Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Yeah and if you thought for 2 seconds you would have known I didnt say bikes were the problem, it was part of a description of how liberal Minneapolis is. The bikes lanes did screw up the streets (I lived in Uptown when they redid them it was a mess) but Minneapolis wanted them so whatever. That you cant pick up pretty obvious context in a simple post tells me it might be time for you to go back to school and take Rhetoric or something.

Literally the only one who didnt get it was you...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The Howard Stern interview with Hillary Clinton (It's on Youtube) is fascinating. It's no wonder everyone hates her.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The Howard Stern interview with Hillary Clinton (It's on Youtube) is fascinating. It's no wonder everyone hates her.
    CNN wants us to think she DESTROYED Bernie in the interview.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    CNN wants us to think she DESTROYED Bernie in the interview.
    CNN SUCKS! CNN SUCKS!

One of few things I agree with Trumpers on.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah and if you thought for 2 seconds you would have known I didnt say bikes were the problem, it was part of a description of how liberal Minneapolis is. The bikes lanes did screw up the streets (I lived in Uptown when they redid them it was a mess) but Minneapolis wanted them so whatever. That you cant pick up pretty obvious context in a simple post tells me it might be time for you to go back to school and take Rhetoric or something.

Literally the only one who didnt get it was you...
    Well the problem is when we're talking about something like the national debt and the, "sacrifices that need to be made", I really don't see how bike lanes or Lance Armstrong wannabes have anything to do with the conversation. If you were making a joke that flew over my head or something then I'll fully admit to not getting it. Encouraging more biking/use of public transit and less driving is a good thing but I'll fully admit that I mostly avoid uptown like the plague and that it does suck to drive through when I have to (have one buddy who lives there that I sometimes watch hockey or hang out at Lyle's with).

The debt doesn't need to be paid down to $0 overnight or really ever for that matter so long as it doesn't impede our ability to finance government expenditures. And the obvious way to do it is by raising taxes on those who have constantly had it cut for zero logical reason other than greed. And certain expenditures can yield positive gains in terms of lowering the debt while also restoring peoples' faith in government so those really aren't sacrifices that should be made anyhow.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-07-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    CNN SUCKS! CNN SUCKS!

One of few things I agree with Trumpers on.

Well the problem is when we're talking about something like the national debt and the, "sacrifices that need to be made", I really don't see how bike lanes or Lance Armstrong wannabes have anything to do with the conversation. If you were making a joke that flew over my head or something then I'll fully admit to not getting it. Encouraging more biking/use of public transit and less driving is a good thing but I'll fully admit that I mostly avoid uptown like the plague and that it does suck to drive through when I have to (have one buddy who lives there that I sometimes watch hockey or hang out at Lyle's with).

The debt doesn't need to be paid down to $0 overnight or really ever for that matter so long as it doesn't impede our ability to finance government expenditures. And the obvious way to do it is by raising taxes on those who have constantly had it cut for zero logical reason other than greed. And certain expenditures can yield positive gains in terms of lowering the debt while also restoring peoples' faith in government so those really aren't sacrifices that should be made anyhow.
    The bike lane comment is only there to illustrate that Minneapolis is liberal. It isnt some commentary on what causes the debt. The point is that even in places where the majority of people are left leaning progressives (Minneapolis, especially Uptown are about as strong a Blue area as you can get) they still dont always want to make economic sacrifices. They will cry and whine about their taxes in the same breathe they whine about how the roads suck.

The point is that Left or Right, people are greedy. Those of us saying "Raise my taxes, I will take on the burden" are the exception, not the rule in this country. People want theirs, they always have and they always will and it doesnt matter what side of the aisle they are on.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    The bike lane comment is only there to illustrate that Minneapolis is liberal. It isnt some commentary on what causes the debt. The point is that even in places where the majority of people are left leaning progressives (Minneapolis, especially Uptown are about as strong a Blue area as you can get) they still dont always want to make economic sacrifices. They will cry and whine about their taxes in the same breathe they whine about how the roads suck.

The point is that Left or Right, people are greedy. Those of us saying "Raise my taxes, I will take on the burden" are the exception, not the rule in this country. People want theirs, they always have and they always will and it doesnt matter what side of the aisle they are on.

They can raise my taxes. Even though if I had the option I would gladly leave.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

So apparently the hot new line of attack on "Mayo" Pete is that we don't get to know which projects he worked on at McKinsey because of his NDA. Since McKinsey was recently revealed to have advised ICE and/or CBP on border issues, that automatically means "Mayo" Pete somehow masterminded caging and starving kids, or something else that makes him as bad as Dump.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

The fact that he had the choice of literally anywhere to work with a Harvard degree and chose McKinsey says enough on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    So apparently the hot new line of attack on "Mayo" Pete is that we don't get to know which projects he worked on at McKinsey because of his NDA. Since McKinsey was recently revealed to have advised ICE and/or CBP on border issues, that automatically means "Mayo" Pete somehow masterminded caging and starving kids, or something else that makes him as bad as Dump.
    I particularly like the editorial board of the NYT all but telling him to violate the NDA because the public needs to know. Yeah, that's not how contacts work. Next they'll ask Warren to violate attorney-client privilege because the voters need to know.

The fact that he had the choice of literally anywhere to work with a Harvard degree and chose McKinsey says enough on its own.
    The fact that you think working for McKinsey (or similar firms) automatically makes someone T3H DEVIL!11!!11 says a lot more about you and your biases than it does about Pete.

Now gimme your watch so I can tell you the time and send you a bill for it.

No it really doesnít, McKinsey is awful and has contributed to the opioid crisis, various genocides, and pretty much every awful thing capitalism has caused. Youíre either completely naive to that fact if you work there or you do it anyway fully recognizing that fact, neither of which is a good quality for a presidential candidate. But this is the guy who thinks Vietnam was an innocent mistake.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-08-2019 at 12:08 PM.

No it really doesnít, McKinsey is awful and has contributed to the opioid crisis, various genocides, and pretty much every awful thing capitalism has caused. Youíre either completely naive to that fact if you work there or you do it anyway fully recognizing that fact, neither of which is a good quality for a presidential candidate and further proof that the guy is a sociopath.
    I worked at one of their top competitors. I didnít often know what other people were working on in other industries.
    Lots of other companies and our own government have contributed to all the atrocities youíve mentioned above. Spare us the time and tell us where it is ok to have worked.

Has Peteís spouse been convicted of fraud yet, btw?

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I worked at one of their top competitors. I didnít often know what other people were working on in other industries.
    Lots of other companies and our own government have contributed to all the atrocities youíve mentioned above. Spare us the time and tell us where it is ok to have worked.
    Yeah and someone with a Harvard degree has more responsibility and opportunity to make the world a better place rather than actively worsening it and knowingly working for a company that figured out new ways to pump more opioids into poor communities while also counseling dictators worldwide. Not every company does that lmao but keep making excuses for the sociopath.

And nobody in this race has a wife convicted of anything that Iím aware of.

there's a good buck in that racket.

No it really doesnít, McKinsey is awful and has contributed to the opioid crisis, various genocides, and pretty much every awful thing capitalism has caused. Youíre either completely naive to that fact if you work there or you do it anyway fully recognizing that fact, neither of which is a good quality for a presidential candidate. But this is the guy who thinks Vietnam was an innocent mistake.
    what good is this rant if trix doesn't include the saudi hitlist creation?!!?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    what good is this rant if trix doesn't include the saudi hitlist creation?!!?
    from his book re that topic
    I think you have a lot of smart, well-intentioned people who sometimes view the world in a very innocent way. I wrote my thesis on Graham Greene, who said that innocence is like a dumb leper that has lost his bell, wandering the world, meaning no harm.
    Yeah ok Pete.

Yeah and someone with a Harvard degree has more responsibility and opportunity to make the world a better place rather than actively worsening it and knowingly working for a company that figured out new ways to pump more opioids into poor communities while also counseling dictators worldwide. Not every company does that lmao but keep making excuses for the sociopath.

And nobody in this race has a wife convicted of anything that Iím aware of.
    Donít look up where a lot of Harvard grads are, it will depress you.

I donít doubt that.

Yeah and someone with a Harvard degree has more responsibility and opportunity to make the world a better place...
    No they don't. Graduating from an Ivy usually means you spent too much money on your business degree so you could network with and possibly marry other rich schlubs.

On that point youíre dead on.

Thread Information