2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
    Does anyone have an idea as to why the College Hockey America website doesn’t have standings or stats for this season ? They’re the only conference still showing last seasons’ info. ?
    No clue why not. College Hockey News women's stats is your best bet in the meantime.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Mercyhurst Lakers!

For an alternate site, I would recommend the standings at collegehockeystats.net instead. The standings for College Hockey News are based on three points for a win, which is what conferences like the WCHA Women or the BIG use because they award a bonus point for a shootout (or 3-on-3 OT) winner. AFAIK, the CHA just uses a more basic 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie, which is what collegehockeystats shows. The College Hockey News method is what one typically sees for soccer (3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie).

In any case, I think that the CHA standings are current and accurate here:
      https://chawomenshockey.com/standing...?standings=18&
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Lakers take on RMU today at 3. RMU holds a one point lead in the CHA standings and these teams typically split with each other, and are 5-5 vs each other in their last 10.

I’ll have to check but I don’t think Hurst has been beaten at home this year. Hoping that holds true this weekend. As Arlan and Nicole pointed out in Wednesday Women the CHA is the only conference still up for grabs, which makes this one of the most interesting series in the country this weekend.

Tough to see the loss at LU last weekend - credit to LU on the win... there is something about that road trip that causes trouble for the Lakers. Something to sort out for the future. In the mean time they still control their destiny as they seek a first place finish with 3 tough series remaining: RMU, Cuse and Penn State

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          Lakers take on RMU today at 3. RMU holds a one point lead in the CHA standings and these teams typically split with each other, and are 5-5 vs each other in their last 10.

I’ll have to check but I don’t think Hurst has been beaten at home this year. Hoping that holds true this weekend. As Arlan and Nicole pointed out in Wednesday Women the CHA is the only conference still up for grabs, which makes this one of the most interesting series in the country this weekend.

Tough to see the loss at LU last weekend - credit to LU on the win... there is something about that road trip that causes trouble for the Lakers. Something to sort out for the future. In the mean time they still control their destiny as they seek a first place finish with 3 tough series remaining: RMU, Cuse and Penn State
          That's the gauntlet right there.

Comment

The CHA always seems to be in the same place at this point of every season. Mercyhurst and Robert Morris at the top, and Syracuse playing hardball to the end. For whatever reason, I like Mercyhurst and don't like Robert Morris, so I hope you take two from them this weekend. This is a huge series for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
              For whatever reason, I like Mercyhurst and don't like Robert Morris, so I hope you take two from them this weekend.
              Is part of the reason RMU taking the last three season titles? Back in the days when Mercyhurst was busy winning 387 consecutive CHA titles -- and it might have been a slightly lower number -- the Lakers were a little harder for other CHA teams to like.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                That's the gauntlet right there.
                It sure is. But Hurst was picked to finish number one in the conference. They can feel confident in their ability to get it done. Gotta start with tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Is part of the reason RMU taking the last three season titles? e.
                  That’s my reason, ****it. I do love that it appears they are a program that does everything they can to support their women’s hockey team and I love all they do in their community. but vs Hurst...nope nope nope, don’t like them.

Comment

The CHA always seems to be in the same place at this point of every season. Mercyhurst and Robert Morris at the top, and Syracuse playing hardball to the end. For whatever reason, I like Mercyhurst and don't like Robert Morris, so I hope you take two from them this weekend. This is a huge series for both teams.
                    Is point spread from 1 to 4 tighter than it’s been in the past? It feels like it but who knows. And third is not a done deal by anyone yet either. Always welcome your good vibes for the Hurst Zed.

Comment

Is point spread from 1 to 4 tighter than it’s been in the past? It feels like it but who knows. And third is not a done deal by anyone yet either. Always welcome your good vibes for the Hurst Zed.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/HurstWHoc...71562480869376

The goals from Lakers 5-3 win over RMU yesterday. I have a good feeling about today. In net it was a battle of two freshmen Jenna Silvonen vs Raygan Kirk. 2 pp goals for RMU, and 2 very very late in the period... But they found a way to win and putting four goals plus an empty netter on RMU is something. Some things to clean up for the Hurst but like I said I think today might be the day we see a sweep in this series.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Is part of the reason RMU taking the last three season titles? Back in the days when Mercyhurst was busy winning 387 consecutive CHA titles -- and it might have been a slightly lower number -- the Lakers were a little harder for other CHA teams to like.
                          I really don't know what it is about Mercyhurst rather than Robert Morris, but I've always really looked forward to Penn State playing them. It used to mean a guaranteed whooping, but it's gotten closer as time has gone on and it ends up being just a great weekend of hockey. Overall, in conference standings, Penn State isn't at the point yet of challenging Mercyhurst for a top spot, but the games are always fun.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/HurstWHoc...71562480869376

The goals from Lakers 5-3 win over RMU yesterday. I have a good feeling about today. In net it was a battle of two freshmen Jenna Silvonen vs Raygan Kirk. 2 pp goals for RMU, and 2 very very late in the period... But they found a way to win and putting four goals plus an empty netter on RMU is something. Some things to clean up for the Hurst but like I said I think today might be the day we see a sweep in this series.
                            I wonder why Mike Sisti wouldn't have Kennedy Blair in net for a series as big as this one. Boy, he's got a pipeline to recruits in Finland, doesn't he?

Comment

I wonder why Mike Sisti wouldn't have Kennedy Blair in net for a series as big as this one. Boy, he's got a pipeline to recruits in Finland, doesn't he?
                              I think after Silvonen shut out at LU she earned the start. I am hopeful Blair comes back for a fifth year next year, because she’s been a real positive for Mercyhurst.

Mercyhurst has done well enrolling players of cancelled programs over the years which is a little sad but hopefully it’s been a great second home for the players affected. The three North Dakota players paid immediate dividends and if Nuutinen and Tanskanen helped sell Silvonen on the Hurst, it has really benefited Mercyhurst.

I suspect and hope Silvonen is named to the Finnish roster for the WWC. To that end I’m glad she’s getting some games and wins in to prepare her and make her case for being on the roster. Have to think Silvonen gets the start again today.

Comment

I think after Silvonen shut out at LU she earned the start. I am hopeful Blair comes back for a fifth year next year, because she’s been a real positive for Mercyhurst.

Mercyhurst has done well enrolling players of cancelled programs over the years which is a little sad but hopefully it’s been a great second home for the players affected. The three North Dakota players paid immediate dividends and if Nuutinen and Tanskanen helped sell Silvonen on the Hurst, it has really benefited Mercyhurst.

I suspect and hope Silvonen is named to the Finnish roster for the WWC. To that end I’m glad she’s getting some games and wins in to prepare her and make her case for being on the roster. Have to think Silvonen gets the start again today.
                                Maine took the best one since Nuutinen, Ida Kuoppala. Impressive win by Mercyhurst.

Comment

Working...
                                X