Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2019-20 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2019-20 Season

Just goes final... 6-0 win for Andover in dominating fashion over Farmington without scoring from the first line!

Looking forward the the next game with Roseau and Minnetonka.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-20-2020, 12:45 PM.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

A little behind on couple of these games...

Minnetonka started fast 3-0 on Roseau but Roseau came back to score the next 2 goals to make it a game for while but Minnetonka pulled away with the next 4 goals to win going away 7-2

Edina beats Burnsville 4-0 and just had too much depth for Burnsville. Don't know a lot about Burnsville but I liked the skill of #13, #17, and #22 for them.

It's been a really good game so far through 2 periods with Hill Murray leading Maple Grove 2-1.

Comment

Maple Grove scores 2 in the third period to overcome the 2-1 deficit and win. Great hockey game!

Comment

Semifinal match-ups tomorrow (Friday 2/21):

Class A
          11:00 AM #2 (seed) Warroad vs. #3 Cloquet-Esko-Carlton
          2:00 PM #1 Breck vs. #5 Rochester Lourdes

Class AA
          6:00 PM #2 Andover vs.#3 Minnetonka
          9:00 PM #1 Edina vs. #4 Maple Grove

Games will be televised live locally on Ch. 45, and free stream available on prep45.com .
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Surprising start to the Warroad Cloquet-Esko-Carlton as CEC lead 2-0 after 1 period of play. Taylor Nelson, A Bemidji recruit, with both goals for CEC.

Taylor Nelson with a 5 point game!
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-21-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Nice bounce back by Warroad in the 2nd period with 2 goals. End of 2 were tied at 2.

Comment

Cloquet-Esko-Carlton outscored Warroad 3-1 in the third period to win 5-3. I'm pleasantly surprised by the result.

Taylor Nelson with a 5 point game for CEC!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Cloquet-Esko-Carlton outscored Warroad 3-1 in the third period to win 5-3. I'm pleasantly surprised by the result.

Taylor Nelson with a 5 point game for CEC!
                  I was very impressed with Nelson's all around game. That slap shot from the blue line, near the wall, that went upper left corner over the goaltender's shoulder...major wow! An extremely fast skater with great hockey sense; she really stood out whenever she was out there. Looking forward to following her career at Bemidji State.

Comment

No surprise that Breck leads 2-0 after the 1st period. Some pretty good goaltending from Rochester Lourdes has kept the score down. No surprise that Emily Zumwinke can really shoot the puck but pleasantly surprised with how well Klepinger can shoot from the point.

Comment

5-1 Breck at the end of 2 periods. A lot of penalties on Breck at the end of the period. 5 on 3 PP for Rochester seemed to make the play about even with Breck.

Comment

5-1 Breck at the end of 2 periods. A lot of penalties on Breck at the end of the period. 5 on 3 PP for Rochester seemed to make the play about even with Breck.
                        HUGE difference in talent between the two teams (we knew this, so confirmed). And if I had a vote for Ms. Hockey it would go to Breck's Olivia Mobley.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          HUGE difference in talent between the two teams (we knew this, so confirmed). And if I had a vote for Ms. Hockey it would go to Breck's Olivia Mobley.
                          She is the best senior I've seen play this year.

Btw, on the broadcast, they're talking about the Breck program playing a competitive schedule with 2A teams. They should move up.
                          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-21-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

She is the best senior I've seen play this year.

Btw, on the broadcast, they're talking about the Breck program playing a competitive schedule in with 2A teams. They should move up.
                            Agreed. The six games they lost during the season were all to 2A teams: BSM, Edina (twice), Blake, Maple Grove and Wayzata).

Comment

9-1 final. Breck was just way too much for Rochester. Cloquet-Esko-Carlton is going to have to Bemidji Breck to have any chance tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Gopher's recruiting class for next year, but Olivia Mobley seems like one that should be putting on the maroon M next year.
                              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-21-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Btw, on the broadcast, they're talking about the Breck program playing a competitive schedule with 2A teams. They should move up.
                                While that suggestion has merit, I think that the format of the state tournament should be altered as well. What sense does it make to have two or three really strong sections followed by state quarterfinals where 75% of the quarterfinals aren't competitive. If you want a team like Breck to move up and sacrifice a great chance at a state title every year, then they shouldn't have to risk being thrown into a section with four other top-eight teams and never getting to experience a state tourney. If they look at Blake's move, why should Breck make the same move in the current system?
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X