This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Halfway through the new Netflix Aaron Hernandez series. What a messed up story. I only half-paid attention to the actual news when it was happening, this delves pretty deep with fam and friends. Worth a view.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Schitt's Creek is maybe the best comedy to come out in the past 5 years. Dan Levy is a genius!
      I might be the only person who’s entirely annoyed by Dan’s character. The rest of the cast really makes the show for me.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I might be the only person who’s entirely annoyed by Dan’s character. The rest of the cast really makes the show for me.
        You aren't. I do love the back and forth between him and Stevie, though. Handy may have been referring to the show being Dan Levy's idea, also.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          No he is annoying but I think he is supposed to be that way. Plus yes, he created it so he gets all the credit
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Watchmen has been cancelled after the creator backed out of a second season.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              The Watchmen has been cancelled after the creator backed out of a second season.
              It was a great season, I’m ok with not trying to continue. But I hope lindelhof does something great

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                This could be a blessing. I would have preferred Mr. Robot, Legion, and West World ended after S1. Not because what came after was bad (it wasn't -- in fact WW S2 was actually also very good) but because that first season was perfection.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I thought maybe an anthology series could work after the first couple of episodes. But, after what Lindelhof did it's best to leave it alone as one long movie instead of a series.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A bullet dodged.

For the record, I'm not opposed to the premise in principle -- it could be excellent. But if you're gonna do this have it be by somebody like Donald Glover.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      A bullet dodged.

For the record, I'm not opposed to the premise in principle -- it could be excellent. But if you're gonna do this have it be by somebody like Donald Glover.
                      Wow. That's Star Wars and now this that the GOT duo have gotten axed in less than a year after GOT aired it's last episode. I wonder what they actually will make?
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        A bullet dodged.

So those two dikheads rushed through season 8 of GOT for this? And then they bailed on this for better money from Netflix?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Wow. That's Star Wars and now this that the GOT duo have gotten axed in less than a year after GOT aired it's last episode. I wonder what they actually will make?
                          I think they bailed on this before it got to that point. Netflix threw a lot of cash their way, and they jumped.

I predict everything they do in the future will be pure crap. There's a reason they weren't successful as authors, and also a reason why the quality of GOT went down once they were past adapting Martin's material.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            I think they bailed on this before it got to that point. Netflix threw a lot of cash their way, and they jumped.

I predict everything they do in the future will be pure crap. There's a reason they weren't successful as authors, and also a reason why the quality of GOT went down once they were past adapting Martin's material.
                            True. They had one good idea and it was Martin's. They just put it on screen.

Comment

Better call Saul renewed for a sixth and final season.

Feels like a long time since season 4 ended, 5 premiers next month

Comment

Oh man, HBO marathon of fan fav Curb episodes is great. So far I’ve seen Beloved Aunt, Survivor and funkhousers mom dying.
                                Man I’m gonna miss Funk.

Comment

Working...
                                X