X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Saw episode 1 of Tiger King. Holy sh-t what did I just watch?

I loved it.
    3/29

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    4 episodes in and it just gets better and deeper and the cast of characters keeps getting larger.

Last night Dr. Mrs said there is an alternate America where these people live and I said, "Dump is President. You and I are living in the alternate America."

Tiger King is basically what if Dump didn't have a credit line?
    4/2

Five days later and you're only on the 4th episode?!?!?!?
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      4 episodes in and it just gets better and deeper and the cast of characters keeps getting larger.

Last night Dr. Mrs said there is an alternate America where these people live and I said, "Dump is President. You and I are living in the alternate America."

Tiger King is basically what if Dump didn't have a credit line?
      🤣 and 😢😢😢. Spot on analysis Kep!
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        3/29

4/2

Five days later and you're only on the 4th episode?!?!?!?
        Work. Books. Chores. Sleep. It adds up.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm liking Picard, but it's not Star Trek. It's Firefly with Star Trek characters.

Just like Quantum of Solace was a Bourne movie with James Bond.

Comment

I disagree. Joss Whedon could never write anything as good as Picard. I think it fits in quite well with other Star Trek the finale especially.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I could see why someone would think that. Part of me wanted to say that as well. But then I look at First Contact and compare, it’s substantially the same in terms of overall crafting. Just a different story, better acting, and much better cinematography. It’s everything Trek should be. Or better yet, it’s an evolution.

I like that it’s a serial now. Makes it so much better than typical episodic storytelling.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

“Please my friends, choose to live” is a great way to end an episode.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Finally got around to the France season of Chef's Table. Absolutely exquisite.

Comment

I am finishing Season 2 of Ozark...meh. The first season is way better. Hopefully season 3 is as good as the hype.

Meh might actually be a bit harsh...it isnt bad it just isnt that good either. The pacing is all off. The story is kinda of muddled and it has both too much and too little going on depending on the episode. The shock value of certain scenes are good, but after about episode 4 I basically said "yeah this is just ridiculous none of this would ever work". Then they try and make characters seem like they are deeper than they are by having them have weird fetishes and problems that just arent needed. (I am looking at you creepy gay FBI guy) Honestly the season seems almost like filler half the time.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I though season 3 was alright

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I though season 3 was alright
                        Was it better than 2?
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Was it better than 2?
                          Yes, but keep in mind I can’t remember much of 2.
                          Some plot lines lagged in 3. Wish I could remember more about 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Yes, but keep in mind I can’t remember much of 2.
                            Some plot lines lagged in 3. Wish I could remember more about 2.
                            2 is basically...all the people involved are stupid and egotistical and the Cartel is angry with them. (their lawyer is in like every other scene it seems)

If this was actually happening, the Cartel would have killed everyone involved 2 episodes into season 2
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I am finishing Season 2 of Ozark...meh. The first season is way better. Hopefully season 3 is as good as the hype.

Meh might actually be a bit harsh...it isnt bad it just isnt that good either. The pacing is all off. The story is kinda of muddled and it has both too much and too little going on depending on the episode. The shock value of certain scenes are good, but after about episode 4 I basically said "yeah this is just ridiculous none of this would ever work". Then they try and make characters seem like they are deeper than they are by having them have weird fetishes and problems that just arent needed. (I am looking at you creepy gay FBI guy) Honestly the season seems almost like filler half the time.
                              3 is better, in my opinion. I'm not sure it's as good as 1, but it's better than 2.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                3 is better, in my opinion. I'm not sure it's as good as 1, but it's better than 2.
                                Good to know thanks
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X