This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    What makes you think trix or ticap won't be balls deep in the Dem nominee when the time comes?
    Uh, have you read anything Trix has posted? The only thing he’s balls-deep in is Bernie. Anyone else is Hitler.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

If you guys don’t want Biden people need to rally behind either Warren or Bernie. Those voters need to consolidate, otherwise Biden could open up a pretty big lead on Super Tuesday.

Comment

You guys get waaaaay too triggered by the "Bernout/Bernbot" labels. If you're gonna sit around and call Hillary all the names Republicans spent years inventing (which I have also occasionally done), but can't take some ribbing in return, that's called hypocrisy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          If you guys don’t want Biden people need to rally behind either Warren or Bernie. Those voters need to consolidate, otherwise Biden could open up a pretty big lead on Super Tuesday.
          That's why between Bernie and Liz, whoever does worse in New Hampster should drop out and endorse the other.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            You guys get waaaaay too triggered by the "Bernout/Bernbot" labels.
            Your concern is noted.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Your concern is noted.
              OK, boomer.

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoblack&gold View Post
                ok, boomer.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, um, I'm a little out of the loop on each candidates stances, other than they're all against kids in cages (except Tulsi), but this morning I saw a banner on an overpass on the west side of Chicago that said "Yang 2020, Honk for $1000/month."

Ummm?
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You know what makes me the most angry this cycle? Every media outlet and every candidate that says, "they're taking away 150 million people's health insurance" when they talk about Medicare for All. That is a ****ing lie and it's not true.

They're replacing your health insurance with something else. Which is EXACTLY the same ****ing thing Obamacare did. And anyone who had insurance before and after Obamacare knows this to be true.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      So, um, I'm a little out of the loop on each candidates stances, other than they're all against kids in cages (except Tulsi), but this morning I saw a banner on an overpass on the west side of Chicago that said "Yang 2020, Honk for $1000/month."

Ummm?
                      Yang wants to give everyone $1000 a month because of upcoming automation costing us our jerbs
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Yang wants to give everyone $1000 a month because of upcoming automation costing us our jerbs
                        I like Yang. We need more and more and more out of the box thinking for our issues or were going to go the way of Rome.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          You know what makes me the most angry this cycle? Every media outlet and every candidate that says, "they're taking away 150 million people's health insurance" when they talk about Medicare for All. That is a ****ing lie and it's not true.

They're replacing your health insurance with something else. Which is EXACTLY the same ****ing thing Obamacare did. And anyone who had insurance before and after Obamacare knows this to be true.
                          I haven't heard too many media outlets saying that, but I don't troll conservative media like you do so I'll take your word for it. However your second point is incorrect. Obamacare extended insurance to people who didn't have it. Yes it also took away a lot of junk plans but it was the expansion of healthcare that was the key. If it was merely to replace your insurance with different insurance I doubt the effort would have succeeded.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I haven't heard too many media outlets saying that, but I don't troll conservative media like you do so I'll take your word for it. However your second point is incorrect. Obamacare extended insurance to people who didn't have it. Yes it also took away a lot of junk plans but it was the expansion of healthcare that was the key. If it was merely to replace your insurance with different insurance I doubt the effort would have succeeded.
                            I hear it on NBC (MSNBC) all the time. I do not spend all my time trolling conservative sites. To the contrary. Most of the media I consume is on the liberal side of the ledger.

It replaced (Obamacare) my insurance with other insurance. It changed the entire industry. It's disingenuous to say otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Thanks.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I hear it on NBC (MSNBC) all the time. I do not spend all my time trolling conservative sites. To the contrary. Most of the media I consume is on the liberal side of the ledger.

It replaced (Obamacare) my insurance with other insurance. It changed the entire industry. It's disingenuous to say otherwise.
                                Scoobs, did you ever think your personal experience may not be the experience of the rest of the civilized world? It changed the industry by enforcing certain new rules upon it, such as they had put 80% of premiums towards care or rebate the rest, couldn't discriminate for pre existing conditions, cap of 10K in out of pocket expenses per year, etc etc. However, for the vast majority of us covered under employer insurance, we didn't have to switch carriers.

This is the rub with M4A. If people have no problem with their current insurance (a different standard than being "happy" with it) they may not feel the disruption is worth the uncertainty of going on Medicare. That's not the same thing as the transition to the ACA by a longshot which mandated higher standards in the existing industry as opposed to getting rid of the industry entirely.

BTW - I thought the ACA did nothing according to you? When did your opinion change?
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X