X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Thanks for your valuable one liner dumbass

In all seriousness Obama had an entire army of grass roots support that he completely gutted. That might’ve been helpful in combatting the tea party or at least keeping his base engaged. Obviously that’s not the only critique of him that lead to the current situation but acting like the wave result had nothing to do with him would be equally silly.

As we now know, that grand vision for a postcampaign movement never came to fruition. Instead of mobilizing his unprecedented grassroots machine to pressure obstructionist lawmakers, support state and local candidates who shared his vision, and counter the Tea Party, Obama mothballed his campaign operation, bottling it up inside the Democratic National Committee. It was the seminal mistake of his presidency—one that set the tone for the next eight years of dashed hopes, and helped pave the way for Donald Trump to harness the pent-up demand for change Obama had unleashed.

“We lost this election eight years ago,” concludes Michael Slaby, the campaign’s chief technology officer. “Our party became a national movement focused on general elections, and we lost touch with nonurban, noncoastal communities. There is a straight line between our failure to address the culture and systemic failures of Washington and this election result.”
    https://newrepublic.com/article/140245/obamas-lost-army-inside-fall-grassroots-machine
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 11-16-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I mean, MN has been reliably blue for prez unlike our neighbors so maybe we’re different.
      Careful how with your distinctions. Minn went Blue by only 1.5% in the '16 presidential race and Wi was Red by only 1%. Pretty slim difference, certainly not enough to make easy generalizations moving forward.

Now, WI has recently committed egregious electoral sins with the likes of Walker, Johnson, and our last Supreme Ct. member which Minn has pretty much avoided (well, excepting Bachmann), but the presidential edges were very thin in both places.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Thanks for your valuable one liner dumbass

In all seriousness Obama had an entire army of grass roots support that he completely gutted. That might’ve been helpful in combatting the tea party or at least keeping his base engaged. Obviously that’s not the only critique of him that lead to the current situation but acting like the wave result had nothing to do with him would be equally silly.

https://newrepublic.com/article/140245/obamas-lost-army-inside-fall-grassroots-machine

It's not Obama ALONE that did or didn't do anything.
        So yeah...when you push that narrative while claiming anything else is out of touch with reality...you get the replies you do.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Well at least you moved to strawmanning, baby steps I guess. The reality is he paved the way for 2016 which was as much a referendum of the party establishment and him as much as it was Hillary. I’ve never claimed it’s all or nothing (you can go back a whole page and read it yourself) just that he bares a lot of responsibility for what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Well at least you moved to strawmanning, baby steps I guess. The reality is he paved the way for 2016 which was as much a referendum of the party establishment and him as much as it was Hillary. I’ve never claimed it’s all or nothing (you can go back a whole page and read it yourself) just that he bares a lot of responsibility for what happened.
            The party bares responsibility...not a lot of it is based on one person at all and never has been.
            You wanna keep rehashing 2016 fine...but continuing to parrot the same narrative over and over does not and will not make you right.
            Just like Scooby and his chicken littling doesn't make him right.
            I await your next insult...
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              Careful how with your distinctions. Minn went Blue by only 1.5% in the '16 presidential race and Wi was Red by only 1%. Pretty slim difference, certainly not enough to make easy generalizations moving forward.

Now, WI has recently committed egregious electoral sins with the likes of Walker, Johnson, and our last Supreme Ct. member which Minn has pretty much avoided (well, excepting Bachmann), but the presidential edges were very thin in both places.
              I remember hearing we were gonna go red since the margin shrunk for the gwb first term. Then George did what George did and that margin got buffer again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I remember hearing we were gonna go red since the margin shrunk for the gwb first term. Then George did what George did and that margin got buffer again.
                Minn has a strong tradition for liberal presidential candidates, with Hump, Mondale, McCarthy (Stassen ). But it has a significant rural population and vulnerable to the kind of shyt that has happened here in WI, which has its own strong liberal tradition.

Comment

The difference is though the Liberal Cities so out population the rural areas it would take a clean sweep of every rural voter to win. The MNGOP proved that with their stupid attempt at stopping Gay Marriage.

Wisconsin has a different ratio.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

There can be no Uniter. The country is legitimately split, with approximately one-third of voters trapped in a radical right emotional spiral of identity and hatred. We have to hack off that limb. There is no negotiating with it. We have to get the other two-thirds of the country together and say Adolph doesn't get to play any more reindeer games.
                    This, this, this.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Guys, did you hear Liz Warren is secretly a Republican?! Also, she has girl-cooties!

Comment

Lol. He’s part of the cult.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Guys, did you hear Liz Warren is secretly a Republican?! Also, she has girl-cooties!
                          I hear they have a shot for that now...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            But does insurance cover it?
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              But does insurance cover it?
                              Only under Bernie’s plan.

Liz wants to give that money to insurance CEOs
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                But it causes Autism.

Comment

Working...
                                X