This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Mandalorian is supposed to be tied in some way to the rise of Skywalker movie. Its part of why they are giving a 2 week break between episodes according to all the articles ive read.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Buddy hooked me up with Disney+ solely because of Mandalorian. I marathoned it today, will prob repeat, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. This is one solid series.

To go against the grain, and I really don't mean to, but my fave line: "I have spoken."
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Watchmen episode 8 was completely unexpected. It was hinted at all along but I didn't want to believe it. Only one episode left. Almost everything has been revealed already. Really wondering about the ultimate conclusion. Not sure how they want to end it.

Trying a Netflix/SyFy series called Van Helsing. I like the premise. The acting is "ok". 3 episodes in. We'll see.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Really felt like the writers hurried up the ending to Silicon Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Really felt like the writers hurried up the ending to Silicon Valley.
            Haven't watched S6 yet, but S5 was a step down from S1-4. So your interpretation would not shock me too much.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

First episode of Occupied is great and very believable.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Thumbs up for THE MANDALORIAN Ep. 6.

I enjoyed the more action-y story used here. New characters were "meh". Very basic, stereotypical "rag tag" group that was put together (the smartass, the leader, the muscle, etc.), but it worked. This episode took lots of twists and turns compared to the rest of the series, so assuming that was by choice of Rick Famuyiwa. It worked, but it stands out.

Spoiler question:
                For those that know better, is there any ties to Asoka (other than being the same species) from Xi'an and Quin? I'm not that deep into the lore, I've seen Asoka mentioned as being a significant character in the cartoon series.

Looking forward to seeing how this wraps up and if it plays any significance in the grand scheme of things.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Thumbs up for THE MANDALORIAN Ep. 6.

I enjoyed the more action-y story used here. New characters were "meh". Very basic, stereotypical "rag tag" group that was put together (the smartass, the leader, the muscle, etc.), but it worked. This episode took lots of twists and turns compared to the rest of the series, so assuming that was by choice of Rick Famuyiwa. It worked, but it stands out.

Spoiler question:
                  For those that know better, is there any ties to Asoka (other than being the same species) from Xi'an and Quin? I'm not that deep into the lore, I've seen Asoka mentioned as being a significant character in the cartoon series.

Looking forward to seeing how this wraps up and if it plays any significance in the grand scheme of things.
                  The first X-Wing pilot shown was Dave Filoni, the show runner of the various canon Star Wars TV shows.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The Henry Lee Lucas Docu-Series on Netflix is crazy interesting
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      The Henry Lee Lucas Docu-Series on Netflix is crazy interesting
                      I do want to watch that.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Watchmen stuck the landing. That's how you write an ending.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Watchmen stuck the landing. That's how you write an ending.
                          Looking forward to watching series over Xmas break.

Best finale I’ve ever seen is lindellhofs finale of the Leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Looking forward to watching series over Xmas break.

Best finale I’ve ever seen is lindellhofs finale of the Leftovers.
                            Listen to the official Podcasts when you're done. Well worth it. I'm listening to the last one right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Listen to the official Podcasts when you're done. Well worth it. I'm listening to the last one right now.
                              I’m through first two episodes so far. Holy crap this is good.

Comment

For those watching The Mandalorian, this week's episode will release on Wednesday due to the movie coming out Thursday/Friday. Disney sent out some notification emails today regarding this.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X