This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    3 is better, in my opinion. I'm not sure it's as good as 1, but it's better than 2.
    I’ll trust your review, I can’t remember much about one either. Pretty sure my quarantine viewing could be skewing my ratings

Comment

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Am I the only one that's been underwhelmed by WW Season 3 so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I was also underwhelmed by their ****e season 2...don’t even care to watch 3 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I'm hoping it is suckering us in. So far it's completely disposable, just another intrigue Lost-like ambiguity show. It's like the intelligence dropped to zero as soon as they got into our world.

I trust Nolan. Even if the usual as-sholes put pressure on to do an accessible final season, I trust him to be able to sneak something special out under their noses.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I was also underwhelmed by their ****e season 2...don’t even care to watch 3 yet.
            S2 was a solid 9. It just wasn't the 73 that S1 was.

WW seems to be following the Mr. Robot and Legion trajectory. Incredibly interesting and subtle S1 gets popular so the dopes start moving in. Writers hold out for a while, but there are delays and things begin to slip. The actors become names and probably start to think the piano is composing the music, so things become cliche and at their level.

But in each case we will always have S1.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I'm hoping it is suckering us in. So far it's completely disposable, just another intrigue Lost-like ambiguity show. It's like the intelligence dropped to zero as soon as they got into our world.

I trust Nolan. Even if the usual as-sholes put pressure on to do an accessible final season, I trust him to be able to sneak something special out under their noses.
              I hope you're right. I like you enjoyed S2 but I didn't even finish the last episode of S3. I'll give it another try and remain patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I hope you're right. I like you enjoyed S2 but I didn't even finish the last episode of S3. I'll give it another try and remain patient.
                S3 episode 1 I almost turned off. Wayyyyy too far out there for me and adding all those new characters.

I liked the 2nd episode. Much more my style and back to what I was accustom to with the show.

Haven’t seen 3rd episode yet.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

CC to Handy: USA is doing a "binge-a-thon" of Psych. Starting Wednesday after NXT will be seasons 1 and 2, then I assume next week will be 3 and 4, etc.

Why do I need to do things like "work" and "sleep?"

And no need to assume. It will be set up that way.
                  Last edited by MissThundercat; 04-04-2020, 10:23 PM.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Oh believe me...I know

(but thanks I appreciate the heads up)
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Rewatching The Sopranos, just finished season 1. GD what a great show!
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Handy or Scooby, or whoever it was has me re-watching Homeland.

Pardon me while I channel Roy Moore, but Brodie's daughter is cute.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Oh believe me...I know

(but thanks I appreciate the heads up)
                          So why do I need to do things like work and sleep?
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Handy or Scooby, or whoever it was has me re-watching Homeland.

Pardon me while I channel Roy Moore, but Brodie's daughter is cute.
                            I doubt it was me. Yeah, she'll be a looker someday.

I finished season 2 last night. The show that is the most like it that I have watched is How To Get Away With Murder. Those are both two shows that I have an extreme difficulty liking any of the characters. For Homeland about the only person I have an affinity is Saul (mandy patinkin).
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Finished Tiger King. That's not the end of the story. I am certain this will just keep on.

And my god I still don't know what to think about at least the following questions: (spoilers below)

Q. Did Carole kill Don?

A. My guess is Don is alive somewhere warm with lots of money and problems of his own. When he blew town Carole took care of herself.

Q. Is the attempted murder charge on Joe unsound?

A. My guess is Joe never paid Allen to kill Carole. He talked about it all the time and Jeff wound him up but it's a frame. Not that there isn't enough to hold Joe on. Further I think the Feds know it's a frame and are using it as leverage to entice Joe to blow up the whole industry.

Q. Where did Don's money come from?

A. Drugs. Come on.

Q. Where did Bhagavan's money come from?

A. (scratches head) I guess he's a cult leader who sucked his followers dry. Or drugs. God it could be anything.

Q. And Jeff's?

A. He doesn't have any.

Q. Did Rick burn his own stuff?

A. Yes.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Mookie knocked off amazon’s Jack Ryan season 2 yesterday. A little light, but Mookie will watch season 3.

Mookie also started the English game of netflix. Interesting so far a couple episodes in.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X