Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1001

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

  1. #861
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    16,992

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm a ****ing idiot for taking a principled stand on an issue I care about? Really? That's how you want to play it?
    Principled stand? Scoobs the only principle you stand on is taking absurd positions so you can set yourself up to be disappointed. That is EXACTLY how I'll play it. Buttigieg is my 4th choice, but you need to explain how a Mayor Pete vs President Chump contest will cause you to hold your nose when voting on election day? In what possible way does the man offend you so that you wouldn't be enthusiastic about sending Trump packing?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  2. #862
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'd like to hear the rationale for this statement.
    Read this https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/10/james-madison-mob-rule/568351/ They didnít want to see us go down the road of fascism, socialism(or at least extreme socialism), mob rule, etc. Buttigieg is highly intelligent, accomplished, and fairly moderate. Those are the things they would want in a president.

  3. #863
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,230

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Principled stand? Scoobs the only principle you stand on is taking absurd positions so you can set yourself up to be disappointed. That is EXACTLY how I'll play it. Buttigieg is my 4th choice, but you need to explain how a Mayor Pete vs President Chump contest will cause you to hold your nose when voting on election day? In what possible way does the man offend you so that you wouldn't be enthusiastic about sending Trump packing?
    scooby hates the gays, just like he hates women
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  4. #864
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,355

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Read this https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...b-rule/568351/ They didnít want to see us go down the road of fascism, socialism(or at least extreme socialism), mob rule, etc. Buttigieg is highly intelligent, accomplished, and fairly moderate. Those are the things they would want in a president.
    You're arguing for a centrist President by using mob rule as your argument? You cannot be serious.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  5. #865
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,869
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Not sure, but either way Chelsea, Pete, myself, and DGF are all just Little Eichmanns to trixie.

    Now excuse me while I go hop on a plane and do my part to further contribute to global climate change.
    Conservative men get their boners from mentioning the word Clinton if were talking about corruption.
    Guess my firm didnít get the memo as they sent me to work on a socialized health system .

  6. #866
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You're arguing for a centrist President by using mob rule as your argument? You cannot be serious.
    No, itís not what he is as much as what he is not. Also, he went to Harvard, Oxford, and served in the military.

  7. #867
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    16,992

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You're arguing for a centrist President by using mob rule as your argument? You cannot be serious.
    What part of "that's what the primary is for" are you too dense to understand? If arch liberalism is the dominant theme for the Dems, then Bernie will be the nominee (or Warren) and then Go Bernie. If it isn't and its Biden or Buttigieg then Go Biden or Go Buttigieg.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  8. #868
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,355

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    No, itís not what he is as much as what he is not. Also, he went to Harvard, Oxford, and served in the military.
    Senator Kenney went to Oxford. Harvard is equal to Oxford. I find both of those an extreme negative at this point.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  9. #869
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,355

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    What part of "that's what the primary is for" are you too dense to understand? If arch liberalism is the dominant theme for the Dems, then Bernie will be the nominee (or Warren) and then Go Bernie. If it isn't and its Biden or Buttigieg then Go Biden or Go Buttigieg.
    My excitement level with various candidates has no bearing on how I end up voting and no bearing on anyone else's vote either. So, why are you wasting our time?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  10. #870
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    16,992

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    My excitement level with various candidates has no bearing on how I end up voting and no bearing on anyone else's vote either. So, why are you wasting our time?
    Your excitement level is in direct correlation to the candidate that you think is most likely to lose, thus giving you something to b itch about. If you told me you were a die hard Cleveland Browns fan, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

    However, its not personal. I push back on anybody who is either an absolutist that wants a candidate in their own image or who starts pimping 3rd parties as a logical alternative to the Chump Reign of Terror. You are obviously more comfortable with losing than winning. Winning takes effort. Losing doesn't. Problem is your attitude is deadly when it comes to actually winning next year and taking over govt from the Nazis.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  11. #871
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,355

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Your excitement level is in direct correlation to the candidate that you think is most likely to lose, thus giving you something to b itch about. If you told me you were a die hard Cleveland Browns fan, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

    However, its not personal. I push back on anybody who is either an absolutist that wants a candidate in their own image or who starts pimping 3rd parties as a logical alternative to the Chump Reign of Terror. You are obviously more comfortable with losing than winning. Winning takes effort. Losing doesn't. Problem is your attitude is deadly when it comes to actually winning next year and taking over govt from the Nazis.
    So, only candidates that are under the delusion they can work with the terrorists are going to win? Is that where we're at right now?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  12. #872
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    4,464

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    So, only candidates that are under the delusion they can work with the terrorists are going to win? Is that where we're at right now?
    the middle 1/3rd of the electorate will want someone to at least give lip service to working across the aisle

  13. #873
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    16,992

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    the middle 1/3rd of the electorate will want someone to at least give lip service to working across the aisle
    Exactly. Anybody who's married or has kids (or both) is used to saying things to keep the peace that you don't necessarily mean. "Yes I'm thrilled to be working on the wedding invitations", "yes, that looks good on you", "no, I'm not mad that you struck out to end the game against the team with all the annoying parents rooting for it". Makes me wonder how Scooby has lived this long.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  14. #874
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,064

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Read this https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...b-rule/568351/ They didn’t want to see us go down the road of fascism, socialism(or at least extreme socialism), mob rule, etc. Buttigieg is highly intelligent, accomplished, and fairly moderate. Those are the things they would want in a president.
    His plan is to ensure a permanent conservative majority on the supreme court so IDK about that.

  15. #875
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    16,992

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    His plan is to ensure a permanent conservative majority on the supreme court so IDK about that.
    Wait - I thought that already happened? Can you guys at least try to be consistent?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  16. #876
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,230
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    the middle 1/3rd of the electorate will want someone to at least give lip service to working across the aisle
    The middle one third knows how the chit goes down. They don't expecting much.

  17. #877
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,422

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Exactly. Anybody who's married or has kids (or both) is used to saying things to keep the peace that you don't necessarily mean. "Yes I'm thrilled to be working on the wedding invitations", "yes, that looks good on you", "no, I'm not mad that you struck out to end the game against the team with all the annoying parents rooting for it". Makes me wonder how Scooby has lived this long.
    My bet - the answer isn't "happily."
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  18. #878
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,064

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Wait - I thought that already happened? Can you guys at least try to be consistent?
    Well with other candidates there's at least a chance of doing something different. His plan of adding 15 or whatever, 5 of which are conservative just plans to further entrench it.

  19. #879
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,869

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto


  20. #880
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I want a president who gives up, just what the doctor ordered.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •