• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Cool.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's wonderful but please treat them as completely separate stories. Only the premise is the same. The book doesn't care at all about the politics or the intrigue, it's Dick's typical philosophical stuff about mind and reality.
      Added to my Amazon cart.

Speaking of MitHC, how has Rufus Sewell not won an Emmy or a Golden Globe yet? And how was his only nomination been for a one episode guest spot on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? Watching him spiral on MitHC reminded me of Bryan Cranstons fall on Breaking Bad. You are rooting for him but then you remember that he chose to be a goddammed Nazi.

Sewell's new mini-series "Agatha Christie’s The Pale Horse" on Amazon looks to be good.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The ending reveal in E1 of McMillions?

Am also interesting in checking out The Pharmacist.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          The ending reveal in E1 of McMillions?

Am also interesting in checking out The Pharmacist.
          I enjoyed Ep 1 of McMillions, but it felt a little bit like a story that could be told over a couple of episodes as opposed to how long they made it. Did we really need to spend all of that time talking about what a backwater that particular FBI office is, or how the one young agent was so in love with the idea of going undercover? Not real sure how that adds to the ultimate story.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I enjoyed Ep 1 of McMillions, but it felt a little bit like a story that could be told over a couple of episodes as opposed to how long they made it. Did we really need to spend all of that time talking about what a backwater that particular FBI office is, or how the one young agent was so in love with the idea of going undercover? Not real sure how that adds to the ultimate story.
            True enough. I suppose the theory is if the viewer is exposed to more backstory - especially of many of the characters involved - they'll be more vested in seeing how it all plays out. I wouldn't have minded if more ended up on the editing room floor.

Comment

Narcos Mexico S2 hits next week.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Narcos Mexico S2 hits next week.
                Meh. That show has fallen off. The way they breezed over the Cali Cartels was awful...

I miss Pablo Escobar...on the show
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Meh. That show has fallen off. The way they breezed over the Cali Cartels was awful...

I miss Pablo Escobar...on the show
                  Yes and no. I will see what it's like going forward.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Getting caught up on Last Chance U...good lord Independence Community College is a **bleep** show! The only people worse than the coach are his players. I am in Season 3 and you can see if they start losing there could be a war at that school
                    Last edited by Handyman; 02-08-2020, 07:31 AM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Homeland final season premiere. Not too bad, actually. Back to Afghanistan/Pakistan apparently so hopefully finishes on a decent note after some stinker seasons in the middle

Comment

Been watching The Outsider on HBO, based on the Steven King book.

First couple episodes, I was like, wow, this is a pretty intense drama/crime procedural, props for King for stepping beyond his usual forte. Next couple of episodes, yep, here it comes, the supernatural and mystical. But its been pretty compelling so far. Cynthia Erivo has been great.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Been watching The Outsider on HBO, based on the Steven King book.

First couple episodes, I was like, wow, this is a pretty intense drama/crime procedural, props for King for stepping beyond his usual forte. Next couple of episodes, yep, here it comes, the supernatural and mystical. But its been pretty compelling so far. Cynthia Erivo has been great.
                          She is fantastic. Should be up for an Emmy next with this performance.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

3 eps into S2 of Narcos:Mexico

They are making the moving parts MOVE. Every cog in motion, a little chaotic at times in the way they are telling it, but, that IS how this whole business works...will be interested to see how they go forward with it. A nice character drop-in, to add to one from last season, and they both are in the continuation of the true story...I liked that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              She is fantastic. Should be up for an Emmy next with this performance.
                              Saw her in "The Color Purple" on Broadway a few years back. She's a hell of an actress.

Comment

Watching Counterpart. JK Simmons is very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X