X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Exactly. I'm sure it's perfectly coincidental that it's exactly the narrative the Republicans and the Russians (same thing) want to push.
    Well they already won over Scooby and what's the old saying? "As Scooby goes, so goes the nation..."
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Well they already won over Scooby and what's the old saying? "As Scooby goes, so goes the nation..."
      Another crock of **** that isn't true.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        So Rover was right...it is a Politico story. Pardon me if I roll my eyes a bit.
        I mean, I laugh when Freep refers to it as "Pollutico", but I also wouldn't put it past Obama to privately say something like this to the concerned organizer of a big money speaking engagement.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I mean, I laugh when Freep refers to it as "Pollutico", but I also wouldn't put it past Obama to privately say something like this to the concerned organizer of a big money speaking engagement.
          Explain the logic to me. Why would he promise to launch a public challenge to Sanders AFTER he jumped into a big lead? That. Makes. No. Sense. So either 1) Obama has become illogical to an insane degree, or 2) He openly prefers Trump to Sanders since an intraparty war ensures Chump's re-election.

Do you really believe any of this?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

The problem is that it lines up with what he just said recently (and was argued about ITT).

Comment

Explain the logic to me. Why would he promise to launch a public challenge to Sanders AFTER he jumped into a big lead? That. Makes. No. Sense. So either 1) Obama has become illogical to an insane degree, or 2) He openly prefers Trump to Sanders since an intraparty war ensures Chump's re-election.

Do you really believe any of this?
              Or he was saying something quietly, in confidence, to a big donor (plutocrat) to quell his fears of Warren and Sanders.

But, keep saying it could never happen.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                The problem is that it lines up with what he just said recently (and was argued about ITT).
                Source, please?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Or he was saying something quietly, in confidence, to a big donor (plutocrat) to quell his fears of Warren and Sanders.

But, keep saying it could never happen.
                  I will say that because its idiotic. If someone wants to say to me that Obama prefers Biden or Buttigieg over Sanders/Warren then sure I can see that. But its a BIIIIG leap between that and he's openly going to torpedo a front runner (Sanders) AFTER he opened up a big lead.

Comment

I will say that because its idiotic. If someone wants to say to me that Obama prefers Biden or Buttigieg over Sanders/Warren then sure I can see that. But its a BIIIIG leap between that and he's openly going to torpedo a front runner (Sanders) AFTER he opened up a big lead.
                    Maybe he assumes that Bernie will never get a big lead and was trying to settle down a big donor and get out of the conversation?

Comment

Journalism used to have standards. It was a regulated profession with ethics, standards, and self-policing. It's not my fault that doesn't exist anymore.
                      I wasnt rolling my eyes at you...I was rolling them at the story

Now...if there is truth to it then Obama is in the wrong here. I think he should stay out of it for now. If he wants to endorse when we get into the voting phases fine but otherwise it is best if he just stays away.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Maybe he assumes that Bernie will never get a big lead and was trying to settle down a big donor and get out of the conversation?
                        That would be believable but that isnt how Politico is framing it and you know it. This is like when someone takes some random thing Hillary said and then post the headline "Hillary Hasnt Ruled Out Running Again" except for the fact that she has and never hinted otherwise. Politico is clickbaiting.

I dont think Obama wants Bernie winning, and I dont doubt for a second that behind the scenes RIGHT NOW he is probably trying to ensure a candidate he likes better is wins. I highly doubt though that someone who is a pretty good strategist is going to wait until the point when Bernie is on the precipice of victory to take him down. That is ridiculous Scooby.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That would be my guess.

Comment

So now you and Fade are mind readers, based on an imaginary conversation that doubtfully ever happened!

I'm going to play this game and imagine a conversation between the two of you which may or may not have happened, but you might not like what I come up with. Who knows, I might even get Politico to cover it.

Comment

So now you and Fade are mind readers, based on an imaginary conversation that doubtfully ever happened!

I'm going to play this game and imagine a conversation between the two of you which may or may not have happened, but you might not like what I come up with. Who knows, I might even get Politico to cover it.
                              Politico isn't interested in me. My interest level is in negative digits while Obama is still in the high '90's. That's why what he says is considered news.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                That would be believable but that isnt how Politico is framing it and you know it. This is like when someone takes some random thing Hillary said and then post the headline "Hillary Hasnt Ruled Out Running Again" except for the fact that she has and never hinted otherwise. Politico is clickbaiting.

I dont think Obama wants Bernie winning, and I dont doubt for a second that behind the scenes RIGHT NOW he is probably trying to ensure a candidate he likes better is wins.
                                Knowing nothing about this story except the discussion here, this rings most true to me.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 11-26-2019, 04:01 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X