Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Elections

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Can’t see how that makes them uncomfortable however.
    According to exit polls, ratification of the ERA was one of the top three motivating factors that drove the vote in Virginia.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      According to exit polls, ratification of the ERA was one of the top three motivating factors that drove the vote in Virginia.
      And TN?
      And TX?
      And FL?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        And TN?
        And TX?
        And FL?
        There won't be a Senate election in Florida in 2020, but I suppose you're right. Flipping the Senate and ratifying the ERA won't be much of a motivating factor in other races. Amy McGrath probably won't even mention it in her race with Turtle. Women don't make up much of the electorate in the US.
        Last edited by ticapnews; 11-09-2019, 05:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          There won't be a Senate election in Florida in 2020, but I suppose you're right. Flipping the Senate and ratifying the ERA won't be much of a motivating factor in other races. Amy McGrath probably won't even mention it in her race with Turtle. Women don't make up much of the electorate in the US.
          Women who vote for tD don’t care about this.

You and Kepler are always guilty of projecting
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Women who still support Trump are evil, or godd@mned morons.

Comment

The Violence Against Women reauthorization, TANF extension and a few hundred other bills are already sitting dead on Mitch McConnell's desk. What exactly about the ERA is going to change how people already react in 2020?
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                As a result of the Democrats taking control of the Virginia legislature the Equal Rights Amendment will be ratified by the 38th state. A bill to eliminate the 1982 deadline for ratification will be introduced to the House of Representatives next week. Once it passes it will be up to the Senate. It will likely then die in the Senate, but it will put the Turtle and several of his GOP friends in a very uncomfortable position. So one more reason for Democrats to flip the US Senate in 2020 is the ratification of the ERA.
                Could they appeal the whole timeline and rescinding stuff to SCOTUS? They probably would lose but since there's nothing explicit about it in the Constitution it's worth a shot.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  The Violence Against Women reauthorization, TANF extension and a few hundred other bills are already sitting dead on Mitch McConnell's desk. What exactly about the ERA is going to change how people already react in 2020?
                  What happens to those bills if no action is taken? Do they expire? If the Ds take the Senate next year, would they still be sitting there for a vote?

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                    What happens to those bills if no action is taken? Do they expire? If the Ds take the Senate next year, would they still be sitting there for a vote?
                    Everything expires at the end of each Congress.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      In all honesty I did not hear it mentioned even once either way the whole cycle here.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                      X