Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2019-20 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2019-20 Season

With November's results in the books here are the rankings as published by Let's Play Hockey:

Girls Class AA
    Nov. 27, 2019
    RANK TEAM

1 Andover
    2 Edina
    3 Minnetonka
    4 Blake
    5 Forest Lake
    6 Eden Prairie
    7 Wayzata
    8 Maple Grove
    9 Hill-Murray
    10 Brainerd/Little Falls
    11 Benilde-St. Margaret's
    12 North Wright County
    13 Grand Rapids/Greenway
    14 Roseau
    15 Eagan
    16 Rosemount
    17 Blaine
    18 Eastview
    19 Lakeville South
    20 Alexandria

Girls Class A
    Nov. 27, 2019
    RANK TEAM

1 Breck
    2 Warroad
    3 South St. Paul
    4 Mound Westonka
    5 Rochester Lourdes
    6 Cloquet-Esko-Carlton
    7 Proctor/Hermantown
    8 Mahtomedi
    9 Chisago Lakes
    10 Hutchinson
    11 Simley
    12 Thief River Falls
    13 Duluth Marshall
    14 Fergus Falls
    15 St. Paul United
    16 Minneapolis
    17 East Grand Forks
    18 Fairbult
    19 Willmar
    20 Orono
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

As the holiday break is underway, time to focus some attention on the girls hockey prep scene here in the State of Hockey. Some nice match-ups tonight highlighting some D1 recruits...

Benilde-St Margaret's vs Blake - Gopher and Cornell rectruits of interest
      Wazata vs Edina - Gopher and ECAC (esp. Clarkson) rectruits
      Andover vs Rogers - Andover with the big three for the Gophers, Mankato, and UMD (although I think Gabby Krause is hurt)
      Farmington vs Eagan - Gopher and UMD recruits

Trying to fit one of these games into the schedule tonight.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        As the holiday break is underway, time to focus some attention on the girls hockey prep scene here in the State of Hockey. Some nice match-ups tonight highlighting some D1 recruits...

Benilde-St Margaret's vs Blake - Gopher and Cornell rectruits of interest
        Wazata vs Edina - Gopher and ECAC (esp. Clarkson) rectruits
        Andover vs Rogers - Andover with the big three for the Gophers, Mankato, and UMD (although I think Gabby Krause is hurt)
        Farmington vs Eagan - Gopher and UMD recruits

Trying to fit one of these games into the schedule tonight.
        Also on Thursday you've got Forest Lake vs. Andover which should be a good one.

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/new...gn=Puck%20Drop

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Also on Thursday you've got Forest Lake vs. Andover which should be a good one.

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/new...gn=Puck%20Drop
          I am going to try to get to that game.

Did wind up going to the Farmingtion vs Eagan game which Farmington won 3-2. A little disappointed in not seeing Claire Enright as she was not dressed. Talking to some Farmington parents it sounds like she has been very sick for the last few days. Brenna Fuhrman(UMD) and Jayden Seifert(MSMU) logged a ton of ice time for Farmington and you can see their D1 skating ability.

Blake squeaked by BSM 1-0
          Andover over Rogers 5-1
          Edina tops Wazata 4-1
          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-11-2019, 08:41 AM. Reason: Corrected score

Comment

Did not get to see the Andover - Forest Lake matchup in person but fortunately, the game was streamed on Prepspotlight.tv. (the stream is available for replay on the site).

Andover wins 3-1 and Gabby Krause returned from a 6 game absence due to injury.

Comment

Bunches of U of M commits on the ice tonight at Blake Ice Arena.

1 Wethington, 1 Winters, 1 Zumwinkle, and 2 Lindsay’s o my!

Plus a Merrimack, Cornell, Brown, Harvard, Holy Cross and probably missing another 1 or 2.

There will be at least 3-5 others that are sophomores and freshman that are sure to play at the next level too.

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                Bunches of U of M commits on the ice tonight at Blake Ice Arena.

1 Wethington, 1 Winters, 1 Zumwinkle, and 2 Lindsay’s o my!

Plus a Merrimack, Cornell, Brown, Harvard, Holy Cross and probably missing another 1 or 2.

There will be at least 3-5 others that are sophomores and freshman that are sure to play at the next level too.
                Duh...AND Ms Hockey candidate (a favorite in my mind!) Olivia Mobley who is heading to Quinnipiac!

4 candidates at a minimum in Wethington, Delianedis, Mobley, and Burton!

