Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Never mind
    Plattsburgh's webcast MO for audio is to come in after the anthem to avoid breaking for it.

Comment

Re: SUNY Plattsburgh 2019-20 - Steve Moffat - Season 1

No Greg Malafronte or Samir Abouelhana on the roster anymore

Comment

So as the nosedive to the bottom of the SUNYAC standings continues, let's look ahead: how does this get fixed? Offense on this team is anemic on a good night. The power play is historically bad (never more evident than watching the last place Blue Devils easily kill off 9 minutes in penalties in the first period last night). They lead the nation in short handed goals allowed (tied with J&W and St. Norbert). They are averaging 2.19 goals per game (good for 79th in the country) including 11 goals during their current 6 game winless streak.

Any ideas?
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          So as the nosedive to the bottom of the SUNYAC standings continues, let's look ahead: how does this get fixed? Offense on this team is anemic on a good night. The power play is historically bad (never more evident than watching the last place Blue Devils easily kill off 9 minutes in penalties in the first period last night). They lead the nation in short handed goals allowed (tied with J&W and St. Norbert). They are averaging 2.19 goals per game (good for 79th in the country) including 11 goals during their current 6 game winless streak.

Any ideas?
          This is d3 hockey,things can change around fasssst,I imagine it will in Platty...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            This is d3 hockey,things can change around fasssst,I imagine it will in Platty...
            While I like your optimism, the problem at Plattsburgh does not rest on the coach behind the bench. Whether you're for Moff or against, he (just like Emery) can only do as much as the school will let him. Call it financial aid packages, financial instability at the top, a dwindling town, old buildings, mediocre academics, not being relevant for over a decade, combined with the emergence of other programs watering down the top end talent to begin with.....this is what you end up with.

And please spare me with the "Plattsburgh has been good a few years this decade...." Many years ago, Plattsburgh was looked at like Norwich, Geneseo, SNC, Oswego (ok not this year for the last two). An annual threat to every team. Every teams big game. People wanted to play there because "it was Plattsburgh". Those times are gone and that ship has sailed. Until something drastic changes (new buildings, better FinAid, bigger budget, better academics ect) I dont forsee Plattsburgh dominating the top of the PWR, RPI, USCHO Poll any time soon. Top level talent just dont choose Plattsburgh anymore. Some of us have been seeing this and saying this for many years now, but other want to keep their red shaded glasses on and pretend there isnt a problem. When you go from playing in your conference championship game for 20+ straight years, to not even making the playoffs where 6 of the 8 teams MAKE IT . Some people say "give Moff some time". This isnt a coach issue, this isnt a system issue. Yes I know the women's team has dominated for over a decade, but women's hockey vs mens hockey at the DIII level is like aples to oranges.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              While I like your optimism, the problem at Plattsburgh does not rest on the coach behind the bench. Whether you're for Moff or against, he (just like Emery) can only do as much as the school will let him. Call it financial aid packages, financial instability at the top, a dwindling town, old buildings, mediocre academics, not being relevant for over a decade, combined with the emergence of other programs watering down the top end talent to begin with.....this is what you end up with.

And please spare me with the "Plattsburgh has been good a few years this decade...." Many years ago, Plattsburgh was looked at like Norwich, Geneseo, SNC, Oswego (ok not this year for the last two). An annual threat to every team. Every teams big game. People wanted to play there because "it was Plattsburgh". Those times are gone and that ship has sailed. Until something drastic changes (new buildings, better FinAid, bigger budget, better academics ect) I dont forsee Plattsburgh dominating the top of the PWR, RPI, USCHO Poll any time soon. Top level talent just dont choose Plattsburgh anymore. Some of us have been seeing this and saying this for many years now, but other want to keep their red shaded glasses on and pretend there isnt a problem. When you go from playing in your conference championship game for 20+ straight years, to not even making the playoffs where 6 of the 8 teams MAKE IT . Some people say "give Moff some time". This isnt a coach issue, this isnt a system issue. Yes I know the women's team has dominated for over a decade, but women's hockey vs mens hockey at the DIII level is like aples to oranges.
              6 of the 9 teams.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Call it financial aid packages, financial instability at the top, a dwindling town, old buildings, mediocre academics,
                There are new and renovated dorms and academic buildings. Stafford was renovated in 08 so short of some donor popping up out of the blue bankrolling it I'd be shocked if there were plans to build a new rink, especially since they're re-doing Memorial Hall.

There's been a changing of the guard and not just in the athletic department since Bruce Delventhal retired. There's a new college President and soon to be a new Provost. The administration is attempting to implement a new academic plan to respond to some of their recent challenges. All of these things will take time to settle before it can be determined if these things make Plattsburgh more attractive to prospective recruits.

Comment

The problems in P'burgh have been there for a long time as Champs points out. To me several are not in play. The support of the fans, the Staddford is a great venue (wish the CC center had all the men's and women's history on display), and history. Those are 3 great selling points to recruit on. The fans in P'burgh have been spoiled by success just like Middlebury for s long time. When that level of success isn't there grumblings start. Yes the university has some roll in recruiting but it is the coach's job to sell the program and get players. The down turn for P'burgh started to happen when Kevin Houle left. He now has a dominant women's hockey program.
                  Oswego'88

Comment

I just hope Platts doesn't fall down the same rabbit hole that Middlebury did. At this point, we have seen coaching turnovers at all 3 of Primelink schools, but only Norwich appears to have made the change without skipping a beat. I enjoyed the days when there was a lot of buzz surrounding the games with both of those two teams - complete with disdain from NU fans for the way the PSU and Midd students would bang on the glass, the way that Emery would slick his hair and work the refs, and the way that Middlebury would just act superior. but all in all the rivalries were great, and I miss that vibe.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Season 1 - heading to the SUNYAC Playoffs.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        🎉💪🏻👍🏻
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Barely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                            Barely.
                            True, we needed both those wins over Potsdam
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

True, we needed both those wins over Potsdam
                              At least it is 5th and not 6th

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Glad the Cards got in. The SUNYACs would not be the same if they did not make it.
                                Oswego '88

Comment

Working...
                                X