X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    (something dumb and mean-spirited, as usual)
    Rebuttal:

Fig. 1 Brigitte Bardot

Not a brain in her head, but I could listen to her talk about clothes all day.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2020, 06:58 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The big flower flight just hit Netflix. If it’s anything like British baking show it’ll be great

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Rebuttal:

Fig. 1 Brigitte Bardot

Not a brain in her head, but I could listen to her talk about clothes all day.
        Me too.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Putting this here instead of the Basketball thread.

Just finished The Last Dance today. Thought it was really good. I like documentaries like that. I did find it kind of interesting there was no mention of his (ex?) wife and there was no mention of his kids till the last episode. He was kind of a jerk. Couldn’t take it if someone joked at him, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Putting this here instead of the Basketball thread.

Just finished The Last Dance today. Thought it was really good. I like documentaries like that. I did find it kind of interesting there was no mention of his (ex?) wife and there was no mention of his kids till the last episode. He was kind of a jerk. Couldn’t take it if someone joked at him, etc.
            ABC is re-airing this, IIRC on Sat nights. Looking forward to watching it.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It started so if you didn’t see it Saturday you missed the first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                It started so if you didn’t see it Saturday you missed the first episode.
                Dang. Oh well. I'll watch the rest of it. I mean, we all know the basic story.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The leftovers, six feet under, the good place, the Americans

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The Americans, Breaking Bad, Cheers, Brotherhood.

Sons Of Anarchy was beyond predictable, but they told it well, if that makes sense.

Edit: Mad Men was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The Wire, Justified, The Americans, Breaking Bad...

Good, but could have been better: Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        The Wire, Justified, The Americans, Breaking Bad...

Good, but could have been better: Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy.
                        Justified is a good call. Forgot about that one, and I shall go to the box for two minutes and feel shame, as I own the series. To be fair (to be faiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) my parents have had that on loan for a couple years, working through it, so I forgot about it.

Comment

The Americans, The Wire, The Sopranos, Justified.

I started rewatching HIMYM from S1 (I missed S1 and 2 when it intitially aired) and if memory serves for me the biggest disappointment was the utter lack of emotinal appeal to the meeting of the mother. Hoping I'm misremebering that or I get a different reaction this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            The Americans, The Wire, The Sopranos, Justified.

I started rewatching HIMYM from S1 (I missed S1 and 2 when it intitially aired) and if memory serves for me the biggest disappointment was the utter lack of emotinal appeal to the meeting of the mother. Hoping I'm misremebering that or I get a different reaction this time around.
                            No, the problem with HIMYM is that they actually made us care about the mother after introducing her at the end of the penultimate season, then the series finale turned it back to Robin despite spending 7 years telling us how they won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              No, the problem with HIMYM is that they actually made us care about the mother after introducing her at the end of the penultimate season, then the series finale turned it back to Robin despite spending 7 years telling us how they won't work.
                              Maybe Robin works after they have all that life experience (he married and had kids with someone else first) behind them? It's been known to happen.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                There's that too. My issue was they built up the mother all those years but because it was purely anecdotal I just didn't care who she ended up being after speding those 9 years watching the main cast. The reveal was anti-climatic.

Comment

Working...
                                X