X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

i'm not too worried about our current amount of debt

I am worried that we're still running $1T+ deficits every year with no realistic plan to reduce them to sustainable levels

ignoring that makes about as much sense as ignoring climate change

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      i'm not too worried about our current amount of debt

I am worried that we're still running $1T+ deficits every year with no realistic plan to reduce them to sustainable levels

ignoring that makes about as much sense as ignoring climate change
      We don’t have the will to fix anything.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I do.

Raise taxes on the rich and repatriate all their hidden assets to cover the shortfall.

They caused it.

When they obstruct, assess additional penalties and just take it all.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          We do. Hard to do a lot at the federal level when republicans hold the senate and presidency

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            We do. Hard to do a lot at the federal level when republicans hold the senate and presidency
            I’m not just talking about politicians. There are citizens such as yourself who truly would like to make the country a better place and are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to do so, but unfortunately you are very much in the minority.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I’m not just talking about politicians. There are citizens such as yourself who truly would like to make the country a better place and are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to do so, but unfortunately you are very much in the minority.
              I was at a conference yesterday regarding climate (although it was at a big ten school so kep will tell me nothing they do is useful). They’re doing a ton of research, but they need funding. And local level politics can help- that was a big point from yesterday. City councils can enact good environmental laws and it’s a start.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                And I'll ask this in response to my own post below. When are the people in this country going to figure out that the stock market doesn't do enough for them that a trillion dollar tax cut just to boost it is a bad deal?
                When the media stops report the Dow Jones all day every day. People are conditioned to believe that the Stock Market is the harbinger of the economy which it hasnt been for a long time. (if it ever truly was)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  When the media stops report the Dow Jones all day every day. People are conditioned to believe that the Stock Market is the harbinger of the economy which it hasnt been for a long time. (if it ever truly was)
                  That's never going to happen. When are we going to start teaching in schools what people really need to know to be an informed citizen in this country?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I was at a conference yesterday regarding climate (although it was at a big ten school so kep will tell me nothing they do is useful). They’re doing a ton of research, but they need funding. And local level politics can help- that was a big point from yesterday. City councils can enact good environmental laws and it’s a start.
                    Drew is right though (yeah...I said it) there are people like us who are willing to make the sacrifices...but we are the exception not the rule. (this is where Kep tells us how every Lefty is pure even though all evidence proves otherwise)

Me and you have this conversation all the time, we used to live in one of the most liberal cities in one of the most liberal states in the Union...a city so liberal they screwed up their already narrow roads to make bike paths so nimrod Lance Armstrong wannabes can break the rules alongside our cars on the way to the co-op before getting their vegan dog treats. And even here people dont want to pay their taxes all while complaining their roads arent plowed and the sidewalks arent salted 5 seconds after they see flurries are in the forecast.

Most people want everything but will sacrifice little to get there. Left or Right, GOP or Democrat it doesnt matter. Our side has less selfish *****s but there are still plenty and we all know it.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That's never going to happen. When are we going to start teaching in schools what people really need to know to be an informed citizen in this country?
                      When the average person starts caring about schools again. Dont hold your breathe.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is an excellent idea. They should report on the Gini Coefficient or some measure of how life it for real Americans.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's never going to happen.
                          Why not? News shows could decide to do that tomorrow. I'm sure their Finance advertisers would be enraged, but f-ck them. Time to start paying attention to Main Street before it ceases to exist.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Why not? News shows could decide to do that tomorrow. I'm sure their Finance advertisers would be enraged, but f-ck them. Time to start paying attention to Main Street before it ceases to exist.
                            Have you been paying attention to what news shows are doing these days?
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Have you been paying attention to what news shows are doing these days?
                              A man with no hope is a man with no future.

Suck it up, Buttercup. We have a world to win for my daughter. Your defeatism is not welcome.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Its easy and supports their horse-race approach to all news. They do not report on what policies are advanced by whom at a debate; rather, they report on who "won." We consumers are partly responsible. We don't have the time or patience to digest substantive news that requires either work or prior knowledge of any kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X