X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

E1 of The Mandalorian.

As someone that has never watched even a single minute of anything Star Wars aside from the (10?) movies and never read any of the books this show may go easier for me than diehards, but I watched with my younger son who has done both. We both enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't deep, but the CGI was crisp and the premise and quest intriguing enough I will give E2 a look.

Comment

I was surprised that my Samsung TV had the app. I thought the launch list didn't include them.

It also would play The Mandalorian, while the PS4 app gave an error.

I would say ep 1 was "fine." Ill watch ep 2 on Friday and see if i feel different about it.

The big reveal scene didnt really do anything for me.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The Mandalorian was perfectly cromulent for me.

I know the movies, but nothing else really, so I'm sure I missed some of the stuff out there. Didn't realize that Taika Watiti voiced the bounty hunting droid....
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Any comments on the bad zooming on Simpsons episodes on the app?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Any comments on the bad zooming on Simpsons episodes on the app?
            Which app? They're all apps, unless you're watching via the website. At any rate, the pre-HD shows are all zoomed and cropped to fit a 16:9 screen rather than the old 4:3 screens. The exception is when they cut to Itchy & Scratchy, those show the TV set outline and black bars on either side. This holds true to the standards put in place with pre-Disney ownership of the show. Season 3 begins with episode 2, Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, when streaming; they cut out the Michael Jackson episode that opened season 3.

I watched Star Wars ep IV, and they supposedly changed the Han/Greedo scene again, but I didn't see any difference from the last Lucas-made edit. Still, they should find a way to remove some of the stupid changes and bloat added by Lucas. Most of it adds nothing and even distracts from the experience.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I don’t know why they have to f-ck with aspect ratios.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Supposedly they added one spoken word by Greedo but it's not subtitled and seems to be a w.t.f.?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Supposedly they added one spoken word by Greedo but it's not subtitled and seems to be a w.t.f.?
                  Before he sold the franchise Lucas was editing the trilogy to be released in 3-D. It happens quickly but right after Han says, "I'll bet you have," and shoots Greedo the alien says, "Maclunkey," and then gets shot. No one knows what that is supposed to mean. Lucas made the edit then sold the franchise to Disney. This edit has been like a ticking time bomb for the past seven years and it finally went off Tuesday when people saw it. George has to be enjoying the fact that 1) the edit caused so many fanboys to lose their **** and 2) they're blaming Disney for the edit.

Comment

Watchmen keeps getting better and better. Heard that they plan only one season. But, perhaps, if this season is a success they might consider an anthology series. Which would be ideal and very interesting.

Dublin Murders is a couple episodes in. It's one of those mystery series where you're totally confused all the time cause they don't want to give it away. It's ok.

Last Week Tonight and Real Time are now done for the year. I think they come back in February. Going to be a long time to be without them especially with what is going on.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Is there a chance I would enjoy the watchmen just from loving Lindelhofs other work- primarily the leftovers? I also liked most of lost.

I just don’t get into the comic book genre, but this one sounds like it could be a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Is there a chance I would enjoy the watchmen just from loving Lindelhofs other work- primarily the leftovers? I also liked most of lost.

I just don’t get into the comic book genre, but this one sounds like it could be a little different.
                        Yes. But I would watch this first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJmg0uc3CjY&t=482s

It will get you up to speed with Watchmen mythology.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          E1 of The Mandalorian.

As someone that has never watched even a single minute of anything Star Wars aside from the (10?) movies and never read any of the books this show may go easier for me than diehards, but I watched with my younger son who has done both. We both enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't deep, but the CGI was crisp and the premise and quest intriguing enough I will give E2 a look.
                          The ending of the episode means they're introducing the Force into a non-Jedi or non-Sith being. The only time beings of that race have been shown in other movies, shows, or canon books, they've all had Force abilities.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Well Jeopardy wasted no time setting up a Brad-Ken-James matchup.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Today's movie-turned-TV series: Willow (Disney+)

Comment

Mad Mardigan!

Comment

Working...
                                X