X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Continue.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Scooby did you not pick up what I was suggesting about this list?

-Prometheus
    -Star Trek 1 and 2
    -Cowboys and Aliens
    -Lost

Hint: Awesome is not an adjective I would use

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

-Prometheus
      -Star Trek 1 and 2
      -Cowboys and Aliens
      -Lost

I'm not worried. I get it. I'm not worried. Interviews I've listened to with him are all positive.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

-Prometheus
        -Star Trek 1 and 2
        -Cowboys and Aliens
        -Lost

Prometheus was great. Lost was good for the first several seasons. Star Trek 1 was outstanding. 2 is love it or leave it.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mayans MC:

About 2/3 through the second season. Like "Sons Of Anarchy," there are a LOT of webs in place at this point. However, UNlike SOA, Mayans writers learned things, and have tightened up stuff, so it's not so haywire/off the rails. So far, everything actually DOES have a reasonable reason for taking place. It's not just "well, went rogue, stuff happened." That being said, if they keep the tightness up, I would expect 4 seasons, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE 5 if they come up with something to add to the current stuff. While there are a lot of moving parts, it's more accelerated than SOA.

Really loving it so far.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Mayans MC:

About 2/3 through the second season. Like "Sons Of Anarchy," there are a LOT of webs in place at this point. However, UNlike SOA, Mayans writers learned things, and have tightened up stuff, so it's not so haywire/off the rails. So far, everything actually DOES have a reasonable reason for taking place. It's not just "well, went rogue, stuff happened." That being said, if they keep the tightness up, I would expect 4 seasons, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE 5 if they come up with something to add to the current stuff. While there are a lot of moving parts, it's more accelerated than SOA.

Really loving it so far.
            The network fired the show's creator. It was over personality issues.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              The network fired the show's creator. It was over personality issues.
              Sutter? He said he was leaving after this season, if a 3rd season is ordered. That's the last I heard anything. Dunno about the other creator. But, yes, Sutter is kind of a nutcase.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Finally caught Chernobyl on the plane ride over a couple nights ago. It was as brutal as I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Finally caught Chernobyl on the plane ride over a couple nights ago. It was as brutal as I expected.
                  So not great but not terrible?
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    So not great but not terrible?
                    I think he's referring to the content itself being brutal to watch; how the people suffered, etc.

Comment

I think he's referring to the content itself being brutal to watch; how the people suffered, etc.
                      Yeah that was what I read. The show was brilliant but a very difficult watch.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm absolutely loving Evil on CBS. This isn't a typical CBS show, and despite it being a "police procedural of the week," type show, it is fresh and exciting to watch. Feels like a throwback to when X-Files came out, just without the science fiction. Katja Herbers and Mike Colter perfectly play off each other.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          I'm absolutely loving Evil on CBS. This isn't a typical CBS show, and despite it being a "police procedural of the week," type show, it is fresh and exciting to watch. Feels like a throwback to when X-Files came out, just without the science fiction. Katja Herbers and Mike Colter perfectly play off each other.
                          I agree. It's my favorite new network show of the year.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

:facepalm:

It’s a joke from the show.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I don't watch much actual tv shows, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X