Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Climate Change 3: Whatever you do don't call it a twatwaffle

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    now this will really ruin her childhood!!
    "But think of the ratings." -- Dump
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Making more Middle Aged men fill with rage

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50740324
      Twitter must be going bonkers with derp rage. Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Making more Middle Aged men fill with rage

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50740324
        Well deserved.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Twitter must be going bonkers with derp rage. Priceless.
          I'm sure every borschtbot with this as his avatar is currently pulling OT:

Comment

I love this guy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/world...12-06T18:55:35

(CNN)Afroz Shah, a lawyer in Mumbai, hasn't had a weekend off in four years. But he hasn't spent this time writing briefs or preparing for court.
            His mission? Saving the world's oceans from plastic pollution.
            It's a calling he found in 2015 after moving to a community in Mumbai called Versova Beach. He had played there as a child and was upset to see how much it had changed. The sand was no longer visible because it was covered by a layer of garbage more than five feet thick -- most of it plastic waste.
            "The whole beach was like a carpet of plastic," he said. "It repulsed me."
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Comment

Old white men everywhere set into rage by the Greta first class train tweet. Proves all the science wrong, apparently.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A 2018 explosion at a natural gas well owned by an ExxonMobil subsidiary emitted more methane into the atmosphere than some countries do in a year, a new study using satellite data has found.

Why it matters: It's the first time methane from an oil or gas incident has been detected and quantified using data gathered by satellite. The study shows space technology could become a key tool in detecting leaks of methane — one of the most potent greenhouse gases.
                  https://www.axios.com/satellite-unco...7a47ebc5c.html

Is there really any reason this stuff should still happen today? Is there really legitimate reasons why the proper safeguards are not in place to make sure leaks like this don't get this ****ing far out of control?

What they're saying: "We deeply regret the event occurred and have instituted systematic well design and monitoring procedures to prevent it from happening again,” Exxon said in response to questions," ExxonMobil said in a statement to Bloomberg. "We are eager to learn more, and our scientists are currently reviewing the study and its assumptions."
                  Sorry, this sounds pretty ****ing hollow to me.

Comment

It's the first time methane from an oil or gas incident has been detected and quantified using data gathered by satellite. The study shows space technology could become a key tool in detecting leaks of methane — one of the most potent greenhouse gases.
                    Expect the Republicans to defund the space program by Thursday.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Expect the Republicans to defund the space program by Thursday.
                      Nah, that's what Space Force is for... they'll militarize NASA and hide these findings.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Methane Papers will be a great read
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          The Methane Papers will be a great read
                          SOunds like one for Uncle John's Reader
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            SOunds like one for Uncle John's Reader
                            Very nice. Slow clap.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Who knew this thread existed - big Climate discussions in the UNH Hockey thread that probably would have been better served here. If you want to catch up on that thread (main board), please keep any response to the subject here in the Cafe. We've bothered those who don't wish to participate enough...

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Not sure if you noticed, but I was answering Greg's (fair) question - not you - and figured I'd try to lighten the recent end-of-the-world-is-nigh mood on here with a funny AND topical (climate) video from George Carlin … guess I just never realized you were such a delicate snowflake soul.

My bad. I'll try to be super careful not to trigger you, or upset your little safe space in the future.
                              Hahaha...

That's not what you were doing Chuck. You were trying to have your cake (imply you were keeping your promise and I wasn't) and eat it too (not actually keep your promise).

I'm not sure what gave you the impression I was offended by you in the least (I think that's probably just what you hoped was the case), but OK. More evidence that those who throw around the term snowflake are often the most sensitive among us (and the ones who've actually taken offense). I thought since you made a mean girls joke you'd be able to handle one, if I was wrong let me know and I'll apologize...
                              Last edited by Dan; 12-19-2019, 03:12 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X