X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Watching Counterpart. JK Simmons is very good.
    JK Simmons is awesome. Check out the movie "The Music Never Stopped." It's a tear-jerker, he's excellent in it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      JK Simmons is awesome. Check out the movie "The Music Never Stopped." It's a tear-jerker, he's excellent in it.
      I think he is the consummate pro.

Comment

Just finished 3-part UK series called Manhunt about a true life investigation into the murder of a French girl in a small park in London. The investigation leads to the possibility the perp had committed 3 other similar crimes and the race was on. It was very well done.

Comment

Narcos Mexico S2:
          Well, that sure finished strong. Hope they renew the series. If one knows the true story, then one recognizes some characters that are in place for that next chapter.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Saw the "underwater city epoch" silent episode of Bojack Horseman tonight. That show is so good.

Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Outsider is/has been so goooooooooooooooooooooood.

And John Oliver is back.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Good to have Oliver back.

#YAAAASSPLEEN
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Undone

I do not recall any mention of this in here, but the series “Undone” on Amazon Prime Video caught my eye recently, so I decided to give it a shot. Only through episode 3 (of 9) so I cannot vouch for it completely yet, but this is quite an intriguing show, worthy of consideration for fans of Sci-Fi plots. Episode 1 was a bit “slow”, but it does set-up the following episodes quite well which are much more involved. Glad I kept going (so far)!

Trying not to give-away too much with this, but the story revolves around a woman who acquires a “new relationship with time” after getting into a car accident. Kind-of fits into a theory of 'mine' that upon death we assume full-control of a fourth dimension (time). So far (thru episode 3), she is struggling to gain control of this ability, having “one foot stuck in a linear time reality, and one foot in a non-linear time existence”.

The animated series is shot entirely using rotoscope technique, which took a bit to used to, but ultimately allows for ease on some of the effects (and lower cost, no doubt). With some of the timeline disturbance, one must watch closely to “keep-up” and make sense of the inherent chaos resulting from the shifting timeline(s), but it all seems to come-together eventually.

Looking forward to episodes 4-9.

Cheers!!!
                  ~TTF
                  Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

West World S3 trailer.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Made it through E2 of The Outsider. I had a feeling early on that at least one person involved in The Night Of was also involved and it's the same creator. We've enjoyed it so far, but I hope what I think is coming doesn't ruin it for me.

Comment

Clone Wars season 7 premiered this morning on Disney+. Good start to this four episode arc. It appears an old friend isn't as dead as once thought. It is season 7 so I wouldn't recommend starting from scratch, but if you have limited time, the Domino Squad (S3 Ep 1, S1 Ep 5, S3 Ep 2) and the Anakin Meets Tarkin (S3 Eps 18-20) arcs are the relevant ones to watch.

Comment

Season 2 of Altered Carbon comes out on Netflix next week...looking forward to it.

Comment

Better Call Saul starts up again on Sunday. Can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Better Call Saul starts up again on Sunday. Can't wait.
                              Can’t wait. I skimmed the last season this week because I remembered nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Can’t wait. I skimmed the last season this week because I remembered nothing
                                I did too, to recall some details in the subplots.

Comment

Working...
                                X