X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I meant that Abrams would be a great Veep pick to beat Dump. I didn't mean to suggests that Abrams would help him win the nom if he chose her before the convention was locked.

As a rule I hate it when candidates chose their Veeps early. The convention is the appropriate place for that because it should be in consultation with the party. It's the nominee's final choice, but beforehand everybody should have their say so there are no nasty surprises afterwards.

My Veep picks for beating Dump:

Biden. Best: Castro. Worst: a white guy
    Warren. Best: Buttigieg. Worst: Sanders
    Sanders. Best: Harris. Worst: Warren
    Buttigieg. Best: Abrams. Worst: a white guy
    Quite a contrast. Most Ds would like to see a woman on the ticket or at least someone who is not white and male. The Rs, meanwhile, have an old white male in the Oval who boasts that he grabs women by the puzzy and an old white male VP who refuses to be alone in a room with a woman.

Comment

It’s only one poll but Mayor Pete seems to be slowly gaining traction...

Up by 10 points over Biden and Warren in New Hampshire:

https://www.wmur.com/article/saint-a...in-nh/29849189

Comment

I meant that Abrams would be a great Veep pick to beat Dump. I didn't mean to suggests that Abrams would help him win the nom if he chose her before the convention was locked.

As a rule I hate it when candidates chose their Veeps early. The convention is the appropriate place for that because it should be in consultation with the party. It's the nominee's final choice, but beforehand everybody should have their say so there are no nasty surprises afterwards.

My Veep picks for beating Dump:

Sanders and Warren won't run together. They are both Democratic senators in states that have GOP governors (although VT is up for election) with a senate that might be 50-50 after November. If both were on a winning ticket any chance of a Democratic majority in the senate is gone. That also means neither can take a cabinet position if the other wins the White House.

I still think Andrew Gillum would be the perfect VP candidate for any of them.

Comment

Gillum is a great VP pick.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            The police union met with and then lobbied for Pete after it was obvious that he was going to fire the chief, were happy that the white people would be in charge again, and then the chief was fired. And he won't release the tapes. Seems like a logical conclusion to draw here.
            Your conclusion you repeatedly cite as fact.

Comment

I believe you saw the same thing I did which was a predicted delegate count. He wasn't actually polling at zero, it was like 8%, but that would net him zero delegates.
              Yeah, but that’s a stupid way to do a poll unless you have some serious understanding of how the process works.

IIRC, there are something like half the delegates awarded by district, another quarter proportionally by statewide returns, an eighth of pledged delegates, and an eighth unpledged who don’t matter unless we go to a second ballot. South Carolina has something like 60 delegates.

You’d have to be polling at I suppose under 7% to miss all proportional. But then there’s the district-awarded delegates. That’s way to complex to say he’d get none. Or any candidate I suppose.

Edit note: the numbers above are extremely rough. It’s far more complicated on how the delegate ratios actually work.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                What I do point out is that many posters on this board do personally attack Bernie and then act like trix committed assault by referring to Mayor Pete as a sociopath. What was that Kepler just posted about being a hypocrite?
                If there's one thing I've learned from hanging around here for over a decade, and from occasionally wading into the "woke" Twitter hashtag swamp the last few years, it's to avoid taking any one post, or its poster, too seriously. That is, unless said poster demonstrates an obvious pattern of being sick in the head (Flag).

So lighten up, Francis. Internets are not serious bizness.

Comment

I meant that Abrams would be a great Veep pick to beat Dump.

dude, where do you live?!!?
                  fat colored broad is a loser.
                  indian and homo is a loser
                  commie and a good looking colored broad is a loser
                  homo and a fat colored broad
                  castro?!?!?!?! fidel's nephew?!?!

you live in america!! :P
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Fat colored broad? Jesus mookie

Comment

Bernie is being repeatedly personally attacked here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Bernie is being repeatedly personally attacked here?
                        My mistake. Referring to him as "BernGod" is really just a term of affection.

Comment

That's a knock on his sycophants not Bernie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            That's a knock on his sycophants not Bernie.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Fat colored broad? Jesus mookie
                              He's calling it out the way the current GOP would. Basically - don't be caught unawares.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

are you really this clueless?

Comment

Working...
                                X