This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    So remember, Drew, you are who you are and that can never change. Don't ever try to grow, learn, or appreciate new things in life because the whole of it will be decided by what you've already done. Is that clear?
    Or the alternative is to listen when people tell you that one item voting is a bad idea, just like it always has been.

And don’t ignore information that is in your face that something is wrong. Ignoring it to get your guns, tax breaks, and/or deregulation does not change that.

None of this is new. Some of you choose to overlook it. Thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The above does not constitute effective GOTV.
      It worked like a charm for HRC's campaign in 2016.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

Holy Crud. The GOP dude questioning the Ambassador just declared he was "shocked that this person [some dude that wrote an op ed about a policy tRrump, as a candidate, was espousing] would be using social media to air negative comments about a candidate." Here by myself but wish someone was here to laugh with. He said it in a completely serious tone. Every fiber of my body was wishing she would have made a comment about how shocking indeed.... How do these people say this stuff without bursting into fits of giggles. That is so absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Or the alternative is to listen when people tell you that one item voting is a bad idea, just like it always has been.

And don’t ignore information that is in your face that something is wrong. Ignoring it to get your guns, tax breaks, and/or deregulation does not change that.

None of this is new. Some of you choose to overlook it. Thank you very much.
          By Drew's own admission of no longer being a Republican, it's clearly had more of an effect than you're giving credit. Or would you now like a tower built of entirely soapboxes?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            Both conservatives, I presume?
            Nope. A Dumpy vs one of the few liberals in the office. The Dumpy got very defensive and belligerent but this time the liberal didn't back down. It was tense for a minute but nobody threw a punch and nobody said anything fireable, thankfully.

This place is 90% rock-headed Dumpy. I think the hateflake was just mentally unprepared to hear his Fox shtick contradicted once. Cognitive dissonance: must kill heretic for good of tribe.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Holy Crud. The GOP dude questioning the Ambassador just declared he was "shocked that this person [some dude that wrote an op ed about a policy tRrump, as a candidate, was espousing] would be using social media to air negative comments about a candidate." Here by myself but wish someone was here to laugh with. He said it in a completely serious tone. Every fiber of my body was wishing she would have made a comment about how shocking indeed.... How do these people say this stuff without bursting into fits of giggles. That is so absurd.
              Wait, was it the Ambassador who wrote the op-ed or another person altogether?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Was reading the CNN updates and came across this:

"Aides from the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee have been amplifying a moment from Marie Yovanovitch's hearing when Chairman Adam Schiff cut off GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik’s attempt to get in a line of questioning during the ranking member Rep. Devin Nunes’ time.

Stefanik's question was a clear violation of the rules that nonetheless created a moment Republicans are promoting.

Top House Republicans had expressed a desire to see Stefanik, considered a rising GOP star, take the opportunity provided by her presence at these public hearings to step further into the spotlight. Her performance is already starting to generate praise in conservative media as well."

Whenever the Beltway Media anoints some Republican a "rising star" they are fuking doomed! Its akin to having Scooby rooting for you. Look for Stefanik to be booted out on her azz by voters next election.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Was reading the CNN updates and came across this:

"Aides from the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee have been amplifying a moment from Marie Yovanovitch's hearing when Chairman Adam Schiff cut off GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik’s attempt to get in a line of questioning during the ranking member Rep. Devin Nunes’ time.

Stefanik's question was a clear violation of the rules that nonetheless created a moment Republicans are promoting.

Top House Republicans had expressed a desire to see Stefanik, considered a rising GOP star, take the opportunity provided by her presence at these public hearings to step further into the spotlight. Her performance is already starting to generate praise in conservative media as well."

Whenever the Beltway Media anoints some Republican a "rising star" they are fuking doomed! Its akin to having Scooby rooting for you. Look for Stefanik to be booted out on her azz by voters next election.
                  Not likely. She represents the North Country of NY, north of Albany all the way up to Canada. Think Clarkson and St. Lawrence.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    Not likely. She represents the North Country of NY, north of Albany all the way up to Canada. Think Clarkson and St. Lawrence.
                    Normally I'd agree, but being anointed a rising star = doom. Maybe she goes out in some bizarre sex scandal or they find rubles in her campaign account, but I had a quarter for every GOP rising star that goes down in flames I'd be 10 bucks shy of being a Republican myself.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      Rover still thinks Liz Cheney is doomed (the last GOP woman to be called "rising star"). She's doing just fine.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

He's had OVER THREE ****ING YEARS TO LOCK UP Mrs. Clinton. Get it ****ING DONE ALREADY.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          By Drew's own admission of no longer being a Republican, it's clearly had more of an effect than you're giving credit. Or would you now like a tower built of entirely soapboxes?
                          I'm tired of people complaining about what is going on when they have contributed to it, directly or indirectly, mostly because of poor reasons.

Sorry if that makes you upset with me, but deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            I'm tired of people complaining about what is going on when they have contributed to it, directly or indirectly, mostly because of poor reasons.

Sorry if that makes you upset with me, but deal with it.
                            Upset with you? No. Calling you out as myopic and stuck looking in the rearview mirror? Yes.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Upset with you? No. Calling you out as myopic and stuck looking in the rearview mirror? Yes.
                              Deal with it.

Given how people votes have actually hurt people, I honestly have no problem hurting someone's feelings about their vote. Maybe they will remember that they were stupid.

Comment

You're wrong. See, if you make a stupid mistake once, you are forever stupid. There's no coming back from that. Ever. You cannot learn from a mistake. You cannot better yourself. You're just stupid.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X