Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Dont drag me into your Chicken Little syndrome. Just because I think people are cheap and selfish doesnt mean I want to give up or that I think any problem cant be fixed. I just think they WONT be fixed until people shift their thinking and priorities.

I always believe things can get better I just understand they might not. You have never once put out that idea you quit before the fight is fought
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Dont drag me into your Chicken Little syndrome. Just because I think people are cheap and selfish doesnt mean I want to give up or that I think any problem cant be fixed. I just think they WONT be fixed.

I always believe things can get better I just understand they might not. You have never once put out that idea you quit before the fight is fought
    Consider yourself unf-cked.

It's fine to be aware that there are powerful forces arrayed against us. It's fine to be aware that humans are lazy unless activated -- I know I am.

But we still have to fight. "If we stop breathing, we die. If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die."
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Drew is right though (yeah...I said it) there are people like us who are willing to make the sacrifices...but we are the exception not the rule. (this is where Kep tells us how every Lefty is pure even though all evidence proves otherwise)

Me and you have this conversation all the time, we used to live in one of the most liberal cities in one of the most liberal states in the Union...a city so liberal they screwed up their already narrow roads to make bike paths so nimrod Lance Armstrong wannabes can break the rules alongside our cars on the way to the co-op before getting their vegan dog treats. And even here people dont want to pay their taxes all while complaining their roads arent plowed and the sidewalks arent salted 5 seconds after they see flurries are in the forecast.

Most people want everything but will sacrifice little to get there. Left or Right, GOP or Democrat it doesnt matter. Our side has less selfish *****s but there are still plenty and we all know it.
    I realize city councils can screw things up. I’m probably referring more to climate here.
    One of the other things I enjoyed from yesterday was how the actual scientists talked about the fact republicans will say “I don’t believe in climate change” and how wrong that is. They also talked about how it’s complete bs that people say all journalism is subjective. Facts are facts and if you deny those, you deny reality and you’re doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Consider yourself unf-cked.

It's fine to be aware that there are powerful forces arrayed against us. It's fine to be aware that humans are lazy unless activated -- I know I am.

But we still have to fight. "If we stop breathing, we die. If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die."
    I didnt force myself to watch a bunch of GOPers pontificate about Chalupas for funsies
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I realize city councils can screw things up. I’m probably referring more to climate here.
    One of the other things I enjoyed from yesterday was how the actual scientists talked about the fact republicans will say “I don’t believe in climate change” and how wrong that is. They also talked about how it’s complete bs that people say all journalism is subjective. Facts are facts and if you deny those, you deny reality and you’re doing damage.
    One of the reasons our mutual Republican friend is no longer a supporter is because he believes in science and they dont. Well that and Trump is a moron and he has a daughter so supporting Anti-Woman candidates isnt really gonna work

Cities and States are going to need to make the choices because we cant trust the Fed to do it even when smart people are in charge. Too much money involved. Hell energy rebates are a way in as well I know I was incentivized to be more energy efficient because of them. I know I will look into more and will incur whatever cost is needed.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

he has a daughter so supporting Anti-Woman candidates isnt really gonna work
    I have many co-workers with daughters who are all in on Dump and the GOP. Some are women. Ideology is a hell of a drug.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yeah. But Handy posted that we can't fix education and no one said a word.
    But but but...Handy did it first!

JFC...chicken little indeed.

Dont drag me into your Chicken Little syndrome. Just because I think people are cheap and selfish doesnt mean I want to give up or that I think any problem cant be fixed. I just think they WONT be fixed until people shift their thinking and priorities.

Who gave up? I didn't give up in my post. People sure jump to conclusions around here.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

I have many co-workers with daughters who are all in on Dump and the GOP. Some are women. Ideology is a hell of a drug.
    He has never been an Idealogue...his conservatism isnt religious based either. He is honestly only conservative on fiscal issues...another reason he hates the modern GOP

I cant speak to this 100% but I would guess he doesnt vote in the coming election...not that it matters considering where he lives
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Drew is right though (yeah...I said it) there are people like us who are willing to make the sacrifices...but we are the exception not the rule. (this is where Kep tells us how every Lefty is pure even though all evidence proves otherwise)

Me and you have this conversation all the time, we used to live in one of the most liberal cities in one of the most liberal states in the Union...a city so liberal they screwed up their already narrow roads to make bike paths so nimrod Lance Armstrong wannabes can break the rules alongside our cars on the way to the co-op before getting their vegan dog treats. And even here people dont want to pay their taxes all while complaining their roads arent plowed and the sidewalks arent salted 5 seconds after they see flurries are in the forecast.

Most people want everything but will sacrifice little to get there. Left or Right, GOP or Democrat it doesnt matter. Our side has less selfish *****s but there are still plenty and we all know it.
    Imagine thinking bikes are the problem in 2019 lol.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-06-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Imagine thinking bikes are the problem in 2019 lol.
    Imagine living in the real world. Just for a moment.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Foolish mortals...

Take it from your friendly neighborhood trans girl: If I can remain hopeful for the future and keep fighting even though this administration has tried to rip my people's eyes out and **** the socket...

So can you.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Foolish mortals...

Take it from your friendly neighborhood trans girl: If I can remain hopeful for the future and keep fighting even though this administration has tried to rip my people's eyes out and **** the socket...

So can you.
    Very strong words, MT.

You've been through the ringer in so many ways - more people need to count their blessings and you can be an inspiration for that.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Nah...we dont want him

(its a joke)
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Foolish mortals...

So can you.
    I don't think you realize just how difficult it is to be a straight white Christian male in America today...
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Me and you have this conversation all the time, we used to live in one of the most liberal cities in one of the most liberal states in the Union...a city so liberal they screwed up their already narrow roads to make bike paths so nimrod Lance Armstrong wannabes can break the rules alongside our cars on the way to the co-op before getting their vegan dog treats.
    That is pretty much a perfect description of the greater Seattle metro area. Well done.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    That is pretty much a perfect description of the greater Seattle metro area. Well done.
    I will defend the cyclists in my area. There is a LARGE group (20+) that obey all the rules, do all the proper things, etc. While still annoying at times due to some narrow roads, they do their best to stay out of the way of traffic. That being said, it's contained to my neighborhood only. Other areas, I've only encountered issues with cyclists. Many think they really own the road.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Seattle has more rich white choads pretending they are cool cause the purposefully live on the street and suck up public assistance. The Ave was infected with them like a virus.

Seattle is *** weird.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

I don't think you realize just how difficult it is to be a straight white Christian male in America today...
    Kep, I need brain bleach.

And what I'm suggesting to Scooby and to everyone here: I (and the LGBT community) have endured so much from this administration. I NEED to fight for 2020 to reverse it. I believe "the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death." (Miyamoto Musashi). In other words, I gotta go, and I gotta fight, even if it might not work out.

So the question to you mortals is "are you going to fight alongside me, or do you think it's too hard and you'll stay home?" If you plan on staying home, fine, but MOVE B-TCH, get out the way.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    You should be directing this at the guy who said bikes are somehow a problem during a conversation about the debt lmao.
    I do.

Raise taxes on the rich and repatriate all their hidden assets to cover the shortfall.

They caused it.

When they obstruct, assess additional penalties and just take it all.
    Also this is the obvious answer to “solving” the debt. That and spending govt money on something intelligent for once like infrastructure projects that yield a positive net value wouldn’t hurt (while also keeping or expanding the social safety net because those at the very least go back into the economy rather than some billionaire’s tax haven).
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-06-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Thread Information