Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 180

Thread: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

  1. #1
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Here's a good one to restart this great thread:
    With Packers losing, upset mom allegedly choked daughter,11

    Also, an update from a story from the last thread:
    Wisconsin snowmobiler pleads no contest in deer-killing case
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  2. #2
    UR▼ UncleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Hood
    Posts
    6,201

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    There's no way you can say this guy's "name" correctly twice.

    https://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...9bb2963f4.html
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

    And stay off the lawn!

  3. #3
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Where
    Posts
    71,282

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleRay View Post
    There's no way you can say this guy's "name" correctly twice.

    https://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...9bb2963f4.html
    No way does that guy belong on this thread. He's a child of the weed, not the grape.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Oregon, WI
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    No way does that guy belong on this thread. He's a child of the weed, not the grape.
    For your information, we're ambidextrous.
    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

  5. #5
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    No way does that guy belong on this thread. He's a child of the weed, not the grape.
    Point of clarification: that all depends on if the fermented grape has been distilled. If the answer is no, we don't claim that either.

  6. #6
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  7. #7
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Where
    Posts
    71,282

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  8. #8
    Fighting Sioux Hockey Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Verona WI
    Posts
    1,602

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Wow, a 2-fer. Mother and son die in separate accidents in West Allis; Of course alcohol was involved.
    Mom-son die in separate accidents hours apart
    Fighting Sioux Forever

  9. #9
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Where
    Posts
    71,282

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Not a Cheesehead, but in the spirit of the thing.

    Just overhead from the office next door at my work. Verbatim:

    "Killed a white doe. And a black doe. But by then I had so much beer in me I couldn't tell the difference."
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  10. #10
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Where
    Posts
    71,282

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Nice.

    *******https://img.gawkerassets.com/img/180b80w0uj119jpg/xlarge.jpg********
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  11. #11
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Nice.

    *******https://img.gawkerassets.com/img/180b80w0uj119jpg/xlarge.jpg********
    I think most people in MN will agree with me, we don't want to be judged by anything that Crookston does.That is like judging the entire NFL on the Cleveland Browns performance.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  12. #12
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,065

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I think most people in MN will agree with me, we don't want to be judged by anything that Crookston does.That is like judging the entire NFL on the Cleveland Browns performance.
    Eh, I'll let you have that one. Hell, putting Crookston here is an insult to Cheeseheads anyways.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

    It just happens.


    nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

    leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

    Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

  13. #13
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Where
    Posts
    71,282

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Could you elaborate on Crookston for those of us with East Coast bias, please? We are not in on the joke.

    Near as I can tell from context, it's a sort of Minnesota Schenectady.

    (I would have put this in the drunken Minny thread, but it appears to have disappeared via the Ghost of Priceless.)
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  14. #14
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,681

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    (I would have put this in the drunken Minny thread, but it appears to have disappeared via the Ghost of Priceless.)
    Does anyone know what caused him to up and delete everything?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

    BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


    At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

    Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

  15. #15
    Very Un-Dude
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Hockey Mecca
    Posts
    26,861

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    So there are no dead deer in the neighborhood, what's a guy to do? Get it on with a "love seat", of course.

    Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions


    And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

    ~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

  16. #16
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,846

    Smile Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Could you elaborate on Crookston for those of us with East Coast bias, please? We are not in on the joke.

    Near as I can tell from context, it's a sort of Minnesota Schenectady.

    (I would have put this in the drunken Minny thread, but it appears to have disappeared via the Ghost of Priceless.)
    The University of Minnesota-Crookston is universally terrible at every sport they have. And by terrible I mean I can not name a UMC team in any sport in any year that has approached .500 much less been playoff worthy. When I was a student at UND and we played UMC in football, we'd bring out the keys for the opening kickoff and then we'd score 35 points in the first quarter. UMC's baseball went 0-39 in 2011. They also went winless another year. Baseball, fer christsakes. It takes an incredible lack of talent for a baseball team to not win a game for an entire season. Crookston has managed to do it at least twice in the last 10 years. The 2010 volleyball team went 0-28 winning seven sets all season.This field blunder is just the latest embarrassment for that crap athletic department.
    Last edited by Dirty; 09-27-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20832/20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,977

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Does anyone know what caused him to up and delete everything?
    He's alive and still posting under another name. Why Priceless went out of business, you got me.

    Edit: Just took a 2nd look @ the Crookston photo -- why is the logo @ the 45 yard line?
    Last edited by joecct; 09-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  18. #18
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    The University of Minnesota-Crookston is universally terrible at every sport they have. And by terrible I mean I can not name a UMC team in any sport in any year that has approached .500 much less been playoff worthy. When I was a student at UND and we played UMC in football, we'd bring out the keys for the opening kickoff and then we'd score 35 points in the first quarter. UMC's baseball went 0-39 in 2011. They also went winless another year. Baseball, fer christsakes. It takes an incredible lack of talent for a baseball team to not win a game for an entire season. Crookston has managed to do it at least twice in the last 10 years. The 2010 volleyball team went 0-28 winning seven sets all season.This field blunder is just the latest embarrassment for that crap athletic department.
    Not to mention the total Slapshot reactment they pulled at Adrian when they announced that because they were losing their conference spot in a D3 league, they were dropping the program. Hell I know Adrian was behind them getting booted, but hell, they where the D2 school dinking around in a D3 league.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20832/20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,977

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Not to mention the total Slapshot reactment they pulled at Adrian when they announced that because they were losing their conference spot in a D3 league, they were dropping the program. Hell I know Adrian was behind them getting booted, but hell, they where the D2 school dinking around in a D3 league.
    They could join the (new) WCHA???
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  20. #20
    UR▼ UncleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Hood
    Posts
    6,201

    Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    He's alive and still posting under another name. Why Priceless went out of business, you got me.

    Edit: Just took a 2nd look @ the Crookston photo -- why is the logo @ the 45 yard line?
    A little slow there, Joe. Apparently the answer is: because it's Crookston.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

    And stay off the lawn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •