This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Man, PBS' Frontline show America's Great Divide: From Obama to Trump is excellent. I only watched Part 1, but I'm looking forward to finishing it.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I don't know either. Just because a show isn't mainstream doesn't make it worth watching. I made it through 3 episodes.
      Perhaps it’s different taste? I don’t know how anyone can stand sitting through 90% of comic book movies.

I’ve got a lot of acquaintances who love the show, you two are first I’ve heard. I think phoebe is brilliant whether it’s this show or killing eve

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I don't know either. Just because a show isn't mainstream doesn't make it worth watching. I made it through 3 episodes.
        The only thing I can think of is it switches the gender rolls. Other than that my guess is cause of it is British and the main character breaks the Fourth Wall.

It doesn't seem that original, it isn't funny and none of the characters are likable or interesting. I am being girlfriended into watching so I hope it gets better.
        Last edited by Handyman; 01-15-2020, 08:34 AM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It’s not groundbreaking, it’s just great.

Makes you squirm and laugh.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            It’s not groundbreaking, it’s just great.

Makes you squirm and laugh.
            It does? I haven't laughed once and this show is nothing compared to HBO or Showtime shows on the squirm factor. Is it cause she is a woman talking about disgusting stuff cause I hear way worse from a lot of women I know
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I'm two episodes into Fleabag...why do people like this show?
              You have a Y chromosome. You're not supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                The only thing I can think of is it switches the gender rolls. Other than that my guess is cause of it is British and the main character breaks the Fourth Wall.

It doesn't seem that original, it isn't funny and none of the characters are likable or interesting. I am being girlfriended into watching so I hope it gets better.
                Seems ok to me. I'm not laughing out loud but it's funny enough and different enough that it's worth watching.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I like British humor often enough, but like you I didn't find it that amusing. Didn't hate it. Just "meh".

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Perhaps it’s different taste? I don’t know how anyone can stand sitting through 90% of comic book movies.

I’ve got a lot of acquaintances who love the show, you two are first I’ve heard. I think phoebe is brilliant whether it’s this show or killing eve
                  Killing Eve has been fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    So uh....
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm so glad you guys started this conversation. I'm three episodes in as well and I don't see what all the fuss is about. PWB is great at acceptance speeches. Between the Emmys, Golden Globes and Critics Choice Awards I thought - wow, I need to start watching this. I guess I was just so annoyed at Fleabag beating out Schitt's Creek for Best Comedy, it's reflecting on how I'm thinking of Fleabag. When does Hot Priest show up? Season 2?

Comment

I can’t believe schitts creek doesn’t get more love.

Hot priest is 2. I enjoyed 2 more than 1.

Comment

Schitt's Creek is maybe the best comedy to come out in the past 5 years. Dan Levy is a genius!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Schitt's Creek is maybe the best comedy to come out in the past 5 years. Dan Levy is a genius!
                              Is Barry within that timeframe?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Is Barry within that timeframe?
                                I’d say it’s equally as good as Barry, but it’s just so different to me

Comment

Working...
                                X