Climate Change 3: Whatever you do don't call it a twatwaffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Climate Change 3: Whatever you do don't call it a twatwaffle

Solar PV on a cold day in March should produce more energy than a warm Sept day given equal sunlight.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Forgive me. The days in question (the -30F on Jan 30, 2019) were overcast and that was ... clouding ... my thoughts writing.

As I write, the sun has not shone on my yard since Sunday. Not kidding. Hoping later today. Don't believe me? The solar farm link above is representative of the region I live. That shows about an hour of solar farm useful daylight per day.

I need storage for the wind energy. Southerners need storage for solar.

Storage.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Typically the clouds lead to warmer weather. The coldest days of the year are typically sunny.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Had I remembered to bring a jacket with me Friday night it would have been the first time I'd have worn one since my last day in Minnesota, October 10th, 2014. As such it's still gathering dust in a closet.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Had I remembered to bring a jacket with me Friday night it would have been the first time I'd have worn one since my last day in Minnesota, October 10th, 2014. As such it's still gathering dust in a closet.
            Reminds me of a live weather channel spot I saw during one of our innumerable blizzards in upstate NY in the 90s. The reporter found a guy trudging through the snow and asked him where he was walking and without missing a beat the guy held up an ice scraper and said "south until people don't know what this f-cking thing is."
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Reminds me of a live weather channel spot I saw during one of our innumerable blizzards in upstate NY in the 90s. The reporter found a guy trudging through the snow and asked him where he was walking and without missing a beat the guy held up an ice scraper and said "south until people don't know what this f-cking thing is."
              A truly quintessential NY response.

Comment

If anyone wants to do some fun research- say, looking at the percentage of people who believe in climate change in a dump district after another flood- my grad school program has a great interactive map.

You can filter by county, metro area, congressional districts, or states.

https://climatecommunication.yale.ed...-data/ycom-us/

Comment

"Global warming is happening" - 67-16

OK...

"Global warming is caused by human activity" - 53-33

"Most scientists think global warming is happening" - 52-25

"Global warming will harm people in the US" - 57-33

...and there's your right-wing media bubble, but wait!

"Global warming will harm me personally" - 42-49

There's your typical American "I'm not going to worry about it until the flood waters are lapping at my doorstep" attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    "Global warming is happening" - 67-16

OK...

"Global warming is caused by human activity" - 53-33

"Most scientists think global warming is happening" - 52-25

"Global warming will harm people in the US" - 57-33

...and there's your right-wing media bubble, but wait!

"Global warming will harm me personally" - 42-49

There's your typical American "I'm not going to worry about it until the flood waters are lapping at my doorstep" attitude.
                    The same people that build in a flood plain in the Houston area and wonder why their house flooded.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      The same people that build in a flood plain in the Houston area and wonder why their house flooded.
                      But they're "hundred" year floods, and they don't plan on living there for 100 years, so flooding is the next person's problem...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I saw a recent survey by an electric industry group. Curious findings.

More than half of respondents said man was at least somewhat responsible for climate change.

When asked how much extra cost on their electric bill would they tolerate to fight climate change, "more than $10 per month" got under 25%; "$0 per month" got about 50%.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

More than half of respondents said man was at least somewhat responsible for climate change.

When asked how much extra cost on their electric bill would they tolerate to fight climate change, "more than $10 per month" got under 25%; "$0 per month" got about 50%.
                          Too bad Gallup wasn't around in 1860. "How much in expenses are you willing to incur the free the slaves?"
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I'm willing to pay an extra $25 a month. Have been for the last 25 years.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

And now the next Maunder Minimum?
                              https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...range-forecast

Disclaimer: Valentina Zharkova has claimed this for a while with tepid reaction by peers.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Too bad Gallup wasn't around in 1860. "How much in expenses are you willing to incur the free the slaves?"
                                "two bits!!"
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X