’t finished. During this week’s interview, he also absolved Trump of guilt, both for obstruction of justice in the Mueller inquiry and for wrongdoing in the Ukraine quid pro quo, saying Trump’s “intent” was pure. Starr protested that Trump “is being held to a remarkable standard” in which we are “over-criminalizing the conduct of the business of government.”

Seriously? From the man who pushed to impeach a president for lying about oral sex in a civil deposition? Back then, Starr rejected the argument that Clinton’s “intent” in lying was to avoid embarrassment, not to perjure himself.

Starr, still going, suggested this week that impeachment is a plot by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to seize the presidency. A “conflict of interest is that the speaker of the House is guiding this process when she is third in succession,” he argued. “She will do well if she can have the elimination of Donald Trump from office and then Vice President Pence somehow.”
                    That's a very sharp turn.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Apparently many of the Republicans had left the chamber before Sondland even finished his testimony. They literally "aint tryin to hear that."
                      I guess they view hearings like sex; they don't enjoy it unless they force their way in.

KDR

Comment

Haha Maloney going after sonderland, joked about how it’s nice to get the truth the third time around

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Yeah I saw it elsewhere and first assumed it was a 'shop. Rule 1 for this administration, it's always real.
                          I assumed it was a shop because some of the words were spelled correctly. That being real is just amazing
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            I guess they view hearings like sex; they don't enjoy it unless they force their way in.
                            Zing! That’s a good one

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              A bunch of them were attending the Joni Ernst press conference where she was announcing her version of the VAWA, which is substantially different from the version that passed the House. (Spoiler alert: Miss Thundercat is going to LOVE it!)

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X