Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2019-20 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2019-20 Season

Olivia Mobley of Breck named 2020 Ms. Hockey. Well deserved.

Anna Larose of North Wright County was named Senior Goalie of the Year.

Congratulations to both.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-23-2020, 02:02 PM.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Olivia Mobley of Breck named 2020 Ms. Hockey. Well deserved.
      Easy prediction: After a short adjustment period to the pace of play in D1 Olivia Mobley will become a big time scorer for the Bobcats.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Easy prediction: After a short adjustment period to the pace of play in D1 Olivia Mobley will become a big time scorer for the Bobcats.
        How does she do in OS games when playing against similar competition?
        Pass the puck

Comment

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
          Don't know, but would be interested in hearing your assessment.

Comment

I happened to catch this watching Fox Sports North yesterday and thought I would post here. Turns out it was just the first of a three part series, also available on YouTube (link below). Well worth your time; something that all fans of girls/women's hockey will enjoy as it traces the growth of the women's game from its very modest beginnings here in Minnesota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IngmpWrJ0I

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              I happened to catch this watching Fox Sports North yesterday and thought I would post here. Turns out it was just the first of a three part series, also available on YouTube (link below). Well worth your time; something that all fans of girls/women's hockey will enjoy as it traces the growth of the women's game from its very modest beginnings here in Minnesota.

Absolutely terrific...Seeing Darwitz play at Eagan was the main reason I started following women's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
                Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2019-20 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Ahockeydad View Post
                Don't know, but would be interested in hearing your assessment.
                I have seen Mobley play quite a bit over the years. Many would argue that lots of her points were against inferior competition this season at Breck. Cant argue with that as she had 20+ points against much weaker teams than the other AA candidates. The candidate from Warroad is a nice player too but she had even more points against more inferior opponents than Breck played. Also of interest is that Mobley is a 2001 which had some impact on her not making any USA teams (same with Delianedis from Blake).

Mobley is big and strong. She is strong on her skates, is deceptively fast (changes speed well and has an extra gear when she needs it) and plays a power game. She also has a really heavy shot that is fairly accurate. For sure the heaviest shot I saw in both the HS season and in Elite League games. Her teammate Emily Zumwinkle has a harder slapshot (not surprising being a sister of Grace) . She has the ability to and uses the stick to generate more power than the average elite player. She plays with an edge and a bit of a mean streak on the ice (is a kind, sweet kid off) but is not cheap. Does she dominate Elite League like HS? No, no one does but put her with the right line and she is really good. Not a dangler but has enough moves to be effective and is a finisher.

Put me in the camp of "she is going to be a really good college player" and I predict she will eventually get invites to National Team stuff.
                Last edited by used2lurk; 02-26-2020, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Projection of Class 2A rankings to start the 2020-21 season (and reasoning why)

Familiarity is the theme atop MN Girls' Hockey Hub's 2020 Way-Too-Early Top-10 rankings
                  https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/new...e/show/1089705

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

Thought you might follow up with part 2 but I didn't see it posted. So...Here is HomeGrown Episode 2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84chd3gYidc

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Thought you might follow up with part 2 but I didn't see it posted. So...Here is HomeGrown Episode 2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84chd3gYidc
                      Thanks, I did do a brief search on youtube but didn't see Episode 2 - thanks for adding it here. The folks that put these together do an awesome job!

Comment

A little late in posting this but here is HomeGrown Episode 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDJVOuSD2ik

Comment

A look back to when the girls first started playing MSHSL-sanctioned games in the State.

Before Minnesota's girls' hockey boom, one game started it all
                          https://www.startribune.com/amped-ar...ame/570472732/

Comment

So who won the Ms. Hockey title last season?
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              So who won the Ms. Hockey title last season?
                              Olivia Mobley of Breck HS. https://www.startribune.com/olivia-m...key/568124492/

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                                Cool, thanks. It's always interesting to see what schools the finalists are attending for college...Q for the winner and Merrimack, Cornell and UM for the other finalists.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X