This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Democrats (Managers) build the middle class and stabilize the economy by setting the Poors and the Workers against the Republicans (Plutes).

Republicans (Plutes) destroy the middle class and destabilize the economy by setting the Workers against the Poors and the Democrats (Managers).

In each case the Workers are the key since they are the only element that moves.

My solution for the Democrats to destroy the Republicans for the forseeable future: free the Workers from all taxes. Uncap all payrolls taxes. Raise the exemption to cover Worker incomes. End all regressive taxes (sales tax, corporate tax). Hike the higher marginal income rates, eliminate the distinction between earned and unearned income and tax cap gains at the same rate, and institute a modest wealth tax (let's start at 5%) above a Manager wealth cut off.

Feed the economy, save the Workers. F-ck the Plutes, save the world.
    Last edited by Kepler; 12-11-2019, 12:27 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Democrats (Managers) build the middle class and stabilize the economy by setting the Poors and the Workers against the Republicans (Plutes).

Republicans (Plutes) destroy the middle class and destabilize the economy by setting the Workers against the Poors and the Democrats (Managers).

In each case the Workers are the key since they are the only element that moves.
      Democratic Policies are 23 Trillion dollars in the hole to Republican Policies.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Democratic Policies are 23 Trillion dollars in the hole to Republican Policies.
        Annex the Caymans.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Annex the Caymans.
          Works for me.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

In an argument between Scooby and mookie, I'm rooting for them to both lose. Having said that, mookie is right on this one. Nobody even tries to sell trickle down economics anymore. It had its usefulness a couple of decades ago but its as dead to the GOP as the notion that Russia is an enemy of the USA!
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              In an argument between Scooby and mookie, I'm rooting for them to both lose. Having said that, mookie is right on this one. Nobody even tries to sell trickle down economics anymore. It had its usefulness a couple of decades ago but its as dead to the GOP as the notion that Russia is an enemy of the USA!
              So, what do you call it then when they purposely sell the last tax cut as a tax cut for the middle class when clearly it was anything but. I was told numerous times in news reports on TV and newspapers, online, and in commercials that I was getting something. I'm still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                So, what do you call it then when they purposely sell the last tax cut as a tax cut for the middle class when clearly it was anything but. I was told numerous times in news reports on TV and newspapers, online, and in commercials that I was getting something. I'm still waiting.
                Are you sure that wasn't all in your head Scooby? What I generally heard about the last tax cut for GOP campaign contributors was that tax rates were too high for corporations compared to the rest of the world and that this would help their competitiveness. I heard nothing about people on the lower end of the spectrum having their lives impacted by upper income tax cuts (the crux of trickle down). Perhaps that's because the bill was widely unpopular so they didn't even try.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Are you sure that wasn't all in your head Scooby? What I generally heard about the last tax cut for GOP campaign contributors was that tax rates were too high for corporations compared to the rest of the world and that this would help their competitiveness. I heard nothing about people on the lower end of the spectrum having their lives impacted by upper income tax cuts (the crux of trickle down). Perhaps that's because the bill was widely unpopular so they didn't even try.
                  You are remembering wrong. But, whatever.

Just let me know when we get the 23 trillion back.

Comment

Bloomberg offered $10 million to help endangered House Democrats.

Why not try for the Senate, geniuses? The thing that we actually need more than the White House?

Democrats are terrible campaigners.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Bloomberg offered $10 million to help endangered House Democrats.

Why not try for the Senate, geniuses? The thing that we actually need more than the White House?

Democrats are terrible campaigners.
                      I'm sure this didn't occur to anyone.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Not to get all factual, but the stable genius himself touted it as "above all else a jobs bill." Which is ummmmmmmm, what do you call it when you give corporations a whole lot more money and expect them to flow it out to the people?

Comment

Working...
                        X