This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Season 3 of Ozark was better than 2...but I had most of the ending figured out by episode 6 or 7. I honestly think outside of season 1 the show is completely overrated.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I honestly think outside of season 1 the show is completely overrated.
      Oh, so it's just like Bloodline.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Oh, so it's just like Bloodline.
        I never watched that...but probably

Dont get me wrong, the show is worth watching...but if it was half the show the snobs make it out to be I would would upset the season is over and be chomping at the bit to get another. I mean the end of the season was cool (though kind of a rehash) but I probably wont think about the show until Netflix reminds me about it coming back.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Better Call Saul:

Ok, after the latest episode:

Ice Station Zebra is the account in BB that Saul uses. There was a theory that Kim is just the caretaker of that for legal purposes. What if Kim is no more? At best, she has left Saul by the time BB starts up, at worst, she literally is no more, b/c she knows SOME things about Saul's business? I think the ISZ account is a painful reminder to Saul of the one that got away. He truly does love her, but...
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Better Call Saul:
            You know what is p***ing me off? I rewatched the last season as a refresher...by the time I finished, the first couple episodes of the season were already taken off "On Demand" (and AMC's website)...

Now I have to wait for it to hit Netflix.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              You know what is p***ing me off? I rewatched the last season as a refresher...by the time I finished, the first couple episodes of the season were already taken off "On Demand" (and AMC's website)...

Now I have to wait for it to hit Netflix.
              Drop the $15 for SD Season on Amazon Prime, watch it the day after it airs. That's what I do.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Drop the $15 for SD Season on Amazon Prime, watch it the day after it airs. That's what I do.
                I already pay for cable, I'm not spending $15 for the 3 to 4 episodes I need to get caught back up.

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Well, season 3 start of Homeland nets a downturn in the likeability of Saul and an upturn in the likability of Quinn. This show is a roller coaster.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    I already pay for cable, I'm not spending $15 for the 3 to 4 episodes I need to get caught back up.
                    Are they on the OnDemand on your cable box? Someone reminded me that feature still exists when I was looking for Survior on CBS last year.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Are they on the OnDemand on your cable box? Someone reminded me that feature still exists when I was looking for Survior on CBS last year.
                      Only starting ar episode 4.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Finished Picard, the last 2-3 episodes definitely had the Star Trek vibe more than the first half to 2/3rds of the season.

I'm still not sure what joe was referring to with his comment / spoiler. I mean, I have a guess, but if that's what made joe "crushed" then that says more about him than the show.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Finished Picard, the last 2-3 episodes definitely had the Star Trek vibe more than the first half to 2/3rds of the season.

I'm still not sure what joe was referring to with his 7 of 9 comment / spoiler. I mean, I have a guess, but if that's what made joe "crushed" then that says more about him than the show.
                          I took it as her obviously being bisexual which is why I said he is a petty little man.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I took it as her obviously being bisexual which is why I said he is a petty little man.
                            Yeah, that was my guess after seeing it. But I guess I hoped it was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

I'm still not sure what joe was referring to with his comment / spoiler. I mean, I have a guess, but if that's what made joe "crushed" then that says more about him than the show.
                              100% agree. I was kinda getting your point about Firefly. But as soon as the last three episodes played out, I was like “unofan must not have seen these yet.” The last three were fantastic and very on brand for Star Trek. Really made me reminisce about the morality lessons TNG brought to seemingly every episode.

I’d like to think joe was crushed by a crush no longer playing on his fantasy team, but I think you might be right.. Which is unfortunate.

Either way, I really appreciated their treatment of Data. I thought his death in the movie was a ****ing sham and I hated every simpering minute of it. This.... this was a much better treatment of it. The way Picard explained it in the final moments of his simulation. That helped clean up the mess. And Data, choosing death because it made him more human was far better and more in character for what he was always striving for, rather than a cold sacrifice a novice chess player would make because “logic”. It made me sad because he was my favorite character, but this just improved his legacy. I wish they would have reconsidered, but I get it. : (
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Aw man. Schitts Creek.

Good work, Eugene and Dan levy.

Comment

Working...
                                X