SUNY Plattsburgh 2019-20 - Steve Moffat - Season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I'm not going to make any comments about the AD situation or Plattsburgh in general. I'll leave you to speculate on that.

The only thing I will say having ZERO knowledge on the situation and just looking at it objectively...why on god's green earth would Kevin Houle ever leave the setup he's got on the women's side at Plattsburgh?

He makes nearly as much as Emery did, has undeniably the top D-III women's program year in and year out winning five national championships in six years and he's been out of the men's game for 15+ years.

In what world would it make sense for Houle to leave that to try and right the ship on the men's side when Plattsburgh has become a middle of the pack team in its conference?

What incentive is there for Kevin Houle to leave the Plattsburgh women's position for anything else other than maybe a high profile Division I job, if he even had interest in going to that level?

EDIT: I just looked it up through seethroughny and Emery and Houle made basically identical salaries in 2019.
    I am not saying Houle would leave but it is a respect thing. You ask the question knowing what the answer will most likely be. It just keeps the waters calm. I agree with you on that 💯😉.
    Oswego'88

Comment

• Re: SUNY Plattsburgh 2019-20 - Steve Moffat - Season 1

Originally posted by spwood View Post
      Just to refresh everyone's memory, this wasn't a sudden collapse by this program in 2019/2020. After going 20-4-3 in 2015/16, the team has posted records of 17-10-1, 13-12-1, 13-12-2, and 10-14-3. It would seem that the roster has slipped over the last four years. Can they come back? I have my doubts they'll ever be as elite as they once were. I'll be very happy if they become competitive in the SUNYAC conference again.
      I'm familiar with this recruit of yours from his time playing in Florida.

https://www.usphl.com/news_article/show/1094327

Based on his non-committal comments towards the end of the article, he may still be entertaining other potential offers including low-level D1. But he'd be a recruiting win if you can get him to campus.

Comment

Working...
      X