This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Season 2 of Altered Carbon comes out on Netflix next week...looking forward to it.
    Us too. Bummed that Kinnaman isn't in it anymore, but I'm willing to give Mackie a shot.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Better Call Saul starts up again on Sunday. Can't wait.
      And Fargo in April!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Re: Undone

Jesus ****ing christ this ******* on Jeopardy who isn't answering anything with a ****ing question. You have to ****ing audition to get on this show how does he not understand the basic ****ing rules.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          And Fargo in April!
          Still too cold. Fargo in July, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Jesus ****ing christ this ******* on Jeopardy who isn't answering anything with a ****ing question. You have to ****ing audition to get on this show how does he not understand the basic ****ing rules.
            I know this is heresy but I have always hated "answer in the form of a question." A word followed by a question mark is a well-formed question. It just wastes time.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I know this is heresy but I have always hated "answer in the form of a question." A word followed by a question mark is a well-formed question. It just wastes time.
              In the early days the clues were more along the lines of actual answers. The clue might be "5280" and an appropriate response would be "How many feet are in a mile?"

Now it's a free-for-all. Any form of a question is OK - "Is that Abraham Lincoln?" would be acceptable.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I’ve started rewatching Ewan Mcgregors Long Way Round series. Originally saw it when it was just released in 04 and I was living in the UK.
                It’s about his motorcycle trip across the world, and I love the parts through Russia, kazhakstan and Mongolia.

I need to see the sequels long way down and long way up. All seem to be on Prime right now

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  There can be an argument for what you're saying, yes, but given that the show has been around for 40 years and he had to apply over the better part of a year to be on it, the onus is on him to know the rules as is.

That said, the guy seemed a little off in general. It felt like Will Ferrell doing one of his Harry Carry-esque characters.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Us too. Bummed that Kinnaman isn't in it anymore, but I'm willing to give Mackie a shot.
                    Binge watching season 1 this weekend. I'd forgotten how much I liked it. I recognize it has its flaws, but it just hits all my spots. Part scifi, part noir, with above average acting and a decent plot.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Binge watching season 1 this weekend. I'd forgotten how much I liked it. I recognize it has its flaws, but it just hits all my spots. Part scifi, part noir, with above average acting and a decent plot.
                      Exactly. It gets ridiculous at times, but it is good enough to make up for them. The bad acting performances are because they are people used to performing on stage, so they overdo it.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Watched 2 episodes of The Hunters. Might be good, but i cant watch anymore. The character Jonah completely ruins it for me.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          There can be an argument for what you're saying, yes, but given that the show has been around for 40 years and he had to apply over the better part of a year to be on it, the onus is on him to know the rules as is.

That said, the guy seemed a little off in general. It felt like Will Ferrell doing one of his Harry Carry-esque characters.
                          People change when the lights come on. Maybe nerves?
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

S5 Better Call Saul premiere:

Solid start...the black and white portion (which is the post-Breaking Bad storyline) was VERY interesting. Could we see what the endgame is for that plot? A sort of El Camino for Saul?

Kim's storyline...hoo boy. The inner conflict she has with Saul/Jimmy is massive, almost at a breaking point. How it ends up...could go in any direction.

The Lalo/Mike/Gus/Nacho vein of the story, well, how it comes to a head should be a fun ride. It was interesting to see how Mike is handling the current situation.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And episode two airs tonight, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                And episode two airs tonight, right?
                                Just checked, and that's a yes! Now I'm super-pumped! I bought the season pass from Amazon, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it, but WOOHOO! Wonder why they did it that way....
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X