X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Yang wants to give everyone $1000 a month because of upcoming automation costing us our jerbs
    Officially called Universal Basic Income.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      mookie cant wait for his check!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Scoobs, did you ever think your personal experience may not be the experience of the rest of the civilized world? It changed the industry by enforcing certain new rules upon it, such as they had put 80% of premiums towards care or rebate the rest, couldn't discriminate for pre existing conditions, cap of 10K in out of pocket expenses per year, etc etc. However, for the vast majority of us covered under employer insurance, we didn't have to switch carriers.

This is the rub with M4A. If people have no problem with their current insurance (a different standard than being "happy" with it) they may not feel the disruption is worth the uncertainty of going on Medicare. That's not the same thing as the transition to the ACA by a longshot which mandated higher standards in the existing industry as opposed to getting rid of the industry entirely.

BTW - I thought the ACA did nothing according to you? When did your opinion change?
        The ACA did nothing to fix any of the problems that I experience with my Health Care. I get my health insurance from work. I bet my experience is similar to the 150 million ****ing whining babies out there right now.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          It replaced (Obamacare) my insurance with other insurance. It changed the entire industry. It's disingenuous to say otherwise.
          my insurance hasn't changed. I think my premiums have only changed modestly a couple times in the last 15 years. My company did roll out an incentive program to reward good behavior to control costs (basically a $500/person $1000/family deductible that you can earn credits to reduce or eliminate), as well as deals with certain hospitals for more expensive procedures (and no co-pay/deductible/co-insurance if you use the preferred provider).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I though it was the "freedom dividend".

this is actual trickle down -- tax Jeff Bezos and then distribute the money

Comment

Speaking of health insurance, I liked this as a veteran of the nhs myself

Comment

Scoobs, did you ever think your personal experience may not be the experience of the rest of the civilized world? It changed the industry by enforcing certain new rules upon it, such as they had put 80% of premiums towards care or rebate the rest, couldn't discriminate for pre existing conditions, cap of 10K in out of pocket expenses per year, etc etc. However, for the vast majority of us covered under employer insurance, we didn't have to switch carriers.

This is the rub with M4A. If people have no problem with their current insurance (a different standard than being "happy" with it) they may not feel the disruption is worth the uncertainty of going on Medicare. That's not the same thing as the transition to the ACA by a longshot which mandated higher standards in the existing industry as opposed to getting rid of the industry entirely.

BTW - I thought the ACA did nothing according to you? When did your opinion change?
                Insurance is how you distribute risk in a system in which government payment is not guaranteed. So, guarantee payment. Your medical bills will no longer be a cost you bear, just as national defense costs are not a cost you bear. They will be reimbursed by the government to the care provider directly. The entire middle man game of insurance and profiteering will be eliminated as a cost.

It doesn't matter if you "lose" your insurance if. You. Don't. Need. Insurance. It's like saying you "lose" your debt collection "service" from Big Louie.

F-ck Big Louie. He always was a predator.
                Last edited by Kepler; 12-03-2019, 10:26 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Insurance is how you distribute risk in a system in which government payment is not guaranteed. So, guarantee payment. Your medical bills will no longer be a cost you bear, just as national defense costs are not a cost you bear. They will be reimbursed by the government to the care provider directly. The entire middle man game of insurance and profiteering will be eliminated as a cost.

It doesn't matter if you "lose" your insurance if. You. Don't. Need. Insurance. It's like saying you "lose" your debt collection "service" from Big Louie.

I don't have any major complaints about my insurance. We're self-insured and pay Aetna to administer the medical plan and CVS to administer the RX benefit plan. My out-of-pocket costs and premium are both reasonable (and less than I'd probably pay in taxes to support M4A). Selfishly, could be fine with the status quo. I know what my costs are. I know what my coverage is. I'm pretty happy with it. I've never had to fight to get something covered and I've never been stuck with a huge bill. But I know a lot of people are facing different circumstances. My in-laws insurance is not good and they've had a few medical issues and have racked up a little hospital debt. I know other people that just don't go to the doctors, even if they are pretty sick. I think M4A is the right thing to do, even if personally it doesn't benefit me right now.

Comment

Harris is out.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ouch.

Chumming the waters. I’m guessing the debates are not going to go well for the billionaires. Biden, and possibly warren and sanders, are going to be the biggest beneficiaries. No more cannons trained on them. Everyone is going to go after Steyer and Bloomberg.

The most effective question is to ask why they’re not using their resources to fight down ballot where it’s waaaaaaaaay more effective. Every dollar in a tight senate election is probably the same value as $2 or $3 in the presidential. Or $100-$1,000 in their own campaigns. Could you imagine what a million bucks would be to a senate race? Or $100,000 in ten house races?

These two ****wits deserve to get eaten alive on stage.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Great, Kep but I think you left a few things out which you might want to address, like the higher taxes issue. If the funding his tripped up no less than Lizzy Warren who previously had been spot on with all her proposals, I'm seriously worried about anybody else's ability to sell it to the voters.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Naw Big Louie was alright. (I can see his house from my office window)
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Great, Kep but I think you left a few things out which you might want to address, like the higher taxes issue. If the funding his tripped up no less than Lizzy Warren who previously had been spot on with all her proposals, I'm seriously worried about anybody else's ability to sell it to the voters.
                            Aaah, yes, the tax issue. HINT FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GET IT: If the government takes over your health care that means that you're current health care costs go away. So, if your taxes go up the same or less than that number there is no ****ing tax issue.

Elizabeth tried to address this and as usual the mindless automatons aka, the electorate, wasn't listening.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Aaah, yes, the tax issue. HINT FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GET IT: If the government takes over your health care that means that you're current health care costs go away. So, if your taxes go up the same or less than that number there is no ****ing tax issue.

Elizabeth tried to address this and as usual the mindless automatons aka, the electorate, wasn't listening.
                              Umm...you do realize that you have to convince the electorate, right? Your own personal view of them aside...
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Umm...you do realize that you have to convince the electorate, right? Your own personal view of them aside...
                                You mean the same electorate who still believes trickle down is awesome? Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X