• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Projection from centrists, who could’ve seen it coming

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      That won't happen. They'll keep running to kick the football and Lucy (Republicans) will keep pulling the football away. And the circle will continue over and over and over and over again. Just like it has since 1980.
      OK, Chicken Little.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        OK, Chicken Little.
        The Dems should never act like Republicans but they have to act like Republicans to pass the policies they want.

See, even I understand what Scoobs is saying.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The things you say to win the Democratic Primary may not be the things you then say to win the general election. Thus is politics. Also, the 2020 election is first and foremost a referendum on the incumbent President. Make it about the guy stuck at 41-42% approval.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

lolololololololololol. This is so true:
            Democrats are like, “Once in 1987 a candidate did three days of work for a company that wasn’t carbon neutral so they may have irreparably compromised their ethics.”

Republicans are like, “F it. Nominate the rapist.”
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              lolololololololololol. This is so true:
              Democrats are like, “Once in 1987 a candidate did three days of work for a company that wasn’t carbon neutral so they may have irreparably compromised their ethics.”

Republicans are like, “F it. Nominate the rapist.”
              now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
                FOOLED YoU!!!!
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  The Dems should never act like Republicans but they have to act like Republicans to pass the policies they want.

See, even I understand what Scoobs is saying.
                  No question Ds need to be prepared to be much tougher in the corners. But it's not a question of whether they should act like Rs, because what works with Rs does not work as well with Ds. There have been plenty of studies (some of them discussed here) showing that the conservative mind has a more active fear response. As a result, conservative voters can be reached with scare tactics about minorities who will take over their control, atheists who will take away their god, Poor people who will take away their paychecks, and any other group that represents cultural change. Rs are very good at those scare tactics, and they have served them well. If Dems try to scare their base with those kind of tactics, they will not get the same response.

If this upcoming election is all about that small percentage of voters in that small handful of battleground states, I"m not sure what strategy or candidate is best, but I have a feeling it comes down to door-to-door and telephone work--lots of it. Big money media stuff too, of course, but nothing can replace local networking. You're not calling or visiting dumpers trying to dissuade them, and you're not calling or visiting Ds who have turned out consistently for a generation, except to solicit help. You are contacting those Ds and Is who either flipped in '16 or stayed home. If you live in WI, like I do, you have a job to do.
                  Last edited by burd; 12-10-2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

the problem with outright saying the republicans are terrorists (even though it is true) is that 2/3 of the voters disagree with you. 1/3 fully support the terrorists and another 1/3 are like Drew. Pete is showing he is better than the terrorists. Saying you'll refuse to work with them will play well with a portion of the primary voters (not even all) and a minority of the general election voters.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      the problem with outright saying the republicans are terrorists (even though it is true) is that 2/3 of the voters disagree with you. 1/3 fully support the terrorists and another 1/3 are like Drew. Pete is showing he is better than the terrorists. Saying you'll refuse to work with them will play well with a portion of the primary voters (not even all) and a minority of the general election voters.
                      Name one Republican that runs on working with Democrats. One.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

GOP governors in the northeast, maybe.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          GOP governors in the northeast, maybe.
                          You mean like Lepage from Maine?
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            You mean like Lepage from Maine?
                            Vermont, Maryland, and Massachusetts.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Vermont, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
                              So, a large cross section. Like the Democrats.

Comment

I think this sums up nicely

Comment

Working...
                                X