This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I am the same way - I am not a big fan of at least her character but love the show.

I forget if it's 3 or 4 that was just awful - I think it was 3. I am one of the few that hasn't disliked the more recent seasons although 6 was definitely a low point.
    4 was in Pakistan and might be my fav

Comment

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Jack Ryan season 2 is nonsensical even for Clancy. Episode 1 alone would have lead to an all out war.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Jack Ryan season 2 is nonsensical even for Clancy. Episode 1 alone would have lead to an all out war.
        You mean we have to suspend disbelief for a whole hour?!!? We've never had to do that before! Not for television.

Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No you have to do it for the whole show. The amount of international incidents is astounding. People killed in public in broad day light, people killed at colleges, people in various governments openly breaking international law...at least in the 90s the movies could get away with that because of the technology available. In the cell phone era?

If a US Senator was killed on a diplomatic mission in a foreign country they wouldnt let his aid run around killing people and setting up covert ops. Especially when said meeting was less than a day after he had a meeting with the President of the country who is in the midst of a tight re-election) Any President that let that go without serious repercussions would be burned in the town square. That is just episode 1...At no point is anything done throughout the series outside of what Jack Ryan and his little group is doing. There is like 5 Black Ops guys fighting...in what world would that happen if they had a belief a Senator was assassinated?

It isnt about suspending disbelief because all Clancy is suspending disbelief. It is just that you would have to literally shut down your brain to the level of drooling for it to make any real sense. It is kind of enjoyable...when it isnt trying to be Clear and Present Danger with worse actors. John Krasinski tries so hard to be a badass, but he always looks like he is 2 seconds away from crying because Pam said she didnt love him
          Last edited by Handyman; 12-05-2019, 11:55 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Republicans hate Watchmen. Had a conversation with one yesterday where the subject came up and he asked if I liked it and I said I loved it. I could see the disappointment in his face. To avoid an "argument" he didn't say anything after that. Knowing his politics and how the show has been vilified on youtube by certain critics it was easy for me to connect the dots.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Republicans hate Watchmen. Had a conversation with one yesterday where the subject came up and he asked if I liked it and I said I loved it. I could see the disappointment in his face. To avoid an "argument" he didn't say anything after that. Knowing his politics and how the show has been vilified on youtube by certain critics it was easy for me to connect the dots.
              I haven't watched yet, but what would Republicans find (politically?) objectionable about the show - real or perceived?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I haven't watched yet, but what would Republicans find (politically?) objectionable about the show - real or perceived?
                It's "woke" regarding the racism issue.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  It's against vigilante racism. Of course they're going to hate it. The GOP might as well be the 7th Cav.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I finally completed Legion. I would rank it among the best TV series in history, with the first season on Rushmore. The ending, as one of many possible ways to go, was more about closing doors than reaching a satisfying conclusion. I wasn't disappointed or blown away by it. I do like the overall arc of the series.

I hope people take it as a demonstration that you can do a successful show without sacrificing quality or dumbing down. There are parts of the show that are obviously well above my head, and I love swimming in those deep waters. I'm sure I'll be returning to this show, like West World, Mr. Robot, Black Mirror, American Gods, and Galactica, many times to further appreciate it. Art is important, and art made to reach millions of people is a miracle.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 12-06-2019, 01:01 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Question on MANDALORIAN:

Anyone feel that the series is running in a holding pattern, waiting for THE RISE OF SKYWALKER to release?

I'm enjoying the series, but the last two episodes seem to be distinctively different narratively than what the series started with over the first three episodes. Not that the last two episodes were bad per se. Just feel that with 8 episodes total, the last two are going to need to pay off at the end, as they have not provided much forward movement at this time. Wondering if there will be a big reveal at the end that will payoff in the movie somehow.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Question on MANDALORIAN:

Anyone feel that the series is running in a holding pattern, waiting for THE RISE OF SKYWALKER to release?

I'm enjoying the series, but the last two episodes seem to be distinctively different narratively than what the series started with over the first three episodes. Not that the last two episodes were bad per se. Just feel that with 8 episodes total, the last two are going to need to pay off at the end, as they have not provided much forward movement at this time. Wondering if there will be a big reveal at the end that will payoff in the movie somehow.
                        I believe the series takes place between 6 & 7 so not sure it will have any links to 9, but I've been wrong before.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Question on MANDALORIAN:

It's 9 episodes long, not 8. It is unrelated to Ep. IX, as Slap Shot said, taking place after Jedi, prior to TFA.

The story is, at its core, about a bounty hunter. There will be fulfillment of how the show started, but I think it'll be less climactic than some are expecting. Prediction: The Mando will hand over the baby to some Force user, and will continue on as a non-guild bounty hunter.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I finally completed Legion. I would rank it among the best TV series in history, with the first season on Rushmore. The ending, as one of many possible ways to go, was more about closing doors than reaching a satisfying conclusion. I wasn't disappointed or blown away by it. I do like the overall arc of the series.

I hope people take it as a demonstration that you can do a successful show without sacrificing quality or dumbing down. There are parts of the show that are obviously well above my head, and I love swimming in those deep waters. I'm sure I'll be returning to this show, like West World, Mr. Robot, Black Mirror, American Gods, and Galactica, many times to further appreciate it. Art is important, and art made to reach millions of people is a miracle.
                            Will knowing the comics help or hurt one's enjoyment of it.

Does it end with him ushering in the Age Of Apocalypse?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              It's 9 episodes long, not 8. It is unrelated to Ep. IX, as Slap Shot said, taking place after Jedi, prior to TFA.

The story is, at its core, about a bounty hunter. There will be fulfillment of how the show started, but I think it'll be less climactic than some are expecting. Prediction: The Mando will hand over the baby to some Force user, and will continue on as a non-guild bounty hunter.
                              Yea, I get that the series is talking place some 30 years before Episode IX. But that doesn't rule out that a Macguffin from this series turns up in the movie. (The obvious one is Baby Yoda himself, but I'm sure there is something backed in.) Interconnectivity is all the rage and Disney has shown that they want to focus on the non-Skywalker parts of the universe going forward.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Will knowing the comics help or hurt one's enjoyment of it.

Does it end with him ushering in the Age Of Apocalypse?!
                                I know nothing about the comics.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X