2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Nuutinen is fun to watch regardless of which team you're rooting for. Last week, I heard other fans at Penn State say what I was thinking when she was on the ice: "Man, she looks so big!". She's just so smooth, and I did enjoy watching her play hockey, even when it was costing Penn State.
    You are such a good sport. Well we got our matchup. Hoping for a great game! Enjoyed the 2 minute hilight vid you posted. Heminger is an Ohio product, and tileixhockey picked her to be his unsung hero of the game and she came through on the point shot on that first goal. Nice play. Not entirely unsung as she made the all cha team, but those defenders never get their due.

If I were to pick a Laker unsung hero to make a big impact today I’ll go with KK Theissen. Logs a lot of minutes on a blue line that relies on underclassmen and converted D. A big game out of her today would go a long way to a Laker win.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

Mercyhurst/Penn St game will be interesting. A split last weekend, and 2 ties early in the season. It’ll come down to who wants it more and potential lucky bounces. PP time also a factor.
      The Syracuse/RMU game will be a fun one to watch also.

Comment

Lindsay, today is Brooke Madsen's birthday, and since she's a Penn State senior it would be the right thing to do for Mercyhurst to kind of take its foot off the gas a little bit today. Thanks in advance for you calling Mike Sisti and relaying that to him.

Comment

It was a day for the underclassmen yesterday as Hurst defeated Penn State in the semi 4-1. Sophomore Sarah Nelles got her ninth goal of the season. I’m not sure how long she’s been on a line with Nuutinen and Vasko, but I like it.

Sophomore Perreault had 2 goals including the game winner, and freshmen Jordan Mortlock put up two assists, and Pinto also added an assist. Very encouraging for the future. Vasko also had a goal on the day.

Final is today, vs RMU who put up 5 unanswered goals yesterday vs Cuse to defeat them 5-2.

In a total mom move I accidentally committed to a play date for my kids at the exact same time the final game is happening. The good news is it’s a pickup hockey play date, but still, lol. I will be cheering for Hurst in spirit, even if not watching. Get it done ladies!

As an aside, RMU has been using a hashtag “all gas no brakes.” Hoping too much gas and no brakes sends their season off the rails today. ;-)

Comment

I'll get blacklisted from Pegula Ice Arena, but today I'm a Mercyhurst fan - I hope they beat the snot out of Robert Morris.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
              I'll get blacklisted from Pegula Ice Arena, but today I'm a Mercyhurst fan - I hope they beat the snot out of Robert Morris.
              Lol, always room on our bandwagon. A great challenge but lets gooooooooo!

Comment

Summer Rae with the OT winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                  Summer Rae with the OT winner.
                  Yahoo!!!!! Way to go Lakers!

Comment

Congratulations on the conference championship!!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

Video of Summer Rae Dobson's game winning goal:

https://twitter.com/HurstWHockey/sta...37126415364098

Comment

Lakers cycled puck beautifully prior to OT goal. No one in or near crease when goal was scored. RMU coach challenges goal as girls are celebrating. Refs are like ‘seriously?’. Garbage, classless move.
                        Congrats Lakers

Comment

• Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
                          Lakers cycled puck beautifully prior to OT goal. No one in or near crease when goal was scored. RMU coach challenges goal as girls are celebrating. Refs are like ‘seriously?’. Garbage, classless move.
                          Congrats Lakers
                          Challenging goals is a common thing in the CHA. I did watch the video - it looked like a redo on the first shot wide with the same player coming around the circle twice.

Mercyhurst won the regular season and the CHA for all the Charbles. Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
                            Congrats Lakers
                            Wow that must have made for a strange scene. Clearly a good goal, followed by a Hail Mary call by Colontino I guess.

Love to see how happy the players were to win. It was sweet last year to read almost every senior say their fave memory was 2018 CHA championship or the NCAA game that year. Happy for the Lakers to go down that path again.
                            Last edited by Lindsay; 03-07-2020, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Mercyhurst getting Cornell even though they are the number one seed is a great draw. Staying out of the box is the key as Cornell's pp is to be feared.

Comment

No fans at the game this weekend. Not sure about bands. Hurst would have had fans there, but presumably Cornell would have had more. Such a strange time. I wonder how, if at all, this impacts the benefit of home ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X