X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Highly unlikely Scoobs. A Dem would get removed from office for Ukraine however. The Mueller report was too vague and he didn't seem to go the mat to draw conclusions in order to maintain his precious reputation as a non partisan figure.
    LOL

The Democrat wouldn't have survived firing Comey.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So Susan Collins has too much work to do today to follow today’s hearings
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        LOL

The Democrat wouldn't have survived firing Comey.
        This. That was all you needed for impeachment.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          So Susan Collins has too much work to do today to follow today’s hearings
          Waving at people in the Bangor Intl Airport is hard work!
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            This. That was all you needed for impeachment.
            So again, you have one shot realistically at impeachment. Ukraine is by far the strongest case. You can 1) jerk off over perceived missed chances to impeach Trump (called "pulling" a Scooby), or you can 2) Credit Dem Congress for finally holding the con artist to account and completely dominating the messaging.

The choice is yours, but I'm not sure sowing internal divisions with the first approach is the best way to go at this critical time when public hearings are actually starting now.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Highly unlikely Scoobs. A Dem would get removed from office for Ukraine however. The Mueller report was too vague and he didn't seem to go the mat to draw conclusions in order to maintain his precious reputation as a non partisan figure.
              The Mueller report should have been enough, and had a Democrat been President and the investigation pushed by the GOP I think it's safe to say they would not have allowed Mueller to half-ass the effort.

Meanwhile...

It’s Clearly Impeachable’: Fox’s Napolitano Dismisses Latest GOP Defense of Trump

Fox News’ Judge Andrew Napolitano today dismissed the Republican argument that a clear quid pro quo with Ukraine still wouldn’t rise to the level of impeachment.

Neil Cavuto asked him if Adam Schiff is “doing things correctly” in the impeachment inquiry.

“He’s doing the same thing that the Republicans due to the Democrats in ’97 and ’98 and in the investigation… of Bill Clinton, and more or less the same thing that the Democrats did in the investigation of Richard Nixon back in 1974,” Napolitano responded.

He said the Democrats this week need to have people come away from the testimony agreeing there’s a there there and “if they don’t, it’s going to be difficult for them to deal with the consequences of an impeachment that does not result in a conviction.”
              Cavuto raised the argument some Republicans are making that even if there was a clear quid pro quo with Ukraine, it’s not impeachable.

“It is clearly impeachable,” Napolitano responded. “Because the president requested something that’s criminal to ask for. ‘Can you help my campaign?’… Of course he didn’t say it that way. But he basically said I need a favor.”

Comment

(called "pulling" a Scooby)
                Scooby is arguing in good faith. Why be denigrating? Why be a jerk? I say this as a fellow jerk: what do you get out of it? It's hard enough to have a debate on the merits of an issue without talking points or deflections or just garden variety idiocy mucking it up. Why deliberately throw these barbs in and deteriorate the conversation? It adds nothing. Do you think you're funny? You're not.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Schiff is giving his opening statement now.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I just can't do it. I'll read about it in the NYT tomorrow.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Scooby is arguing in good faith. Why be denigrating? Why be a jerk? I say this as a fellow jerk: what do you get out of it? It's hard enough to have a debate on the merits of an issue without talking points or deflections or just garden variety idiocy mucking it up. Why deliberately throw these barbs in and deteriorate the conversation? It adds nothing. Do you think you're funny? You're not.

Because Scooby's constant "Dems are losing" campaign plays right into the GOP's hands. Trump IS being impeached. That's something most of us were uncertain would ever happen even though it needed to. Now instead of applauding the Dems for bringing accountability to this runaway administration, Scoobs and the defeatist caucus wants to whine because he wasn't impeached 6 months ago? Not only does that make zero sense, it also undercuts the effort at a critical time. Screw him and anybody like him. As there's no reasoning with the man, mocking him is what he deserves. He's brought it upon himself. For all of your correct talk about hanging together or we'll hang separately, you sure are quick to embrace anybody within the family who goes out of their way to stoke intra-party divisions.
                      Last edited by Rover; 11-13-2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Jim Jordan accused Schiff of knowing who the whistleblower is. Schiff, in the affirmative, said he does not know who the whistleblower is.

Anyone have any updates on the Republicans (Barr's) investigation into the origins of the Russia investigation? Is this Benghazi two? And now, the same theme is progressing on the whistleblower. Whose testimony at this point should be irrelevant cause it all has been corroborated by other witnesses.

And, yes, Rover. I am clearly the problem. Always have been, and I always will be. I should be eliminated.
                        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 11-13-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

For all of your correct talk about hanging together or we'll hang separately, you sure are quick to embrace anybody within the family who goes out of their way to stoke intra-party divisions.
                          First, I don't see mockery as the way out. You're smart, you can find the point of disagreement and laser focus on it. When we make things personal we make people (rightfully) defensive and angry and that hurts the ball club.

I do not agree with Scooby's sky is falling viewpoint and never have. He seems to see it as keeping up a high state of alert so we don't become complacent. I see it as risking defeatism, which as you said plays right into the bully's hands.

There is a difference between saying "that's a dumb idea" and "you're dumb." God knows I violate the distinction all the time when I'm angry, as you've gotten my goat enough times to know. But, you know, the world's at stake. We are fighting actual Nazis. We have to win. So let's try to treat each other with more respect even when we disagree. We can all stab each other in the face after Inauguration Day.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 11-13-2019, 09:43 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Here's another lie that Republicans have been pulling for weeks now to feed their narrative. They've been bragging about how Trump has given the military aid to Ukraine that Obama didn't. Which is a complete fabricated lie without context.

Comment

First, I don't see mockery as the way out. You're smart, you can find the point of disagreement and laser focus on it. When we make things personal we make people (rightfully) defensive and angry and that hurts the ball club.

I do not agree with Scooby's sky is falling viewpoint and never have. He seems to see it as keeping up a high state of alert so we don't become complacent. I see it as risking defeatism, which as you said plays right into the bully's hands.

There is a difference between saying "that's a dumb idea" and "you're dumb." God knows I violate the distinction all the time when I'm angry, as you've gotten my goat enough times to know. But, you know, the world's at stake. We are fighting actual Nazis. We have to win. So let's try to treat each other with more respect even when we disagree. We can all stab each other in the face after Inauguration Day.
                              Sure Kep I agree. I'll try to do a better job of pointing out dangerous statements without calling fellow Dems stupid. However, Scoobyism must be opposed (non stop defeatism) whenever it crops up. Defeatism + absolutism is the toxic combination that may hold us back from sending the Nazi's to a much deserved a ss kicking next year.

Comment

Sure Kep I agree. I'll try to do a better job of pointing out dangerous statements without calling fellow Dems stupid. However, Scoobyism must be opposed (non stop defeatism) whenever it crops up. Defeatism + absolutism is the toxic combination that may hold us back from sending the Nazi's to a much deserved a ss kicking next year.
                                It's not defeatism to point out the double standard that has existed since 1980. Nor is it defeatism to point out that the Supreme Court is lost for the next 50 years. Nor is it defeatism to point out that trickle down economic theory is still the prevailing economic engine of the United States of America.

Again. Comey firing would have ended a Democratic Presidency. Orange Clown show has survived at least 100 Comey firings since he was elected and he still has more loyalty and more protection from his party than any Democratic President has ever had while in office.

Comment

Working...
                                X