Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Rebuilding

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

And you can...i won't.
    "If you let idiocy and hypocrisy stand...idiocy and hypocrisy think it's ok."
    Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

First Scooby writes:

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's comical the way you people keep making things up like you can read my mind. You can't. Stop trying.
    But in the next sentence, he writes:

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'll bet all the candidates play "appease" the donor over and over and over again. Especially the clowns that take the big money. Biden, I'm looking right at you.
    Sooo... don't read your mind, but trust you to read the minds of others? Okaaayyy then.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    And you can...i won't.
    "If you let idiocy and hypocrisy stand...idiocy and hypocrisy think it's ok."
    Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
    Exactly right. Scooby's defeatism cannot be allowed to go unchecked. Saying Obama is working against certain Dem candidates is the kind of Russian intelligence agency trolling that the Republicans are counting on us to engage in. Darn right we should oppose it whenever it pops up.
    Last edited by Rover; 11-29-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    First Scooby writes:

But in the next sentence, he writes:

Sooo... don't read your mind, but trust you to read the minds of others? Okaaayyy then.

Exactly right. Scooby's defeatism cannot be allowed to go unchecked. Saying Obama is working against certain Dem candidates is the kind of Russian intelligence agency trolling that the Republicans are counting on us to engage in. Darn right we should oppose it whenever it pops up.
    Again. That is NOT what was stated.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I don't get what you guys hope to gain by doing this. The more we tear each other down the more we are distracted and weakened for the only contest that matters.

You don't high stick in the intrasquad game.
    ticap says this is what the Primaries are for
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

I don't get what you guys hope to gain by doing this. The more we tear each other down the more we are distracted and weakened for the only contest that matters.

You don't high stick in the intrasquad game.
    I know that but it isn't my point. The time we spend b-tching each other out is time we waste not finding ways to talk to each other, keep morale up, and craft messaging that will get our people to the polls and maybe convince that unicorn sliver of undecideds who I actually don't believe exist but maybe do in which case we need a strategy with them. Plus I've seen (committed) animosities between erstwhile rivals develop here that look like the very schisms between allies in the real world that we deplore.

This is just my opinion: let it alone. If an ally says something that's nonsense, let it die of loneliness. By responding to it you make it more important than it is -- you promote it from "just one person's opinion" to "the topic of conversation." You're breathing life into it.

I have been guilty of all the sins I am decrying here so I am a big fat hypocrite. I will probably do it again -- maybe even today. I'm saying I'm trying to change that behavior because I think it's destructive and in these actually perilous times we can't afford to commit own goals, and I'm asking others to consider acting likewise.
    You saw the Bill Maher "New Rule" from two weeks back, didn't you?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    You saw the Bill Maher "New Rule" from two weeks back, didn't you?
    Bill Maher hasn't been on his game since Trump was elected.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Online leftists killed Hickenlooper???? And they're the delusional ones?

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Online leftists killed Hickenlooper???? And they're the delusional ones?
    It's like beating Punchy Joe or whatever his name was on the old Nintendo's Punch-Out.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    It's like beating Punchy Joe or whatever his name was on the old Nintendo's Punch-Out.
    Glass Joe. Was a take off Glass Jaw.

What in the actual fark, Biden?

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Glass Joe. Was a take off Glass Jaw.
    Thank you. I never played the game, just knew about it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Yep, still here

What in the actual fark, Biden?

Barring a collapse from poor showings in Iowa/NH, it's going to be him.

He's getting 60% of black voters over 45. No one else is over 10% there
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Barring a collapse from poor showings in Iowa/NH, it's going to be him.

He's getting 60% of black voters over 45. No one else is over 10% there
    I'm so excited.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Blacks are 10% of the electorate and so 20% of the Democratic electorate. 50% (60%-10%) x 20% = 10%.

This would be heresy for Kos or academia or on the campaign trail and I'll deny I ever said it, but... blacks are not that important.
    Last edited by Kepler; 12-02-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Blacks are 10% of the electorate and so 20% of the Democratic electorate. This would be heresy for Kos or academia or on the campaign trail,, but... they just are not that important.
    True. But they're a huge part of the primary electorate in a lot of states.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Blacks are 10% of the electorate and so 20% of the Democratic electorate. This would be heresy for Kos or academia or on the campaign trail,, but... they just are not that important.
    My understanding is non-whites (which of course includes Hispanics) make up 40% of the Dem primary voters. Will try to dig up something more specific.

In short, they're critical. Something Sanders found out the hard way in 2016.

In the general they're about 30-35%.

Good breakdown here: https://www.brookings.edu/research/t...rimary-voters/

Looks like blacks are 24% of primary voters, Hispanics 9% and Asians 7%.
    Last edited by Rover; 12-02-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Yep, still here

Blacks are 10% of the electorate and so 20% of the Democratic electorate. 50% (60%-10%) x 20% = 10%.

This would be heresy for Kos or academia or on the campaign trail and I'll deny I ever said it, but... they just are not that important.
    It's a massive chunk of delegates though, which *are* important.

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    My understanding is non-whites (which of course includes Hispanics) make up 40% of the Dem primary voters. Will try to dig up something more specific.

In short, they're critical. Something Sanders found out the hard way in 2016.

In the general they're about 30-35%.

A Democratic candidate cannot win the nomination by being lily white, but they could easily win if they appealed to every constituency except black voters.

The party is changing, moving away from identity issues and towards economics. Blacks are very comfortable with the old way the party was structured towards Balkanized constituent service based on identity. They don't trust economics-based liberalism because they understand that the old Democratic preference was for supporting downtrodden identity groups against white lower class racism. They assume if the model of liberalism in the US becomes more like the European model then racism will come back into liberal politics in the guide of support of economically disadvantaged whites. They're probably not wrong because race is still a huge deal in this country among the uneducated (white and black).

It's growing pains. We can be an identity party and keep fighting 50/50 elections against Nazis, and lose half the time, or we can be a working class party and start fighting 60/40 elections against Plutes, and win most of the time. We must choose, and the CBC isn't going to like the logical choice.
    Last edited by Kepler; 12-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

If it's Biden, say hello to another four years of Trump. Those two senile old fcks on a debate stage is going to depress voter turnout like none other.

Thread Information