X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    I was speaking with a couple of my union members yesterday, and the vitriolic hate for democrats was off the charts, largely because of one thing: guns. These two guys are so blinded by their belief in the myth that democrats are going to eliminate their right to own a firearm they are blinded to everything republicans are actually doing. One said there has never been in his lifetime a bigger push by democrats to make owning a gun illegal. Then he got on impeachment. The democrats aren't doing anything because all they have thought about for 2 or 3 years is impeaching trump. By the time he got to liberals who won't let him spank his children and what a c&nt Pelosi is, I gave up him. Of course all these republicans he votes for have made his life oh so much better. Like by gutting workers compensation laws and making his state right to work, which has eviscerated some union's ability to effectively negotiate decent contracts or have enough boots on the ground to see that the contracts they do have are effectively enforced. Or by endless trade wars that have made the cost of doing business so much more expensive and negatively impacts his employer's ability to compete.

I read an interesting quote in an article by Joe Posnanski in The Athletic about Marvin Miller, the deceased head of the Major League Baseball Player's Association, and his prospects of being enshrined in the Hall Of Fame. The article noted Miller said "Fans don’t seem to understand that the largest pocketbook issue that faces them is the tax money being used for essentially free stadiums for wealthy owners. That’s hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars in cities where schools are crumbling and highways and bridges need repair. It amazes me. Fans don’t complain about the real issues. Mostly, they don’t even understand them." This is the sad truth about the way millions upon millions of voters view the issues. They understand next to nothing. Every scrap of data, reasonable evidence, and just their day-to-day situation should show people that republicans are not the friends of about 90% of America. Maybe even 95%. It is SHOCKING how stupid so many people are.
    Doesn't matter since those stadiums get forced through anyways. See: The People's Stadium, I mean, US Bank Stadium.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Doesn't matter since those stadiums get forced through anyways. See: The People's Stadium, I mean, US Bank Stadium.
      My point was, as was Miller's, is that even with overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence in front of them, most people are just not smart to understand the issues. We probably won't become Nazi Germany overnight if republicans were for some bizarre reason to do well next November but if they do, I think they will cement into place the mechanisms needed to make it happen down the road when the timing is right.

Comment

My point was, as was Miller's, is that even with overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence in front of them, most people are just not smart to understand the issues. We probably won't become Nazi Germany overnight if republicans were for some bizarre reason to do well next November but if they do, I think they will cement into place the mechanisms needed to make it happen down the road when the timing is right.
        My point is, even WHEN they are smart enough, it doesn't matter because they aren't rich and in power.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I was speaking with a couple of my union members yesterday, and the vitriolic hate for democrats was off the charts, largely because of one thing: guns. These two guys are so blinded by their belief in the myth that democrats are going to eliminate their right to own a firearm they are blinded to everything republicans are actually doing. One said there has never been in his lifetime a bigger push by democrats to make owning a gun illegal. Then he got on impeachment. The democrats aren't doing anything because all they have thought about for 2 or 3 years is impeaching trump. By the time he got to liberals who won't let him spank his children and what a c&nt Pelosi is, I gave up him. Of course all these republicans he votes for have made his life oh so much better. Like by gutting workers compensation laws and making his state right to work, which has eviscerated some union's ability to effectively negotiate decent contracts or have enough boots on the ground to see that the contracts they do have are effectively enforced. Or by endless trade wars that have made the cost of doing business so much more expensive and negatively impacts his employer's ability to compete.

I read an interesting quote in an article by Joe Posnanski in The Athletic about Marvin Miller, the deceased head of the Major League Baseball Player's Association, and his prospects of being enshrined in the Hall Of Fame. The article noted Miller said "Fans don’t seem to understand that the largest pocketbook issue that faces them is the tax money being used for essentially free stadiums for wealthy owners. That’s hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars in cities where schools are crumbling and highways and bridges need repair. It amazes me. Fans don’t complain about the real issues. Mostly, they don’t even understand them." This is the sad truth about the way millions upon millions of voters view the issues. They understand next to nothing. Every scrap of data, reasonable evidence, and just their day-to-day situation should show people that republicans are not the friends of about 90% of America. Maybe even 95%. It is SHOCKING how stupid so many people are.
          TL;DR Thanks, Eeyore.

Comment

Trumps presence continues to kill the home team. Also:

JUST IN: The "Baby Trump" balloon that President Trump's critics have used at protests around the world was slashed at a demonstration near the Alabama-LSU football game, which Trump attended Saturday.

Comment

blacks-for-trump

Comment

People are ****ing gross.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Do people actually spend money on ridiculously obnoxious clothing and accessories for political rallies?

On an unrelated note, some guy in my apartment complex is apparently running in the Democratic primary for our congressional district.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    Do people actually spend money on ridiculously obnoxious clothing and accessories for political rallies?
                    I don't spend money or wear them at rallies, but I have campaign hats, shirts, stickers and buttons I've collected over the years. Nothing that obnoxious though.

Comment

The perfect representation of Trump supporters.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

That needs a slow zoom on the face of the leftmost woman behind them.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Fox and NBC did a lot of water carrying for the President this morning. NBC's Chuck Todd has sold out.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Trumps presence continues to kill the home team.
                            Love it that all those adoring deplorables left in tears. Made my afternoon!
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Fox and NBC did a lot of water carrying for the President this morning. NBC's Chuck Todd has sold out.
                              Chuck Todd sold out years ago. He had like 1 show 2 months ago where he pretended to be legit but nothing else. His Corporate Masters love him bit no one else does.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X