Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2019-2020 season thread

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
    I dont think I have ever seen 3 empty net goals before.
    Here's 5.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Here's 5.
      I wonder why

Comment

Didn't even think about the game against Clarkson, after the miracle in the Yale Bowl, until now.

About what I expected.

Comment

Big players winning battles in the corners will be Yale’s bugaboo all season. I thought McNab played well in goal. Seeing that the season is pretty much lost already, they might as well get McNab all the experience he needs. The power play was especially dismal.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

You know it's a bad season when you forget there was even a game the night before. Of course, I was also traveling.

A week off (for the team) is a good thing.
            Last edited by bulldog10jw; 11-27-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

You know it's a bad season when you forget there was even a game the night before. Of course, I was also traveling.

Must be something in the air! This season is Cornell - Harvard - Clarkson with the rest of the ECAC not one of the 3. Colgate's record is better than their team shows me; Brown and Dartmouth seem to be better teams, than Colgate and I do not see Quinnipiac confidence on the ice developing yet with 22 Fresh/Sophs but it will come and they could be surprisingly good in 2nd half.

Comment

I was down in FL and was able to stream the game. Same replay of a stronger team cycling behind Yale’s goalie and wearing Yale down. McNab got yanked after the first. Turning into a lousy season, probably skip MSG at this point.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Great game by Kaczperski and the guys in front of him blocking shots. Amazing, too, what a couple of power plays goal will do for a teams confidence. Let's see if we can play a decent game on a Saturday night.

Comment

Maybe cause for optimism? A solid weekend. Great play by Kaczperski. Two road wins with only one goal allowed. And the ability to hold a lead in the 3rd, something they had trouble with last year. Obviously not against any powerhouses but a step in the right direction.

Comment

Three straight wins. Something that seemed out of reach just a couple of weeks ago. Solid goal tending again by Kaczperski. Crazy amount of penalties on both teams in the 3rd period, but especially Maine didn't help themselves try to get anything going. Next game that counts is after the new year.

Comment

Nice to see the team bounce back. They are still in the hunt in the middle of the ECAC pack. Nice to see Kaczperski get ecac goalie of the week. First award for any Yale player by the league this year. The Greenway penalties were one of the oddest I’ve seen.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

LT, beating the teams you need to win against is positive sign, but New Haven and suburbs are not seeing national championship brand of hockey this season. Quinnipiac, with 22 Fresh/Sophs is in full-on rebuild despite Rand's claims they are not (College Hockey News article), but he has to say that . . . better to hedge since last year was supposed to be a down in the dumper season until it was not. This season, though not-a-rebuild year is going to be a great Yale-Quinnipiac series, as good as they ever were and maybe even better! From the land of the 1st Subway sandwich shoppe in the universe, The Oxford Ale House, Mamoun's Falafel Parlor, White Clam Pizza, Fred Locke Stereo, WPLR, The Yale Repertory Theatre and of course Yale - - this could be the last bad Hockey year for years in Hamden and Yale is never more than a few games from the top of the heap and can be dangerous anytime, every season.

Comment

I did not see either of last weekends games in NY, so I cannot comment on the play of the team. I was in the building last night to see them beat Maine. Best total team effort I have seen all year. Best game I have seen Kaczperski play in net since he arrived in New Haven. He showed an athleticism I have not seen from him before. Played with an air of confidence which I think allowed the forwards and defense to loosen up. Has always been rather mechanical and somewhat slow. Stuffing of a breakaway was huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Winters View Post
                              I did not see either of last weekends games in NY, so I cannot comment on the play of the team. I was in the building last night to see them beat Maine. Best total team effort I have seen all year. Best game I have seen Kaczperski play in net since he arrived in New Haven. He showed an athleticism I have not seen from him before. Played with an air of confidence which I think allowed the forwards and defense to loosen up. Has always been rather mechanical and somewhat slow. Stuffing of a breakaway was huge.
                              Well, that was Maine...

(Will you take Red back, please? I'll fork-over his bus-fare. )
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-11-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Well, that was Maine...

(Will you take Red back, please? I'll fork-over his bus-fare. )
                                At my age, willing to take back his hair. Sticking with Allain for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X