Comment

Lots of Holiday tournaments wrapping up today. If you're looking for a good one to watch free, the Walser Invitational championship game between Edina and Breck is scheduled to start at 6:00pm CT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUphKh9aTE

Comment

In the middle of section playoffs, with teams battling to get to the State Tournament...and the Semifinalists for Ms. Hockey just named (with college commitments shown):

https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_article/show/1086081

Comment

In the middle of section playoffs, with teams battling to get to the State Tournament...and the Semifinalists for Ms. Hockey just named (with college commitments shown):

https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_article/show/1086081
                      Tonight you have Section 2AA semifinals at Braemar Area (Edina) with the early game (6:00PM) being #1 seed Minnetonka vs #4 seed Shakopee and the later game (8PM) being #2 seed Eden Prairie vs #3 seed Holy Family. I am going to try to make it out to see these games. Lots of D1 recruits to watch.

Tomorrow is the Section 6AA semifinals at Parade ice Garden. This section has 4 of the best teams in AA with Edina, Wayzata, Blake, and Benilde St Margaret's so this is like a mini state tournament. The matchups are #1 seed Edina vs #4 seed BSM in the ealy game at 5:30 and #2 seed Blake vs #3 seed Wayzata in the later game. There are so many players of interest to watch so come early to get good seats...Maybe I will see you there?
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-11-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Tonight you have Section 2AA semifinals at Braemar Area (Edina) with the early game (6:00PM) being #1 seed Minnetonka vs #4 seed Shakopee and the later game (8PM) being #2 seed Eden Prairie vs #3 seed Holy Family. I am going to try to make it out to see these games. Lots of D1 recruits to watch.

Tomorrow is the Section 6AA semifinals at Parade ice Garden. This section has 4 of the best teams in AA with Edina, Wayzata, Blake, and Benilde St Margaret's so this is like a mini state tournament. The matchups are #1 seed Edina vs #4 seed BSM in the ealy game at 5:30 and #2 seed Blake vs #3 seed Wayzata in the later game. There are so many players of interest to watch so come early to get good seats...Maybe I will see you there?
                        I was planning to attend tomorrow night's games at Parade but after looking at the weather - forecast calls for a low of -20 and the parking down there can be tough - I'm going to skip it. Fortunately for the girls, and unlike Hockey Day last month, the games will be played INDOORS.

Comment

I was planning to attend tomorrow night's games at Parade but after looking at the weather - forecast calls for a low of -20 and the parking down there can be tough - I'm going to skip it. Fortunately for the girls, and unlike Hockey Day last month, the games will be played INDOORS.
                          No question the parking isn't the best but the -20 has me confused. Are you referring to the wind chill or the actual temp? I see on the outlook for tomorrow, that the air temp in the evening will be in the teens with a possible wind chill around -10. I can deal with that.

Comment

No question the parking isn't the best but the -20 has me confused. Are you referring to the wind chill or the actual temp? I see on the outlook for tomorrow, that the air temp in the evening will be in the teens with a possible wind chill around -10. I can deal with that.
                            Weather.com's latest forecast at 10:00pm (when the 2nd game ends) calls for an actual temperature of +1 and a wind chill of -18. Dress warm!

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyho...9fa0659bf127e3

Comment

Minnetonka defeats Shakopee 2-1 in the first game. Credit to Shakopee's goaltender, Sidney Hern, who made several really good saves. I was impressed with #23, Paige McNeil, for Shakopee who is a Sacred Heart recruit. I noticed that Minnetonka had either Nicholson or Guilday on the ice whenever #23 for Shakopee was on the ice. She was clearly Shakopee's best player. Guilday and Nicholson were impressive in that they played a gritty game. Battled on the boards, blocked shots and played positionally sound. Guilday had one mistake that almost cost them a goal as #23 got around her but Minnetonka's goalie came up with a big save. I like how Minnetonka didn't overuse their star players which is what Eden Prairie did in the second game

Eden Prairie defeated Holy Family in the second game 3-1. It was a lopsided game as Eden Prairie outshot Holy Family 41-10. It was as simple as #3 and #9 for Eden Prairie were just so much better than anybody on Holy Family. It seemed Like #3, Sydney Langseth, a MSMU recruit and #9, Grace Kuipers, a Princeton recruit, hardly ever left the ice. They would go for long stretches of just playing keep away from Holy Family and recorded tons of good scoring chances which, more often than not, were saved by Holy Family's goalie, Sedona Blair, who was their best player.

Also got a chance to visit with Brad Frost for a bit after the first game and ask about Claire Enright of Farmington. He said that she had surgery on her hip (torn labrum). She had been trying to play through that injury from what I understand.

I will see how the weather plays out for tomorrow. I'm still planning on going as of now but that may change.

Comment

Highlights from Edina's 6-1 win over Benilde-St. Margaret's in tonight's Section 6AA semifinal. Sophomore D (and Gopher recruit) Vivian Jungels had the game of her young career, scoring 4 times including a pure hat trick in the first period.

https://kstp.com/minnesota-prep-spor...642953/?cat=81

Comment

Working...
                                X