X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You mean the same electorate who still believes trickle down is awesome? Yeah, that's not going to happen.
    So you're saying we're doomed?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      I can't teach 150 million people how to add and subtract. That's the only skills that are required.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Ouch.

Chumming the waters. I’m guessing the debates are not going to go well for the billionaires. Biden, and possibly warren and sanders, are going to be the biggest beneficiaries. No more cannons trained on them. Everyone is going to go after Steyer and Bloomberg.

The most effective question is to ask why they’re not using their resources to fight down ballot where it’s waaaaaaaaay more effective. Every dollar in a tight senate election is probably the same value as $2 or $3 in the presidential. Or $100-$1,000 in their own campaigns. Could you imagine what a million bucks would be to a senate race? Or $100,000 in ten house races?

These two ****wits deserve to get eaten alive on stage.
        Well she wont endorse Biden most likely...she wont add much but it would be a nice endorsement for Bernie or Warren.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’m not even talking about endorsements. I’m talking about to who is going to be the biggest targets in the debates.

She won’t endorse yet I wouldn’t think. Maybe in the coming weeks.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I dont care who the targets of the debates are...the debates are a friggin unwatchable clownshow. No one is watching them and no one is being swayed by them.

Endorsements are what matters now.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Aaah, yes, the tax issue. HINT FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GET IT: If the government takes over your health care that means that you're current health care costs go away. So, if your taxes go up the same or less than that number there is no ****ing tax issue.

Elizabeth tried to address this and as usual the mindless automatons aka, the electorate, wasn't listening.
              i'm onboard, but I think my taxes likely will go up by more than what I currently spend on my insurance.

Comment

Ideally, the offset will be:

the wealthy pay a huge amount more

the upper middle class pays somewhat more

the lower middle class pays a lot less

The Poors pay nothing and are now all covered

Now do this across the board, particularly with education and child care.
                Last edited by Kepler; 12-03-2019, 01:56 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Aaah, yes, the tax issue. HINT FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GET IT: If the government takes over your health care that means that you're current health care costs go away. So, if your taxes go up the same or less than that number there is no ****ing tax issue.

Elizabeth tried to address this and as usual the mindless automatons aka, the electorate, wasn't listening.
                  Umm...you do realize that you have to convince the electorate, right? Your own personal view of them aside...
                  You mean the same electorate who still believes trickle down is awesome? Yeah, that's not going to happen.
                  I can't teach 150 million people how to add and subtract. That's the only skills that are required.
                  It's a little more complicated than that. I'm paying roughly $4600 pre-tax for my insurance premiums. My employer is contributing a little less than twice that amount to cover the remaining premiums. As much as you'd like to sell the electorate on it, I highly doubt that my employer would increase my wages by that ~$9000 it no longer pays to Screw You Medical Insurance to help cover the increased taxes I'll face under the new system. She can't guarantee that'd happen; you know it, I know it, and any critically thinking adult in this country knows it.

With that, can the US Government create a universal health care system for just the amount I personally pay in premiums? Without that goal/promise, you can easily bet that program will be highly unpopular.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

She's dead, Jim.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      It's a little more complicated than that. I'm paying roughly $4600 pre-tax for my insurance premiums. My employer is contributing a little less than twice that amount to cover the remaining premiums. As much as you'd like to sell the electorate on it, I highly doubt that my employer would increase my wages by that ~$9000 it no longer pays to Screw You Medical Insurance to help cover the increased taxes I'll face under the new system. She can't guarantee that'd happen; you know it, I know it, and any critically thinking adult in this country knows it.

With that, can the US Government create a universal health care system for just the amount I personally pay in premiums? Without that goal/promise, you can easily bet that program will be highly unpopular.
                      And this ladies and gentlemen is how you reap what you sow when you create stupid public policy. What stupid public policy you ask? The stupid public policy that equated health care with employment. You're right, that's an issue. I would have the same issues. That being said it was cheaper for me to cover my daughter through Obamacare than it was to continue to carry her on my employer provided insurance. But, will there be a "donut hole" that people will fall through and pay more? Probably.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

These are all interesting economic academic exercises that are being thrown about.

The primary problem is this. We have in this country a health care insurance system that traffics in billions and billions of dollars annually. That system is not going to let Warren, Bernie, Joe or anyone else just declare "yeah, we're not going to do health insurance anymore in this country."

I posted this awhile back, but the only way you will get M4A in this country is through a form of "medicare creep." You just have to keep adding to those eligible, by age or some other classification, until the market for health insurance slowly dries up like the market for transistor radios.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Hopefully we still have enough power among the people rather than capital that if there's a better way of doing things for 99% of the population then the special interest doesn't get to block it just because it's rich.

If we do not have that power then we have to take power back by outlawing bribery and overturning McCutcheon and Citizens United.

We are, at the end of all the capitalist bullsh-t, a democratic nation. The wealthy do not formally control the government, no matter how hard the Republicans try to make that so.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Hopefully we still have enough power among the people rather than capital that if there's a better way of doing things for 99% of the population then the special interest doesn't get to block it just because it's rich.

If we do not have that power then we have to take power back by outlawing bribery and overturning McCutcheon and Citizens United.

We are, at the end of all the capitalist bullsh-t, a democratic nation. The wealthy do not formally control the government, no matter how hard the Republicans try to make that so.
                            All of this would have happened naturally by now if they hadn't caved on the public option in the first place. Now, like global warming it's too ****ing late.

Comment

Online leftists are busy celebrating the end of Kamala The Cop.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Online leftists are busy celebrating the end of Kamala The Cop.
                                I'm not celebrating. Although her campaign sucked, it wouldn't have bothered me at all to vote for her if she won the nomination.

Comment

Working...
                                X